NECA: The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both Neca figures coming from BBTS and I'm now seeing these figures everywhere in the wild. Had me hitting every Target in this state and the next months ago, and now they're just laying around ha ha.

There's tons of jobs here right now, just move to the midwest USA, and voila...all the NECA products you can shake a stick at. Just kidding. I guess it is a drag being a collector, and not being able to get the products.
And leave Vancouver the most expensive place to life in North America?? Love it here but cost of living/taxes are ridiculous!! I guess that’s the price we pay for freedom.

I just picked this figure up. It's awesome. I still need to get the original Target exclusive one though, is it more widely available in the US now? Thanks.

Got both figures last night, I'll post pictures later.

Wanted to say WOW. Been waiting on these a bit now, and all I can say is they're worth the wait. Was genuinely surprised as to how well done the figures are. From the packaging to the articulation and accessories. Paint app on both is solid, and I'm really enjoying the headsculpts. So stoked to get more figures from this line when they put em out!

Got Station Survival Mac yesterday. Just be wary of breaking the accessories - I thought the flamethrower looked a bit warped and therefore assumed it was soft bendable plastic as NECA accessories often are - nope, hard plastic, snapped as soon as I tried to manipulate it.

Anyway, cool figure.

Has anyone found Station Survival Mac at Target yet? All the Walmarts in my area are sold out.

I'm 100% convinced that someone took all 5 that were at supposed to be at the closest store, they never made it to the shelf.
I checked 3 times in the same week, they were in the system as being in stock at the store, but nowhere to be found when I asked. Then miraculously overnight they are gone. Nothing else was stocked either, it's been the same 2 king kong's and Doc Browns every time I go there.

Saw this at my local Walmart and the likeness is just not there. If you close one eye and squint hard you can kinda see Kurt Russell. Its a long overdue figure, just wish they had nailed the likeness better. I wonder if the paint is the issue? Did they release pics of the sculpt before being painted?

Saw this at my local Walmart and the likeness is just not there. If you close one eye and squint hard you can kinda see Kurt Russell. Its a long overdue figure, just wish they had nailed the likeness better. I wonder if the paint is the issue? Did they release pics of the sculpt before being painted?
yeah, page 3 of this thread in fact.

NEVER saw these at brick and mortar up here...got both of them from BBTS. GREAT figures!

Would love to see a sixth-scale company take these on!

Had a surprise Christmas package arrive today, my hunt for Station Survival MacReady is finally over.

I have to do a few paint touchups, but overall I'm impressed. The accessories are amazing.

Attachments

• Macb.jpg
    Macb.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Got my MacReady v2. Be careful with that flamethrower handle - snapped mine in two trying to fit it in the hand. I superglued it back, but its just not the same. Contacted BBTS - shall see what they can do.

While the likeness isn't the best with the paint apps, its a very nice set. Really hope NECA goes deep with the line. I'd love a Childs figure but of course, all the monster variants are a must!

As of late, a lot of figures have come with plastic flames - and i've wondered: has anyone completely nailed the painted look with them? no company (that i've seen) has come up with a way to give us the 'wow' factor with plastic flames!

Back