NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if anyone's done (or is thinking of doing) a mouth mod involving... iono... pulling the rubber tendrils forward more, or something. Eh, seems to tough of a customization, no matter how much it's needed.

Yep...

Reverend, over at The Hive, customized his Hot Toys Alien3 figure.

alien3custom.jpg

alien3custom1.jpg

Is that dog alien frozen in that pose forever? Wonder how did he get it to stand up like that and also how did he achieve the "wet" look.

Ok, yeah it's not much, but Randy from NECA has posted a pic of a bunch of Predator figure backpacks at the factory.
this gives me hope that it's removable, and therefore, we'll FINALLY get a movie-accurate unmasked pred.
he took the damn thing off before he removed his bio. every P1 figure i've had was wrong. even the HT one.

oh, and speaking of HT - the A3 dog has way more accuracy issues than just the mouth.
maybe NECA can make a better one some day, but i'm not holding my breath.

this gives me hope that it's removable, and therefore, we'll FINALLY get a movie-accurate unmasked pred.
he took the damn thing off before he removed his bio. every P1 figure i've had was wrong. even the HT one.

oh, and speaking of HT - the A3 dog has way more accuracy issues than just the mouth.
maybe NECA can make a better one some day, but i'm not holding my breath.

NECA seems to be doing pretty well as far as the shape and overall look of their figures go. Their Warrior Alien is arguably the best-looking/most-accurate one I've seen in that scale (and even beats the HT version), and their P1 that they showed has a more-accurate head shape than the one on HT's version.
If they made a Dog Alien, I'd be on the roof.

NECA seems to be doing pretty well as far as the shape and overall look of their figures go. Their Warrior Alien is arguably the best-looking/most-accurate one I've seen in that scale (and even beats the HT version), and their P1 that they showed has a more-accurate head shape than the one on HT's version.
If they made a Dog Alien, I'd be on the roof.
oh, the NECA P1 beats the HT P1 on accuracy - like, blows it away. the prototype does anyway.
and i like the 7" figures and all, but i just don't have room for them in my collection.
they're cool, until i put them on the shelf with my 1:6 stuff. just doesn't fit in.
of course - i'm saying this now, before i've seen the figures on the shelf... tempting me...

but personally, i'd get rid of my HT P1 and replace it with a 1:6 scale NECA version. and it's too bad i'll never have to.
oh well, more $$ for HT.

Comparing neca to hot toys...really? Neca is fun and all but hot toys is in a different league.

He is talking about movie accuracy. Which version looks more like the real thing at this case. And yes Neca beat the hell out from Hot Toys at this point. I am sure the paintjob and the accesories looks and will look nicer and more high quality on the HT P1 pred, but at movie accuracy Neca win by a long shoot. Head shape, body proportion. The prototype looks much better than HT's P1 IMO. To me these things are more important as a collector. I am going for movie accuracy and I am not buying a figure because it is HT. This is one of the reasons why I traded my P2 HT predator for a Sideshow P1 dio.

Comparing neca to hot toys...really? Neca is fun and all but hot toys is in a different league.
yep. like the other guys said - NECA has far better sculpts. it's not even a contest.

HT takes too many "artistic" liberties with their work... and i'm not an art collector.
their aliens are about as inaccurate and flimsy as the McFarlane figures were.

I hope that the final Figures looks good(Paintjob and Details).
And I hope that tankman make other cool Predator Figures(Predators Dog, Predator 2 City Hunter, Lost Predators,Thophy Wall).

yep. like the other guys said - NECA has far better sculpts. it's not even a contest.

HT takes too many "artistic" liberties with their work... and i'm not an art collector.
their aliens are about as inaccurate and flimsy as the McFarlane figures were.

HT AVP Aliens still kicked ass. Can't say the same for most of the others... but if NECA can get the licenses to do these puppies properly, then I honestly don't get why HT would purposely mess with the designs -- even a little bit. These things cost a TON of dough. You'd think that at that price point, we'd be getting something that wouldn't be bested in accuracy by a $15 low-end NECA toy.

Ok...now that we've seen all the new Preds and the BSP face...it's time for NECA to SHOW US THEIR FIGURES!!!!!!!

Back