NECA: The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like Neca?s ?ultimate? title for the line doesn?t mean what it used to. It meant this was the ultimate package and everything you could possibly want for the character was included. Now it?s like ultimate for this one segment of the movie. The lack of a flamethrower is very evident with this release, meaning at least one more is coming.

I'm ok with it for releases like this, I can't think of a way for them to include everything in one package. You got the flamethrower, the dynamite vest, a snow covered version and the kennel version too. How would you expect them to include all of that in one package?

No, that wouldn’t realistically be possible with keeping them around $30. I just wish they’d save that ultimate title for the figures they do throw the kitchen sink in for and truly are a one and done ultimate package. It seems kinda like how HT has watered down their DX title to just mean moveable eyes now.

No, that wouldn?t realistically be possible with keeping them around $30. I just wish they?d save that ultimate title for the figures they do throw the kitchen sink in for and truly are a one and done ultimate package. It seems kinda like how HT has watered down their DX title to just mean moveable eyes now.

Oh, I thought you were wanting everything included in one package, I understand what your saying now about the name. It's just a name to separate it from other lines like the retro cloth and toony terrors lines now. I'm surprised that Super7 calls their lines Ultimate's too.

Oh, I thought you were wanting everything included in one package, I understand what your saying now about the name. It's just a name to separate it from other lines like the retro cloth and toony terrors lines now. I'm surprised that Super7 calls their lines Ultimate's too.

Super7's line is literally called "ULTIMATES!" plural, all caps, and with the exclamation point. NECA is using Ultimate as just a description I guess. Their movie line is called Reel Toys, it's usually a small logo on the back or bottom of the box, so they don't really promote it much at all as a line in that sense like Super7.

I feel like Neca?s ?ultimate? title for the line doesn?t mean what it used to. It meant this was the ultimate package and everything you could possibly want for the character was included. Now it?s like ultimate for this one segment of the movie. The lack of a flamethrower is very evident with this release, meaning at least one more is coming.

This one still comes with a lot of stuff. The next one will come with the flamethrower and some kind of creature. Maybe the Spider head. I'm not sure what else they can include. It's been years since I've seen the film.

I'm ok with there being multiple versions of Macready, this will mean more accessories and more display options from different stages of the film.

That said, I can't wait to see him in store, he looks fantastic. If I had to guess, the next version will have the flamethrower, dynamite, revolver with pistol belt/holster, flares, blood test petri dishes, maybe the Norris spider head. What I'm curious about is the thing itself, how will they release it and how many forms will they do? Also will we see more characters after Mac?

I'm ok with there being multiple versions of Macready, this will mean more accessories and more display options from different stages of the film.

That said, I can't wait to see him in store, he looks fantastic. If I had to guess, the next version will have the flamethrower, dynamite, revolver with pistol belt/holster, flares, blood test petri dishes, maybe the Norris spider head. What I'm curious about is the thing itself, how will they release it and how many forms will they do? Also will we see more characters after Mac?

I have no doubt we will get multiple versions of the thing and Macready, but I hope we get more of the team than just Macready, that I'm not sure of.

I'm happy at this point just to be getting MacReady but either way you know NECA will make a couple Things at the very least. I swear their business between some of these horror items and their TMNT figures, they must have made more new figures in the last 18 months than like the last 3 years before that. It's like non-stop.

Anyway if/when they do Things, I would hope they just pack them together, I'll get another MacReady but I don't have 4 of them haha. Annoying how they're doing that with their King Kong figure.

This will be like the Ultimate Gremlin.....

Followed by 8 other ones......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've already worked with Keith David so I'd be reasonably optimistic about that...unless the line tanks from the start.

It’s crazy that with the entirety of that crazy movie the one diorama I want most is with Mac and Childs sharing a drink at the end my favorite scene because when you think about it the fate of the entire world is dependent on the outcome of that one simple quiet scene.

The battle of the wits between human and alien.

Last edited:
MacReady isn’t complete without Childs

Agreed, but hope this launches a new The Thing line

Tell me Kurt Russell fig is a general release and not an exclusive? Honestly, Target exclusives are the worst.

From the image on page 2, I'd say ditch the two alt heads (none look even close to Kurt), and give us a flamethrower and little petri dish with thing coming out of it. The hat should be twice that size (lol)

It?s crazy that with the entirety of that crazy movie the one diorama I want most is with Mac and Childs sharing a drink at the end my favorite scene because When you think about it the fate of the entire world is dependent on the outcome of that one simple quiet scene.

The battle of the wits between human and alien.

Totally agree.

The ending was so creepy how you couldnt tell who was the alien. I love reading all the fan theories on who is or isnt the alien lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back