NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just throwing it out there, but do any of you think the anniversary wave would of been easier to swallow for life time buyers if NECA would of included at least one new lead marine from the original movie in place of one of the three Dutch figures ? Or this could be something they are saving to reveal at SDCC ?

Just throwing it out there, but do any of you think the anniversary wave would of been easier to swallow for life time buyers if NECA would of included at least one new lead marine from the original movie in place of one of the three Dutch figures ? Or this could be something they are saving to reveal at SDCC ?
..."easier to swallow"? These were rereleases people were claiming for, specially all the Dutch's. I've been reading the treads on Twitter and people were begin for those. And no, there aren't going to be any surprise "marines"

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

There was never going to be any new P1 soldiers in this wave. I really can't blame Randy here, he's been pretty unambiguous about this. The one piece of hope there was was with Carl Weathers - I actually saw a tweet from Randy to him publicly asking him - and Randy has said that it came to nothing.

I'm surprised that people are surprised what was in this anniversary wave. I really think it was signposted all along. He told us Dutch was getting rereleased, they were all equally sold out so it made sense to rerelease all four of those figures. Then, knowing that no more humans were possible we were looking at Predator variants for the rest.

Last edited:
Dillon with severed arm would be so cool.

You know what always takes me out of the movie, I always imagine that Mac gets his head blown off because of the tri laser dots on his forehead just before the Predator fires but then they cut to Dillon looking at dead Mac with his head intact as if he now got shot in the chest!? :gah:

Yep that bugs me too. It's clearly his head exploding in that shot from underneath with the gore hitting the camera.

Wonder why.

Couldn't have been the ratings.

Actor contract?

Left hand not talking to the right?

I just wish they didn't show him at all if they weren't going to show Mac with no head.

Mistep in an otherwise perfect movie.

A NECA Mac with no head wouldn't require license rights. :lol

Don't they show the predator with macs skull later...it has a big hole in it. I'm pretty sure anyway, it's been a bit since I watched the movie

Don't they show the predator with macs skull later...it has a big hole in it. I'm pretty sure anyway, it's been a bit since I watched the movie

I was never sure if it was Mac's skull or Poncho's. If I remember right there was a blast hole in the skull by the temple which made me think it was poncho's skull. I could be wrong though of course..

Poncho was killed to the side of his head, not even knowing what hit him.

cannon_strange_effect_01.jpg~original

dontkillinvisibleinjured_01.jpg~original

dontkillinvisibleinjured_02.jpg~original

dontkillinvisibleinjured_03.jpg~original

Mac fits that scull better. as he has blood going down from his forehead, and that particular part is not seen no matter how you raise the brightness in that image.

shot2_1-1.jpg~original

shot2_2-1.jpg~original

shot2_3-1.jpg~original

skulls_pred1.jpg~original

skull_pred1_01.jpg~original

the blood splash in the moment of cannon shot can be explained as blood & brains going out of his backhead, if one needs an explanation. works for me.

plus that skull doesn't fit Poncho's long face but fits Mac.

That would require all new tooling a-dev. This is NECA we're talking about here, you should know better.

Got my Ultimate City Hunter from BBTS today. Great figure with no issues other than mine did not come with the shoulder canon. Can anybody tell me if out of the box, it came attached to the figure or separately in the accessories? Not sure it is worth the hassle to get resolved as its such a small piece you can barely see it, and I never use the blast explosion pieces anyway. Every time I look at the figure I will know its incomplete though.

Wonder if that's problems getting the licence / likeness permission or they just don't think it would sell :dunno

The latter. If it were a problem with Danny Glover and his likeness, Randy would have been all like "no likeness rights" or "too expensive" like he has done for the P1 special ops team, Peter Weller and Jack Nicholson.

The latter. If it were a problem with Danny Glover and his likeness, Randy would have been all like "no likeness rights" or "too expensive" like he has done for the P1 special ops team, Peter Weller and Jack Nicholson.

Maybe it wouldn't sell WELL enough to justify whatever Danny's agents may have specified (so a combination of both reasons).

I guess Harrigan may not appeal to the general masses in TRU as much as a colourful Kenner Pred or Arnie, but there's enough online PREDATOR fans out there that would snap this up. Look at the interest in the ALIENS marines for instance.

Perhaps someone on farcebook could ask the real reason behind this.

Got my Ultimate City Hunter from BBTS today. Great figure with no issues other than mine did not come with the shoulder canon. Can anybody tell me if out of the box, it came attached to the figure or separately in the accessories? Not sure it is worth the hassle to get resolved as its such a small piece you can barely see it, and I never use the blast explosion pieces anyway. Every time I look at the figure I will know its incomplete though.

You should contact them to get a replacement.

. . . and please let us know how that goes - my last experience with their Customer Service did not go as hoped.

Back