NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see Bruce running anywhere from $50-$150 if it?s full body. Thing is, other than the mouth, there?s nothing to articulate so imagine a blown up, more realistic version of the ReAction figure Bruce. That basic of a piece, shouldn?t be as pricey as Queen who is articulated in many ways.

What I?m trying to imagine is how they?ll pack it, because they design packaging to keep size down to get more per case and save on shipping. A full, scale Bruce is a big box by NECA standards, so then what, split him in half but then you have an ugly seam.

I?m very eager to see what they do with Bruce, hoping it?s more accurate like the SCO Bruces and ReAction Bruce compared to Sideshow.

A 30+ inch shark, even if curved and circling a full cage is a monstrous sized diorama. Seems beyond most peoples display space for a near 50 year old movie.

It would have to be something like the old Movie Maniacs Jaws attacks Orca display where its not true scale and perhaps a partial shark.

I see Bruce running anywhere from $50-$150 if it?s full body. Thing is, other than the mouth, there?s nothing to articulate so imagine a blown up, more realistic version of the ReAction figure Bruce. That basic of a piece, shouldn?t be as pricey as Queen who is articulated in many ways.

What I?m trying to imagine is how they?ll pack it, because they design packaging to keep size down to get more per case and save on shipping. A full, scale Bruce is a big box by NECA standards, so then what, split him in half but then you have an ugly seam.

I?m very eager to see what they do with Bruce, hoping it?s more accurate like the SCO Bruces and ReAction Bruce compared to Sideshow.

The idea of them doing a rubber body that bends crossed my mind but I hope they don't do that just because of the durability of the material, I think they could go a bunch of different ways, split him in half as you said which would look ugly imo, perhaps 3 points of articulation in the body, split him at the gills and near the tail, sculpt it in a way that blends the seams in well, and then have articulation in the mouth.

Doesn't NECA also do some large foam prop replicas? They could do it with that and be pretty cheap.

I still stand by the idea of a head breaching the surface as an option for an "in scale" Bruce. At least Wor and I are in on that idea haha.

The other option is if they rotocast him like the old ToyBiz big figures.

Either way, a 30" mold is going to be 'spensive no matter how you produce it.

I still stand by the idea of a head breaching the surface as an option for an "in scale" Bruce. At least Wor and I are in on that idea haha.

The other option is if they rotocast him like the old ToyBiz big figures.

Either way, a 30" mold is going to be 'spensive no matter how you produce it.

The head and an Orca display would be nice, as much as I want a Bruce I'm not sure where I would put a 33 inch long shark, especially if it ends up being only a single piece with a moveable mouth.

I do think the breaching head alone will be huge enough. The more I think about it, the more unlikely I think it is for a 30 inch shark. I mean, what do you even do with it as a display? Is it flying next to the characters on the shelf?

How they would incorporate a shark with the Hooper cage is a head-scratcher too. Unless they destroy the scale.

Maybe scuba-Hooper will just come with 6 cheap pieces of cage walls for you to build your own cage and his spear and that's it. No shark along with it.

I do think the breaching head alone will be huge enough. The more I think about it, the more unlikely I think it is for a 30 inch shark. I mean, what do you even do with it as a display? Is it flying next to the characters on the shelf?

How they would incorporate a shark with the Hooper cage is a head-scratcher too. Unless they destroy the scale.

Maybe scuba-Hooper will just come with 6 cheap pieces of cage walls for you to build your own cage and his spear and that's it. No shark along with it.

Novelty I guess, a 33 inch shark from them would be a first and I'm sure some would really enjoy a complete Bruce but unless they figure out a way to make him articulated then I would much rather get an Orca display with his head or at least the head comming out out the water with a ship pole for Brody to grab onto. SDCC will be where we get to see what they settle for.

Possibilities are endless... but this is a near 50 year old movie. Surprised we're even getting Quint and Brody. And that display is pretty simple. Seems like NECA is going simple. So with that in mind, what's a much more realistic concept for a simple display: just the fin breaching some molded waves :lol

True. Never truer than today.

With all these movie-making cell phones in the world, where is the next Spielberg when you need him? I don't think Disney or corporate owned studios would even want a Spielberg today.

Possibilities are endless... but this is a near 50 year old movie. Surprised we're even getting Quint and Brody. And that display is pretty simple. Seems like NECA is going simple. So with that in mind, what's a much more realistic concept for a simple display: just the fin breaching some molded waves :lol

Don't give them any ideas... :rotfl I was thinking how it could also be two parts, the head and tail comming out of the water, that way they could package it snug and then all you have to do is assemble the parts, the mouth would open and close, the tail would be a solid piece, and the base would be water that would also have to be seperated in two to save some box size.

I think I’ll lock in my pre-order with BBTS for now. Just in case, but NECA does seem to restock a lot of their items as they sell out. Probably depends on sales though. I haven’t bought any of the retro cloth figures to date, but the fact that we’re getting these at all they’re too good to pass on.

God I hope the clothes on these two don't go the same route as Neca's Planet of the Apes Taylor figure. That turned out horrible. Great head sculpt but cheesey dark thread on a light outfit.

Back