NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there was one thing I wished Neca would stop using the same base body . For Brody is fine, but I think Quint needs a different type of body ..it looks kind of strange with the clothing :dunno

If there was one thing I wished Neca would stop using the same base body . For Brody is fine, but I think Quint needs a different type of body ..it looks kind of strange with the clothing :dunno
At least they fixed the bodies. Before the retro cloth figures all stood lopsided because there wasn't ankle pivot.

The retro line seems aimed at being able to recycle the body as much as possible and it’s influenced by Mego whose figures all had a similar if not identical base body with new heads and different outfits.

It comes down to perspective, being glad to get anything from a property, you can live with some of the odd features. I never thought I’d be able to get a Clark Griswald or Home Alone, but we can get those, they may not look as nice as the fully sculpted line, but it’s better than not at all.

In the realm of JAWS, these figures are ground breaking at the end of the day, forget from the neck down and appreciate that from the neck up, we have not only the actor likeness rights, but amazing sculpts done with those rights. Before this our options have been ReAction figures and Funko Pops, or trying to get a custom sculptor to take on these portraits and then you’d have to try and cobble outfits and accessories from parts never intended for jaws or pay hundreds per outfit to custom tailors.

I get that for people wanting Jaws figures with likeness, these Retro guys are far from what’s been dreamed of, but at the same time, they represent a leap forward that almost seemed unimaginable.

Is there any precedent for NECA auditioning a license in this style first and subsequently making all sculpted 1/10 figures on the basis of its success?

I haven’t seen one, usually it goes the other way, if something was successful as a traditional figure, they try it in their Retro line, or the Retro line is a means to release things they otherwise couldn’t. Michael Myers and Ghost Face had traditional figures then Retro, but then Laurie and Loomis from Halloween 2 are likely to only be Retro, same with Home Alone, etc. if anything I would say there could be a chance of Jaws in the Toony Terrors line.

Regarding the shark, I didn't notice on the listings that we're only getting part of the shark, which seems to make the most sense anyway:

Collectors can expect an in-scale companion piece of the great white shark to arrive later this year.

The wording is suspect, it could mean the whole shark as a companion piece to the set as much as mean a piece of the shark as a companion to the set. Until they unveil, there’s no telling, but as much as I love the characters, Bruce is the big appeal so anything new of Bruce and done well is exciting.

I haven’t seen one, usually it goes the other way, if something was successful as a traditional figure, they try it in their Retro line, or the Retro line is a means to release things they otherwise couldn’t. Michael Myers and Ghost Face had traditional figures then Retro, but then Laurie and Loomis from Halloween 2 are likely to only be Retro, same with Home Alone, etc. if anything I would say there could be a chance of Jaws in the Toony Terrors line.

See, if I thought supporting these figures would help us get an all-sculpted line maybe I'd buy in. But figures such as these in and of themselves I have no real interest in.

Just joined twitter today to vote in NECA's poll about what surprise announcement we were most excited about. These being in the retro-style made it very easy for me to vote Back to the Future.

I like the retro line, I do agree the clothes aren't that good taking into account the scale but it adds to the charm, in a perfect world these would've been 1/12 with better tailored clothing and an in scale Orca and Bruce diorama to go along with them or they could've done them in 7 inch all sculpted since I feel it would've pleased more folks at the end of the day.

My biggest problem with Neca apart from some QC issues is they are very inconsistent with their scales even some of their 7 inch figures I found to be closer to 8 inches but I can put all those small grievances aside because at the end of the day we're getting figures from Jaws, like proper ones and not the Funko ReAction or pop ones, I truly hope these do well so we may get variants of Brody and Hopper in their Orca outfits but above all I really want to see how they do Bruce, Sideshow and Mcfarlane both dropped the ball when they took a stab at him imo (accuracy wise), if they do something similar to those custom Bruce models that were floating around years ago then I'll happily pay whatever they ask for.

Ideally, I want a full, nice Bruce that doesn’t run $500 for the size like the custom ones, which I understand and respect their price, I just can’t swing it. If we can’t get full Bruce, then I hope for something like this.

DA4F5F7F-1212-4981-BD28-5427075307FF.jpeg

Ideally, I want a full, nice Bruce that doesn’t run $500 for the size like the custom ones, which I understand and respect their price, I just can’t swing it. If we can’t get full Bruce, then I hope for something like this.

View attachment 479854
Definitely, if we can't get the full shark then my dream would be a diorama with the Orca stern and Bruces head comming out of the water.

It would be nice if we got even like a small section of Orca to be able to pose a set like this, whether or not the costumes are correct for it.

1FF5F005-277D-415A-B714-C3C01BC1F472.jpeg

Inaccurate or not, I love the old McFarlane piece for giving us some of the Orca. I hope somehow we end up with one of the barrels as an accessory with something.

Inaccurate or not, I love the old McFarlane piece for giving us some of the Orca. I hope somehow we end up with one of the barrels as an accessory with something.

It is a pretty neat piece, I don't have it myself but saw it years ago, the Quint that could rip in half was a nice touch too.
If I had to guess, we'll likley get the barrels with Bruce.

I love mine, though he’s seen some rough seas over the years, had it since it came out, need to redo the ropes, the originals got saggy.

5E685814-D864-4FFC-B987-8F05B7ADE67A.jpeg

Where is Dreyfuss- ????????????????
Agree we need the shark- hope they can keep him around 200 otherwise a hard sell

Where is Dreyfuss- ????????????????
Agree we need the shark- hope they can keep him around 200 otherwise a hard sell

The sculptor Trevor Grove hinted on his DeviantArt account we'll see him in his scuba gear:
https://www.deviantart.com/trevorgrove/art/NECA-JAWS-831391728
"There's one obvious omission for now....Maybe he's in the anti shark cage?
Trev"

I think the price will be around the $150 mark, even if tons of fans want Bruce at the end of the day it's just a shark, I don't see a lot of people paying $200 for a shark unless he is somehow articulated and looks screen accurate.

I see Bruce being no more than $150, can’t fathom what they could do to justify more than that, even at full body and 33”, it’d be hollow like original Sideshow Jabba.

Back