NECA: The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick pick of mine, the best painted head seems to be the hooded one on the right. The hooded one on the left is missing a little paint from his mustache, and the hair one has a slightly off left eye, looks fine as long as I don't wear glasses.
View attachment 514173

Took mine out of the packaging, all the joints move freely!
Neca must've improved the Ankle rockers at some point, they work much better than the far more limited ankle ball joints.

Are you on the west coast or other? I am in Ohio, and trying to gauge when I should start looking in my Targets.

I'm in Baltimore MD - so the east coast. My niece works at a Target and I asked if she could find out when they would get these in stock. She looked and told me 6/3. And she's first shift so she'll be able grab one for me early in the day. [emoji869]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Wouldn't say no to mutated Bennings

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

I really can't decide on this release as I love the film so much but the face on this figure just doesn't look right to me. I'm also a cloth clothing collector so I might just holdout in case a retro style one ever gets released but I'm on the fence with this one.

Ian

Ultimate MacReady - The Thing by scarrviper II, on Flickr

Found Mac at Target yesterday morning. Some were in the neca section, and some were on an endcap in the toy department.

This is a really amazing figure. I'm happy with the likeness, I think it looks like Kurt Russel just fine. The detailing is excellent and the accessories are really well done.

This is the first figure I've bought in a long time that had no stuck joints, I didn't have to heat up any of them. I did have to heat the hands though with the hairdryer to get them to hold the accessories. The hands swap out very easily. The alternate heads though are a tight fit. His sunglasses fit on all 3 heads really well, but they can be tricky to put on. The goggles are a great inclusion, but I imagine the strap could be fragile, I heated those up with the hairdryer before putting them on him just to be safe. His hat is perfect, they nailed it. I love how the strap allows you to stow it on his back like in the movie.

Now there are some paint issues to watch out for - sloppy beards, weird brown paint on the noses, bad eyes, sloppy snaps on the jacket, missing blue paint on his shirt, scratches on the pants, etc...

Also unfortunately most of them had whisky glasses where the whiskey is not level in the bottom of the glass, instead it's cockeyed. Very annoying :gah:. I've tried to remove it to fix it, but so far no success, the tiny piece is wedged in the glass really tight.

MacReady might be my new favorite figure of the year, so far anyway. I still can't believe we have him already, after only finding out about him two months ago.

Found this figure in central Ohio today, really happy to finally have him! Bring on the creatures Neca!
eda0441fc31b3b55927b16b7b7f772dc.jpg
01ccbed7b069cd4200da37d31d4a3e36.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Seems he's the most popular out of this set of releases.

I do hope Neca makes some Things to go with him, at the very least.

I had to stop by target today and MacReady is already sold out from Tuesday. He's definitely popular right now, makes me very thankful I was able to snag him this week.

Back