NECA: The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember when Hellraiser series was $14.99 CAN or Cult Classics was at most $18.99 CAN! Those were the Golden years of collecting.

I would gladly pay more for NECA figures if this would result in increased quality control.

Got my Macready. This figure is nice. The head looks better in person, as I suspected it would. Sometimes these super tight, hi resolution cameras (even on cell phones) can be brutally unforgiving. I highly recommend the figure.

The potential issues some may have...the lantern handle is very thin, and potentially brittle. Not malleable at all. So it will break if its twisted and tugged. The elbow joints and ankle joints are molded in a medium brown plastic, with a quick black wash slopped over them. The minute the posing begins in these areas, the black wash comes off, and the bare joint plastic is exposed. Since it is at least brown, it isn't as noticeable as the joint pegs for their Defenders of the Earth figures that left a lot of people in tears. That being said, the hands appear to have flesh colored pegs, so no risk of losing paint when swapped out. For $30, its well worth it.

The potential issues some may have...the lantern handle is very thin, and potentially brittle. Not malleable at all. So it will break if its twisted and tugged .

Yeah, mine broke immediately. [emoji38] I managed to glue it seamlessly though. I won't be using. And as usual you definitely have to heat the hands up if you want him to hold that bottle.

It's been a while since I bought a Neca figure but I'm pretty pleased with this one. The paint is neat and not slopped around, at least on mine. I'm really looking forward to more releases in this line.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm definitely happy with the one's I picked up, and I hope they do more with the license (and honestly, the more classic Carpenter characters, the better).

Does anyone know if/when this will be available online?
It's a 30 day exclusive for Target, they (this figure, two King Kongs, and 2015 Doc Brown) were all supposed to launch on Father's Day, but they've been in stores for a couple weeks and was on Target.com. I just looked and the rest are still on Target.com, so this one must have sold well. So yeah it'll be on other sites but don't know exactly when, I suppose the latest would be 1 month after Father's Day.

I’ve been to Target a few times recently but have yet to see MacReady. I’ve found the 2015 Doc (picked him up) and have seen the new King Kong figures. My local Target seems to be displaying them all together on a shelf with some other figures/collectibles instead of the normal NECA section. I’ve checked the section too but no luck.

I finally opened this guy today and I have to agree with everyone else on how well the figure moves. It's like they finally decided to work on tolerances for the first time. Everything is nice and smooth how you'd really expect.

I finally opened this guy today and I have to agree with everyone else on how well the figure moves. It's like they finally decided to work on tolerances for the first time. Everything is nice and smooth how you'd really expect.
Agreed! I find this to be pleasantly surprising considering how quickly this figure went from initial reveal to actual release.

Back