NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neca needs to get into the high end collectibles game, esp. on the paint jobs.they can still have cheaper figures for kids, teenagers etc.but top notch1i/6 scale figures , statues, and so on, for the high end collector's.

They do make "high end" collectibles. But they suck so ____ing bad, it's cheaper and a better deal to get the lower end stuff.

Yeah there market isnt the HT market, thus the reason why they make the figures for the prices they do. I mean those small figures are for "collectors" of that size, but you wouldnt beleive how many times Ive heard people say I wish they made better stuff and I mention well you have to pay for better stuff and I show them some HT preds or something and they crap there pants at how awesome they are and then crap there pants again at the prices and then go right back to buying small figures. Theres a market for that, the collectors who collect but dont want to drop $100's of dollars on "toys"...just my opinion.

i'm talking about them catering to both worlds of collector's.
if sideshow can do it, and make money, so can neca.

No, no they cant. Sideshow doesnt put their products into stores like NECA does. Sideshow is mostly a online distributor (Yes I know, their stuff does go into stores, but not stores like Toys R Us, or Mall stores), NECA is not. There for, they cannot afford to make things of Hot Toys' caliber. They cater to a specific market.

What you want is for Tankman to jump ship and work for Hot Toys. Then you'd get to see his sculpts in high-end calibre.

i wish ht would hire him to do their predator sculpts, then ht predators would rock.alot more than they do .

I'd love them to hire him for their Arnie sculpts. Perhaps better yet have him and Yulli collaborate and get the best of both worlds for Arnie figures.

I'd love them to hire him for their Arnie sculpts. Perhaps better yet have him and Yulli collaborate and get the best of both worlds for Arnie figures.

and hire narin too,he does some mean predator resin modelkits,
these 3 could rock thecollectors world as a team.

I'd say HT just needs to get rid of that darn artistic license. Sadly, I don't think that's up to them :(. Their Dog Alien would be perfect, had they not messed around with the mouth...

I'd say HT just needs to get rid of that darn artistic license. Sadly, I don't think that's up to them :(. Their Dog Alien would be perfect, had they not messed around with the mouth...

Well there are other innaccuracies with that one apparently but the mouth is certainly the most noticeably wrong to even the most casual fan. 'Piranha mouth' I call it.

Wonder if anyone's done (or is thinking of doing) a mouth mod involving... iono... pulling the rubber tendrils forward more, or something. Eh, seems to tough of a customization, no matter how much it's needed.

Back