NECA: An American Werewolf In London: Kesslerwolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ev_yVWpXcAI4OTb

Ev_yVWpWEAIz4_t

Wow! Looks spot on! An articulated hinge jaw too!

The second batch of pics with the close-up of the head don't look so good... must be a different sculpt.
Of course I'll still get it.

Howling had the better transformation

:chase

I remember how as a kid The Howling was one of the greatest movies ever, along with AWIL.
Sadly, only AWIL holds up...

Funny that they skipped Howling 2... I remember it was pretty bad, and even then a disappointment to my fond memories of the first. I don't think I ever finished 3.

Rik Baker R.I.P. was the reason 70 and 80s horror effects were freakin scary as hell no matter how fake it was supposed to be :horror

Nobody now can hold a candle to his work

I remember how as a kid The Howling was one of the greatest movies ever, along with AWIL.
Sadly, only AWIL holds up...

Funny that they skipped Howling 2... I remember it was pretty bad, and even then a disappointment to my fond memories of the first. I don't think I ever finished 3.

Which doesn’t hold up in the Howling, the actual movie or Rob Bottin’s Eddie transformation.

The actual movie, and the transformation suffers for it, because the movie looks so cheap that it cheapens the transformation scene. I mean, the snout grows like three different times and it looks different every time! :lol
The whole aesthetic of the movie is just very cheap, which doesn't happen with AWIL.
Too bad, I loved this as a kid, but I just can't sit through it anymore, I tried a few years ago and just couldn't.

I agree the movie itself is definitely not as good as AWIL not even close really AWIL is a near cinematic masterpiece if you ask me but with that being said Eddie’s transformation scene in that dark office was quite a sight to behold at that time audiences gasped in fear whereas AWIL was more of a breathtaking sequence meant to showcase the pain and trauma David was experiencing.

So when you break it all down:

Eddie transformation was about a monster revealing himself scaring the audience.

David transformation was about making the audience feel sorry for David.

Both effects hold up quite well I love Eddie’s pointy spider like fingers.

Werewolf kinda reminds me of the ginger snaps wolf. Just not as big and dark

The second batch of pics with the close-up of the head don't look so good... must be a different sculpt.
Of course I'll still get it.

From reading on Toyark, there's supposedly two heads, one with the articulated jaw and the initial one we saw posed wide open.

I agree the movie itself is definitely not as good as AWIL not even close really AWIL is a near cinematic masterpiece if you ask me but with that being said Eddie’s transformation scene in that dark office was quite a sight to behold at that time audiences gasped in fear whereas AWIL was more of a breathtaking sequence meant to showcase the pain and trauma David was experiencing.

Eddie transformation was about a monster revealing himself scaring the audience.

Yup, agree!

The Snout elongation part of the transformation in The Howling does not hold up while the AWIL version of the appearing Snout has yet to be surpassed.

AWIL has a few awkward looking transformation moments that really have nothing to do with the limitations of the day.. When He looks more like a cave man then a man turning into a wolf.. I always thought it was kind of goofy looking. But its still the best Werewolf transformation IMO.

Its David's performance that makes the scene as classic as it is. I agree with Jye.. you feel sorry for him.

I think AWIL is a perfect film and IS a cinematic Masterpiece. JAWS, AWIL, The Thing, ALIEN, and Halloween. My top 5 horror films have never changed.

I think after JAWS, AWIL may be the film I have seen more times than any other. I was obsessed with that film back in the day.

It has IMO the greatest opening 15 min in all of film. It absolutely perfect. From the Blue Moon opening to the attack on the moors.. Its all perfect.

Jacks death is still the greatest death scene in all of Horror cinema and never gets the credit it deserves.

Wonderful film. I will be watching again soon on 4k blu ray that I paid way to much for.

Back