NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He actually looks cooler as a figure than I thought he would.

I love this shot.

credit-https://news.toyark.com/2018/05/30/...edator-30th-anniversary-hawkins-figure-301127
SDCC-2018-Predator-Hawkins-006.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised by this announcement, I didn't think it would ever happen that we get more of the team. That said, while it sucks that he has to be comic con exclusive, I hope I can still snag one. I like how clever the build is. Not as much new tooling as you would think. I'm 99% sure he's using FB part 2 Rambo legs with the arms and torso from ED 2 Ash, with a new head, new shirt, new hands, new weapons and backpack.

Since they've gone ahead with him I hope they find it worthwhile to do a variant

vlcsnap-2018-05-30-22h37m40s912.jpg

Needless to say this only increases the desire for the rest of the team though it seems a miracle would be needed. I wonder could they at least get Richard Chaves on board and make Poncho or Bill Duke for Mac - you don't hear about them approaching those guys for likeness rights - questions on twitter are always about Carl Weathers or Jesse Ventura. Dunno what the story would be for Billy, he didn't seem to allow Hot Toys to use his likeness while he was alive.

Dunno what the story would be for Billy, he didn't seem to allow Hot Toys to use his likeness while he was alive.

Sonny Landham probably would have welcomed license fees, and it kind of seems like Hot Toys was going for his likeness and changed things up last minute with the blonde hair on their Billy figure. About a year or so before the Dutch and Billy figures were released by Hot Toys, Landham tried to run for US Senate in Kentucky and said some things that could be construed as racist or at least very anti-Muslim. His campaign was a short disaster and wasn't helped by him closely affiliating himself with well known white supremacist groups, despite the fact that he was of Native American and Jewish descent. Seems like maybe Hot Toys was already far enough along with their Billy figure that they didn't want to pull back or pay Landham. As for NECA, they wouldn't touch Landham when he was alive. They still might not.

I wonder if they made this because Shane is making Predator..think they should make Poncho, he had a bigger role :lecture

Billy was probably the second or third coolest character. Hawkins is probably the last character I'd want by itself, but he's a must if NECA makes the whole team. It's like just making a Winston figure from the GB. Hopefully they eventually release the whole team in series of two packs, a la Aliens. Mac and Ventura, billy and hawk, then Dillon and poncho. They might sell.

Billy was probably the second or third coolest character. Hawkins is probably the last character I'd want by itself, but he's a must if NECA makes the whole team. It's like just making a Winston figure from the GB. Hopefully they eventually release the whole team in series of two packs, a la Aliens. Mac and Ventura, billy and hawk, then Dillon and poncho. They might sell.

Poncho had the awesome launcher though :lol

Hell yeah. Two-packs are the way to go. I’m not even sure I’d open them. I just want them. :lol

I knew they would make a Hawkins. I'll try to get one in hopes of them making the rest of the team.

Im half tempted to make a Billy out of one of the Contra figures.

I wonder could they at least get Richard Chaves on board

Last I heard, Chaves was super-friendly and always happy to be a part of the fandom. I don't think they'd have to do too much wrestling at all to get his okay. Poncho was my favourite of the team, so I hope he gets made. I haven't even bought a Dutch, but I would definitely get Poncho.

i wanted to say that they were all poorly written boring cliche characters... but then i remembered Predaturds 2010.
that really helped me to understand people above.

They have their subtleties. The weakest character is Hawkins, but he’s the first victim... so.

At the end of the day, they’re supposed to be representative of the best of the best falling prey to something far deadlier. Obviously. That being said, they have a bit more character than the first AvP film cast and a hell of a lot more charisma than anything from Requiem.

The thing with Predators is... their characterizations felt forced. Well, some of them did anyway. No comment on Predator 2, as it lays smack in the middle for me.

I watched Predators again for the second time a week or so ago. Brody is doing a Batman voice and the only character I thought was remotely interesting was Nicholai. The rest were forgettable garbage.

It also bugs me that none of the Predators were close to KPH's height.

I’ve seen it three or four times. It’s fun to watch, every once in a while. Definitely has more flaws than I’d like. Not a fan of the Super Predator design or roughly half the cast of characters.

My favorite parts of the film are the encounters with the hostage predator and every interaction between Royce and Isabelle. Noland’s little adventure was interesting, but short lived and disappointing. He ended up as a simple, very dead, scavenger. It felt like they could have explored that a bit more.

Back