NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Fugitive is a great figure I had to heat up all the joints to get them to move. The face sculpt reminds me of P1&P2 with the Bad Blood mixed in. I need to get some outside shots later today.

View attachment 422629

I’m fine with paying $25 for this but ordering direct from Neca adds $10 so I’m gonna just enjoy pics until I find him on sale in stores or on Amazon Prime:lol

There's a few in hand pics floating around the internet now. He looks okay, the paint is lacking, as I expected, but the seam between the open mandible and the rest of the head is atrocious. From what I've seen it's just as noticeable as the Wolf V1 we got years ago. And the mold line on the brows is unsightly. Although, for $27.99 plus tax I'll still get it. It's the best we will get in this scale, but it's not the best they could have done. That is the frustrating part.

I dunno, is it just being old(er) - I find it hard to give 2 ****s how the ''Fugitive'' Predator comes out? Just zero interest here. Find a new excuse to rerelease a Jungle or City Hunter and I'm always at least 'interested' - there might be something there that I didn't get before - otherwise it's just a bunch o crap that I'll inevitably pass on.

I've been trying to figure out why I want this figure. He isn't breath taking in design and I don't even know what he is like on the screen. I fear it's just the collector in me talking. Almost a "legacy buy," where I feel obligated to buy because I have so much Predator merchandise already and I've been buying figures for the past 15 years or so.

I dunno, is it just being old(er) - I find it hard to give 2 ****s how the ''Fugitive'' Predator comes out? Just zero interest here. Find a new excuse to rerelease a Jungle or City Hunter and I'm always at least 'interested' - there might be something there that I didn't get before - otherwise it's just a bunch o crap that I'll inevitably pass on.

My thoughts exactly. All the classic stuff they were cranking out was amazing, really fun times. Once that stopped I wasn't really on board with the Kenner repaints because they had no nostalgia for me.

Two "Fugitive Predator"?? Look at the length of the "dreadlock":

View attachment 422600
View attachment 422601

Yeah - I was thnking the poster reveal "spoiler" from a couple of week back may have been an intentional misslead.

I wondered if we have family/clan members - maybe brothers or mates - one gets killed early on by the big bad, and the other goes the revenge route.

Those different length dreds must have been intentional.

Not too long to wait now until we find out :yess:

On heels? That's normal.

Humans walk on the back of their legs, making them slower and less nimble.
while true, there's this:

bears walk on full feet just like humans, and they are the strongest creatures in forest except for the biggest tigers - and can chase down a horse.

primates walk on full feet, and they are the smartest creatures except maybe for elephants (who also walk on full feet and also are the strongest in their habitation place) or dolphins (who don't have feet at all). and, as they mostly move on trees, they don't need running legs at all.

by the way, predators - original predators, not since 2005 - love moving by vertical surfaces as well as primates, so why would they even have a dog foot? same as why rodrigators had chicken feet for no reason.

and the last thing - those dog feets work good for running only when you have two more paws. if you put anybody with those feet vertically, they'll lose their balance. aliens by ADI also gained those feet, but they moved mostly on four legs and had very heavy tails for the balance, much longer and thicker than older aliens with humanoid feet, to compensate for walking on two legs but with their body forward and tails as a counterweight backward, like alien queen did.

this pinhead lost ability to climb AND fight, because he won't be able to compensate against a hit, being a vertical body on legs not meant for standing without additional support.

...of course it's just my speculation, i'm not biology scientist or anything, nothing more than google can give. feel free to share if you have special knowledge about the subject.

while true, there's this:

bears walk on full feet just like humans, and they are the strongest creatures in forest except for the biggest tigers - and can chase down a horse.

primates walk on full feet, and they are the smartest creatures except maybe for elephants (who also walk on full feet and also are the strongest in their habitation place) or dolphins (who don't have feet at all). and, as they mostly move on trees, they don't need running legs at all.

The fastest and most nimble animals typically don't run on their "full feet". Human feet are designed for walking, we are very bad at running.
Animals, including humans, who practice standing on their tiptoes are more stable than those who stand flat footed. Human legs become locked when standing flat footed, making pushing them over much easier.

Primates such as monkeys and apes walk on their metatarsals, but they run on their tip-toes, just like the new Predator. When primates want to be as fast as possible, they don't use "flat feet".

Bears are some of the slowest, most clumsy predators, their speed tops out at 20 to 30 mph depending on the type. Meanwhile, horses can sprint to speeds of 55 mph. When it comes to bear vs horse, the horse is far faster and more nimble, which was my point. Bears will walk around upright, but that makes them slower and less nimble.

Elephants do not walk on their metatarsals or "full feet" as you called them. They walk on their tiptoes.

Dolphins have feet and metatarsals, but you are correct that they have no running legs. In fact, they have no legs at all. Which would make it very difficult for dolphins to "mostly move on trees" as you described. I might be wrong, but I always thought dolphins preferred a damp location, something with a bit more moisture than a forest. When it comes to Dolphin vs any land animal who doesn't walk on their full feet, the dolphin will just flop around until it dies from exposure.

thanks for the answer.
so, except for one inaccuracy with an elephant and one with a horse runned down by a bear, because i didn't mention it should be said "in trees", where horse cannot run good - what did you say that i didn't?
and an elephant still counts in my advantage, because he has a heel bone and technically has a full foot support, unlike dogs, cats, deer, pinhead.

every animal that runs well and on toes does it on four legs. every animal that uses two legs and walks vertically goes on full feet, because otherwise he will have no balance.

creatures that climb don't walk on dog legs, because dog legs are for running.

predators walk vertically and like(d) to climb.

humans walk vertically and like(d) to climb.

that pinhead marvel predaturd at least in Neca's enterpretation has a vertical body with no tale for counterbalance, and he is not in running pose, he is in standing pose on a dogs legs - no heel bone behind the foot.

attachment.php

he won't be able to stand for long in this pose, or walk, or push/fight, just run, and probably for a very short time, like a dog on two legs.
you continue mentioning "fastest and nimble", i continue insisting that's possible only on four legs.
if in the end he walks on full feet with heel bones, both my argument against dog legs on a predator and yours against flat feet become invalid, of course :)

Can't remember if I wanted any more of those. I know I'd definitely want more battle-damaged City Hunters but I haven't heard anything about them doing an 'Ultimate' version of that.

Ostriches run (and walk) on their toes.
1) not vertically. they are balanced almost horisontally, like all birds, at least all walking/jumping birds i know. i believe i mentioned that particular detail about balance. or it's better to say - about the center of mass.

2) and, like on almost all birds, also bipedal dinosaurs with chicken legs, also ADI aliens except for A3, their feet give a triangle support thanks to
a) side fingers put behind the main finger, which helps balance even more,
b) very long, thick, strong fingers forming a surface proportionally equal to what flat-walkers have.

pinhead predaturd on that sculpt doesn't show any of those factors yet. it shows an almost human foot with tiny fingers in a heel-shoe pose, but without a heel.

3) they don't climb. :dunno

i really hope it's just an unfortunate demonstration of a new articulation point, and a normal, big heel bone is still there, just not visible.
wait. i don't hope or care for that creature :dunno

This is the first Fugitive vid I've encountered on Youtube and I must admit, I didn't feel so horrified as I was when I first saw the promo. It is different from what we all were used to, but there are a few nice details. Surprisingly the back side looks better than the front. I hate the box art - they put no love in making it. The shoulder cannon is pathetic and the helmet a bit too wide, with a huge gap in the back. But again, we don't know how it really looks in the movie yet. Either way, it just doesn't look right.
All in all I think I will get one, for the same reason I bought the Alien Covenant Xeno.
Oh, I forgot about the perpetual shorter leg. For **** sake!

After watching the review , it’s pretty cool. Not a huge fan of the designs in this coming movie but not too bad either. I really hope this movie does well!! More predator stuff can’t be a bad thing for me .

Back