NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRILLIANT WORK!

The pose reminds me alot of the Geometric Predator kit...

100_0417-1.jpg

Those Geometric kits are SICK! I saw that one seller on the BST section selling a bunch of great kits and busts (some from you, Sabres). If I wasn't a figure guy, I'd be all over those.

Speaking of NECA, I went to TFAW today. They had quite a few Berserkers, a couple Falconers, but no Classic. I asked the guy and he said he can order a Classic from another store and call me when it's ready. Coolness.
A little off-topic, I also picked up three of the 1988 Vol. 1 Aliens comics, and the 2nd issue in Vol. 2 to add to my collection. I've got two more issues from each volume left to buy before owning all of 'em. Great books.

For anyone who'd like a few more pictures of Classic, I found an eBay auction with some pretty decent pics.

391386236_o.jpg

391386347_o.jpg

391386386_o.jpg

Here are some Falconer pics from another one of his listings.

391385632_o.jpg

391385751_o.jpg

391386092_o.jpg

Hopefully these won't become broken after a day or two :monkey3.

Last edited:
I darkened down the eye section on my Classic. It looks alot better me thinks!

280820102589.jpg

280820102588.jpg

Cheers

Bri:hi5:

Yeah good luck Flosi, it seems to be hit or miss with this guys. I got lucky last week and picked up classic and falconer and decided to go ahead and go back for berserker...gone. No worries though because personally I thought the Berserker was the weakest of them all. If I see him maybe i'll get him, but being that it is so hit or miss if I never find him no big deal.

Found some at another TRU yesterday... all Falconer and Berserker, no Classic, which was all I wanted.

Even non-high end toys are getting silly price wise, along with everything else. I also went down the Toy Story isle looking for stuff for my son. Rex, a simple plastic no frills, no features, to scale Rex, was 29.99. It could not have cost more than 3 dollars to produce. It was that simple and straight forward a toy. 29.99? I guess my son will have to be happy with his Woody and Buzz.

Yeah man, beleive me when I found the predators I was still on the old NECA prices of about $12 to $13...so when I seen the Predators were $15.99 at my local TRU i was shocked and almost had to 2nd guess my purchase, but its not often I buy 7" figures so I thought what the hell and went for it. Believe me Im sure people will say whats a few more bucks, but at the same time like Flosi said its like
almost $20 for a stand alone little 7" figure.

I remember like two years ago a Star Wars 3 3/4 line was just released, the one with Luke and Han as Stormtroopers and Old Ben with the little table - white Stormtrooper cards with the build a droid gimmick that can still be found on shelves - anyway, I grabbed the entire line, Braniac, Spacetrooper etc. and didn't realize that my local Target had bumped the price to 7.99 from 5.99 a figure. I bought like 7-10 figures and was shocked when they rang up for over 70 bucks! That was it for my 3 3/4" collecting. I guess I still have a hard time shelling out much of anything for smaller scale figures. :huh

Y'know what's interesting? In Todd McFarlane's interview on the AVP Special Edition (he was discussing the process of making his figures and the concept behind them), he stated that he'd like to keep prices below $10 per figure. Granted, this was back in 2004, but even then I didn't see any new figures of his at that pricepoint. It's always $15 and up.

When I found the classic there was 2 and i grabbed one and the other...well the paint app looked like poop and I wasnt about to pick him up. There was 1 falconer and I grabbed him and there were 2 berserkers. Next day there were zero even the poop one was gone.

yup. paint looked like poop alright, as per neca's usual standard. series 1 has just entered my country here in asia. i had to rummage through a dozen of the classics before finding one that i thought was decent enough. even then it's far from perfect. falconer is easier to pick. berserker i cant even look at it it's such a mess.

the paint on the classic make it look like it's a cheap ass $2 throw away toy. how about painting the plastic next time instead molding it in skin color just to save few drops of paint? it looks so plasticky now, just like all the figs neca didnt bother to paint. a shame when you have such a great sculpt.

Back