NECA: The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking figure, definitely buying at least 2.

Yes, I feel the same way. For the longest time, Randy said that the problem with this license is that it traditionally does not sell very well. I plan to buy 3 to 4 figures of each release to help support the cause.

Great looking figure, definitely buying at least 2.

Yes, I feel the same way. For the longest time, Randy said that the problem with this license is that it traditionally does not sell very well. I plan to buy 3 to 4 figures of each release to help support the cause.

I was tempted to buy two, but you have to figure we're going to get some more down the line, so I'll hold off for now and see how similar/different they will be.

I went to both my local Targets and all I found at each were a handful of disappointed nerds looking for the new The Thing MacReady figure. [emoji852]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Same here, no sign of MacReady yet at my Target. Probably too early to check, it seems like he's mostly showing up on the west coast.

Going by the toyark gallery and the few youtube videos I've seen Mac looks fantastic. The likeness looks a lot better than how it did in the promo pics.

It looks decent, but not more than double the cost of retail price decent. Patience will pay off if you're just a normal collector looking to pick up one of these (and not one of those scalpers buying the entire shelf). People...

I found a Bttf2 Doc Brown today, so hopeful I'll actually find a MacReady. When I found the new airplane Kong there were 8 of them on the shelf, so hopefully all Targets are getting good stock.

I was tempted to buy two, but you have to figure we're going to get some more down the line, so I'll hold off for now and see how similar/different they will be.

I haven't ever watched the film with action figure possibilities in mind and I don't think I currently have access to the film to see how MacReady was dressed in what scenes and so on. I'll still get two for sure though because I like to keep one boxed these days.

I haven't ever watched the film with action figure possibilities in mind and I don't think I currently have access to the film to see how MacReady was dressed in what scenes and so on. I'll still get two for sure though because I like to keep one boxed these days.

This figure covers Mac's appearance (and accessories he uses) for approx. the first 25-28 minutes of the film. He only has a shot gun when he travels with Copper to the Norweigan camp, and he sports the lantern there too. I imagine we will get at least 2 more Macs. One with a flame thrower, blood dish, copper wire and Norris head, and One with snow effects and a roll of dynamite sticks bound together.

This isn't a new practice with Nece. They made every version possible of Dutch Schafer in their Predator line once they got Arnie's likeness license. It's about love of the films and art, but they also have to make money. So we will each have an army of MacCreadies I imagine ....if we want them all.

Ill probably be buying them all. We'll be getting several iterations of the thing I'm betting, but I'm hoping we'll get at least one more cast member with the release of Keith David as Childs.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Keith seemed really excited about his retro figure so if that is any indication, he’d probably happily let them do another figure. It would technically be his 3rd Neca if you count Goliath.

Keith seemed really excited about his retro figure so if that is any indication, he?d probably happily let them do another figure. It would technically be his 3rd Neca if you count Goliath.

Happily as long as he is paid for this SEPARATE license

I don’t think Neca really minds that. Seems like most of the issues they run into are just getting the actors to be willing to sign off in the first place. Now that they are ‘in’ with him, I doubt it would be much of a challenge to get him to do another figure.

Found a bunch of MacReadys and BTTF II Doc Browns today at Target, had the opportunity to pick through four of each, the MacReady eye paint can be all over the place, some of the hair heads look scared to death, others looked nuts, managed to find one with decent paint apps for the hair head but not perfect. The other hooded heads looked mostly okay, on mine they look just about perfect.
I hope they do at least one more MacReady with Flamethrower and better painted eyes. I'd also pick up a Childs and of course I need the actual Thing if they make them. They should pack in the Spider head with Childs.
Doc Brown has some paint issues but not nearly as bad as MacReady. Only bought MacReady this time, Neca can just be too expensive.

Last edited:
Found a bunch of MacReadys and BTTF II Doc Browns today at Target, had the opportunity to pick through four of each, the MacReady eye paint can be all over the place, some of the hair heads look scared to death, others looked nuts, managed to find one with decent paint apps for the hair head but not perfect. The other hooded heads looked mostly okay, on mine they look just about perfect.
I hope they do at least one more MacReady with Flamethrower and better painted eyes. I'd also pick up a Childs and of course I need the actual Thing if they make them. They should pack in the Spider head with Childs.
Doc Brown has some paint issues but not nearly as bad as MacReady. Only bought MacReady this time, Neca can just be too expensive.

I was worried about the paint apps. Maybe I will look around to see I can find a decent one too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick pick of mine, the best painted head seems to be the hooded one on the right. The hooded one on the left is missing a little paint from his mustache, and the hair one has a slightly off left eye, looks fine as long as I don't wear glasses.
Neca The Thing MacReady 001.jpg

Took mine out of the packaging, all the joints move freely!
Neca must've improved the Ankle rockers at some point, they work much better than the far more limited ankle ball joints.

Last edited:
Back