NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say I'm in the same boat as many on here, I love what Neca has done, I really appreciate everything but I'm always hoping for more. I feel like Randy has come around a lot on the Aliens line especially in that things he shot down on a constant basis before he is now doing like the sentry guns and seeming more open to figures he would not consider before. I hope he comes around on a John C and Harrigan eventually too but even if not I'll be happy with what we've got and make customs when I can.

Now that Gaspar pointed it out in the Terminator thread, I actually don't get why I would ever be "thankful" for the products NECA (or any toy company for that matter) produces. I mean we ain't getting this **** for free. It's a business first and foremost, something these companies (and their fans) won't let you forget. Anyone that complains is always schooled with profit margins and business terms, so no point in being chummy or buddy buddy with the project managers or lead developers. Make what we want, you'll get our $$$. Don't, and people are gonna *****. It's that simple. Getting the rights to something and producing it I sn't doing anyone a solid, it's just feeding into our compulsion to buy more stuff. You have a product that you're trying to sell someone.

I love and appreciate the work that goes into these things and admire the talent of the sculptors involved (where you at Tankman), the negotiations Randy has pulled off and enjoy the things I own, but that's where the praise ends. If we want to get technical, Randy should be thanking us for making NECA what it is and sticking with them, even when our figures break and fall apart . . . We wouldn't be complaining or criticizing them if we weren't interested in them as a company. That's why I'm surprised so many people are quick to label others as complaining trolls. I'm sure I'm viewed as some kind of notorious complainer or cynic on these boards, but I think I've been fair and given credit where credit is due. I've supported them ten fold. Many people on here and online aren't even being that demanding or "rude" in my opinion. A lot of these things people are interested in are no brainers but it feels like there is this stubbornness to do them which frustrates everybody.

Last edited:
I hope youre not referring to me as labeling people as trolls. I dont agree with your perspective as it makes it sound like we're entitled to get what we want no matter what explanation we're given. But it is your opinion and I respect that.

For me, toys are a total escape from reality and the crap that is worth getting worked up about, so maybe thats why I just dont care if they dont make whatever character. We enjoy this stuff in different ways I guess. Cheers man, no offense meant in anything I've said :duff

I hope youre not referring to me as labeling people as trolls.

Nah, not you. I didn't even read your posts, no worries. I thought we were discussing what was going on on twitter with some of the communities, not anything or anyone in particular from here.

AVP Elder arrived today. I like the cape and think it works. Not my favorite and I like the Kenner Clan Leader more. One other note... the gripping had was not hard plastic. It was a bit more rubbery and it was much easier to get him to hold the spear.

vsQe3QZ.jpg

SBS0cEJ.jpg

FVHAvO0.jpg

r37lhmZ.jpg

Aq2u3OF.jpg

z0ZBVrD.jpg

xb5akca.jpg

And comparison shots with the Kenner Clan Leader...

z36sFjD.jpg

XRFsyGT.jpg

FoGwSLT.jpg

zEJGcYE.jpg

ybUNLuR.jpg

GWGcsTY.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Can the cape be removed if you pop the head off?

Also can anyone tell me if you can easily swap feet on avp preds.

Lastly can you swap helmets between Stalker and Ghost?

nice pics, thanks for sharing! Digging the Elder, but yeah I agree - he doesnt top the Clan Leader..

Very cool that they improved the gripping hand. Hopefully all the new releases will have that.

And the P2 Trophy Wall, ED-209, multiple Dutch variants, multiple T-800 and T-1000 variants, T1 figures after so many years of nothing from that film - I don't disagree with that at all despite what we're saying in the Terminator thread. The collection they have provided brings me great joy.

However, an attitude of ''I love everything and I'm certainly not going to petition for anything else because I'm happy with what I have and everyone else should be too'' is pretty useless*. Rather, telling NECA you're willing to buy more and giving them a clue as to what you actually would buy surely plays a big role in how this train keeps moving. That's all DiFabio was doing with his posts on twitter tonight and Randy and his harem of cucks don't seem to grasp that. Instead they just ganged up on him and banned him because he gave insufficient verbal fellatio with the tiny character limit twitter allows.

*unless you genuinely are completely satisfied with what you have, you won't be buying anymore, in which case you don't need to be part of the conversation (and when I say 'you' here I don't mean you Reefer Shark, I'm talking generally. In fact this whole post is more in response to tonight's twitter stuff)

Don't do "twitter" - so don't know what happened - but this sounds very reasonable and fair (no surprise there since it's you a-dev).

BANNED him? (DiFabio) ?!?!

AVP Elder arrived today. I like the cape and think it works. Not my favorite and I like the Kenner Clan Leader more. One other note... the gripping had was not hard plastic. It was a bit more rubbery and it was much easier to get him to hold the spear.

. . . And comparison shots with the Kenner Clan Leader . . .

Thanks for the info & pics. Glad I finally managed to preorder a couple of those elders (and a Clan Leader too).

Rather, telling NECA you're willing to buy more and giving them a clue as to what you actually would buy surely plays a big role in how this train keeps moving. That's all DiFabio was doing with his posts on twitter tonight and Randy and his harem of cucks don't seem to grasp that. Instead they just ganged up on him and banned him because he gave insufficient verbal fellatio with the tiny character limit twitter allows.
NECA blocked me about 2 years ago on Twitter just for voicing my requests of what I'd like to see and the same thing happened. The Randy fanboy defenders who were not part of the conversation (they must sit and read every @ mention NECA gets) kept piling on me to say "Who cares about that character? We just want badass Preds~!"

Don't do "twitter" - so don't know what happened - but this sounds very reasonable and fair (no surprise there since it's you a-dev).

BANNED him? (DiFabio) ?!?!

Thanks for that :duff

NECA blocked me about 2 years ago on Twitter just for voicing my requests of what I'd like to see and the same thing happened. The Randy fanboy defenders who were not part of the conversation (they must sit and read every @ mention NECA gets) kept piling on me to say "Who cares about that character? We just want badass Preds~!"

No point in me joining twitter. The character limit per post would sabotage me quite a bit. By the time you lay the groundwork with the quota of praise that seems to be required to not get blocked there's no space left for what you wanted to say in the first place :lol

By the time you lay the groundwork with the quota of praise that seems to be required to not get blocked there's no space left for what you wanted to say in the first place :lol

That wouldn't even save you. I made sure I put "I LOVE NECA, but" and it still didn't help. Only praise a-dev, only praise.

Thanks for the pics! Can the cape be removed if you pop the head off?

Also can anyone tell me if you can easily swap feet on avp preds.

Yes, you can remove the cape assuming you can pop off the head.

Haven't tried swapping feet on the AVP preds.

Why'd you delete your tweets? I wanted to read what you posted

Because I only used that account to ask NECA questions, speak to Customer Service, etc. Once I got blocked I just deleted all my stuff since I'm not able to view anything anyway. It puts a big "CANNOT VIEW" on your page.

Last thing I saw was Randy telling me I needed to drink decaf or some BS. :lol

What did you post dude?

Randy looks like a metal fan - we're not usually thin-skinned / sensitive types !

It's in the Terminator thread below this one.

Back