NECA: The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy Falk talks about the Thing license here, (video starts at the beginning of the Thing info) confirms that they're working on Thing creature forms and that another McReady will likely come out before the creatures.

Last edited:
Can someone that has the figure in hand confirm the exact size in inches or cm? I know it is a 7" inches figure but I need the exact size because I am working on a human turning into the thing and I wan it to be in scale. I wont get the outpost or survival versions until Xmas here in Spain so I want to work before I get it.

If there is a review video with someone measuring it let me know, I saw some of those kind in the past.

Can someone that has the figure in hand confirm the exact size in inches or cm? I know it is a 7" inches figure but I need the exact size because I am working on a human turning into the thing and I wan it to be in scale. I wont get the outpost or survival versions until Xmas here in Spain so I want to work before I get it.

If there is a review video with someone measuring it let me know, I saw some of those kind in the past.

I have the hooded head on and it's 7 1/16 inches to the top of his head with no hat.

Got the notice from Big Bad Toy Store that the Ultimate figure is ready to ship for me.

Pretty bummed we're having to wait on another figure to have all the accessories in hand, but I'm a sucker and we don't get much in the way of THING merchandise so I can't really complain.

Excited about what Neca is bringing, and what Mondo will be releasing with the 1/6th release they have planned!

Got the notice from Big Bad Toy Store that the Ultimate figure is ready to ship for me.

Pretty bummed we're having to wait on another figure to have all the accessories in hand, but I'm a sucker and we don't get much in the way of THING merchandise so I can't really complain.

Excited about what Neca is bringing, and what Mondo will be releasing with the 1/6th release they have planned!
Considering that the version with the flamethrower is another 30-day exclusive (this time at Walmart), it is safe to assume that we will see this figure openly available only somewhere at the end of November...

This was the version I prefer but I'll probably still get the first figure to have different sculpt options.

Neither version looks anything like Kurt Russel lol

Usually I think people are overly critical on actor likenesses in figures but in this case I agree, it doesn't look a thing like him. Normally NECA is pretty good but they missed the mark by a wide margin here. It's almost like they didn't have his likeness right and went with generic bearded man instead.

For everyone that thinks this doesn't look anything like Kurt Russel as he appeared in this film, please take the time to look at the raw sculpt pics. The likeness is there. This is a $35 figure. It isn't some Hot Toys overpriced computer scanned likeness, or $700 Beto custom or Rainman Artworks item. If you don't want the Neca version, there's always the Sota.

Attachments

• review_thingset_7.jpg
    review_thingset_7.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 71
  • review_thingset_4.jpg
    review_thingset_4.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 72
I do agree that it's all about the paint but their ultimates, especially their newer ones, have been good with the paint apps. I've seen the first version in hand and I wish I could get past my dislike because the rest of the figure is so awesome. And you know they're going to eventually put out a version or two of the thing...

Between this and the 1/6 Mondo figure coming out, I'd say we've been pretty lucky as fans considering the last "figure" we got was literally 21 years ago this month. Doesn't have the best headsculpt and I'm bummed Neca is making me buy two figures, but I got new Thing merch. Either way I'm stoked.

Back