NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I've been this excited about a figure that isn't a Hot Toys in a long time. These figures are gonna rock!

Nice, glad to see these are starting to ship out. I just got some more revoltech aliens as well. REALLY looking forward to these too. I THOUGHT the alien was shippined in a 2-pack with the marines?
But now that I see they're sold as singles.... i needs to get them,

Lots of them.

Nice, glad to see these are starting to ship out. I just got some more revoltech aliens as well. REALLY looking forward to these too. I THOUGHT the alien was shippined in a 2-pack with the marines?

Lots of them.

I'm debating about getting some of the Alien revoltech reissues as well. But NECA has confirmed we'll get an original Alien in series 2 and they have started sculpting the Queen (as a single release). So I might just end up sticking with NECA's and passing on the revoltechs.

Lots of them.

The black version will be shipping with the Aliens Genocide 2 pack.

I'm debating about getting some of the Alien revoltech reissues as well. But NECA has confirmed we'll get an original Alien in series 2 and they have started sculpting the Queen (as a single release). So I might just end up sticking with NECA's and passing on the revoltechs.

I would get neca , i have the queen and she is cool but expensive and a neat clear purple.But i they dont fit together unlike NECA stuff totally will come out with cool extra and crush the price as well.

The black version will be shipping with the Aliens Genocide 2 pack.

Oh, I know that, I thought the marines were coming packed with an alien each.
Not that I mind, don't want the marines.

I would get neca , i have the queen and she is cool but expensive and a neat clear purple.But i they dont fit together unlike NECA stuff totally will come out with cool extra and crush the price as well.

Oh, I donno, the 10$ a pop i payed for my REvo's was GREAT :lol

passed on the REvo queen. smaller aliens CAN blend in with teh larger neca ones.

A small queen not so much.

There WILL be marine/alien two packs hitting shelves in several months.
One two pack will feature hicks (w/ alternate head etc.) and a brown exploding alien. The second two pack will feature Hudson (w/alternate head etc.) and a blue exploding alien. And, of course, the Genocide 2 pack will be coming out in a couple of months.

I am so pleased with NECA Aliens series 1! There do appear to be quite a few cross-eyed Hudsons out there, but there are plenty that are fine as well. Beyond the occasional Googly eye issue, this series is A+!

Also got mine from AmokTime! Also ....pretty pleased. I guess I'm going to be the first guy who isn't thrilled. Still VERY happy. As I have said countless times, I'll buy everything "Aliens" they release, ESPECIALLY marines.

I won't bog the thread down with negativity (especially easily fixable points), but as happy as I am to have these figures, small tiny nagging things did strike me, and I am looking forward to the 'helmeted' versions all the more.

I am taking a TON of pics and will post them in the morning (unless, of course, someone takes better ones and beats me to the punch before I get mine up :wink1:)

Just ordered a Xenomorph from ebay, hope this thing lives up to the hype, the Wolf Predator I bought was ****...

I don't have the Xenomorph, but I did have Wolf, and from seeing pictures and reviews I can tell you that it should live up to the hype and will at least be better than Wolf.

Also got mine from AmokTime! Also ....pretty pleased. I guess I'm going to be the first guy who isn't thrilled. Still VERY happy. As I have said countless times, I'll buy everything "Aliens" they release, ESPECIALLY marines.

I won't bog the thread down with negativity (especially easily fixable points), but as happy as I am to have these figures, small tiny nagging things did strike me, and I am looking forward to the 'helmeted' versions all the more.

I am taking a TON of pics and will post them in the morning (unless, of course, someone takes better ones and beats me to the punch before I get mine up :wink1:)

I'd like to hear what let you down slightly. Don't let the anti-complainers brigade frighten you out of talking about these figures, good and bad.

I'd like to hear what let you down slightly. Don't let the anti-complainers brigade frighten you out of talking about these figures, good and bad.

the only thing I noticed about mine were the joints in the knees,(hicks and warrior alien) and ankles were a little loose for my taste, but I still love them, the xenomorph warrior is simply a work of art, kyle outdid his self on the alien warrior.
.And to me in person hicks looks like hicks, I haven't opened Hudson, I don't plan on keeping him, the eyes on mine looks fine to me,but I just don't like his facial expression, it looks a bit cartoony to me.

Last edited:
My set arrived from Bbts today. My Hudson is very much cross eyed, looks hideous straight on, ok from the side. Hicks fares much better. Having some trouble figuring out the elbow joints. I'm scared to bend the arms much for fear of breaking them. Can't get them to pose holding the pulse rifles except for straight down. Xeno sculpt looks tremendous, and his joints are very easy to pose. Not a fan of the brown color deco (all evidence to the contrary, in my mind's eye the Aliens are black with a blueish wash) but all in all cant complain much.

May look for a Hudson with better eye paint, but otherwise happy to have these. Keep me coming, Neca. I'll buy whatever you make in this line!

Ha! Well I dont know...I guess since you twisted my arm...:wink1::lecture

-Loose sagging belts. I guess its a byproduct of the separate armor from the body sculpt (which is nice), but somehow they couldn't get them tight fitting while still attached? Minor, but odd to have them hanging about.

-Brown boots?! Seriously...OD jungle boots are simple. Why BROWN? Even mcFarlane didn't screw that up. Why did Neca try and get fancy?

-Hunter green motion tracker and hand welder? I don't expect Brown Bess or anything, but the pulse rifle ended up the acceptable OD green. Again with the weird colors. Why pick a random 3rd color instead of going BB or OD?!

-No Helmets. I have complained numerous times, but it vexes me terribly still. Calm face, shotgun carrying Hicks HAD AN F'N HELMET! Hudson had a helmet for all but like 30 seconds of the movie. Not giving helmets is not cool.

-No Racal Headset. Dont want your hicks with a helmet? thats ok as long as its 'after the hive battle' hicks, where he HAD a Racal headset!!! What is the point of making a hicks with no helmet AND no racal??? Its like they committed to 'fictional reality Hicks' where he chose to wear neither. Again, even McFarlane had the decency to run a headset with no helmet version. It is literally like this figure if from the 5 seconds from the film when he is in the APC as they escape after he ditches the helmet but before he ditches the shotgun (except no shoulder lamp on the figure...which is my next point).

-No shoulder lamp for Hicks. Again, if they want to portray 'pre battle' Hicks with the shotgun, they should have given him a shoulder lamp. But I guess his 'quota' of 3 accessories was filled with his shotgun, sheath, and pulse...no room in the budget for a shoulder lamp like he wore...

-Blended/phased BDU pattern. I know to ask a screen accurate pattern is asking too much, but the phased in and out colors doesnt please me. I think the McFarlane Hicks did a better job of the BDU pattern (and it wasnt good).

-Googly eyes Hudson. I suppose its worse on some more than others, but mine are a bit wild. the "paniced and miserable" eyes of the prototype did not translate to the final product. I got a little 'cross eyed' combined with 'cartoon drunk'.

All in all, articulation is amazing. At times with the small joints I wondered if I should mess with it (fear of breakage). But they did relent.

-The armor is sweet. The armor paint is CRAZY sweet. HEADS AND SHOULDERS above McFarlane.

-My Hicks actually does look like Hicks. More 'in hand' than even the promos give credit for. Hudson, despite his googly eyes, does convey "Hudson".

-They are hands down the best 7" colonial marines around. I hope the line continues and I hope they continue to improve.

I do truly like mine. I don't "love them" as I thought I might when they were first introduced, but I really do like them. I want more. I have a feeling the 'helmeted versions' are going to address most of my complaints before I even complained them. That is my main gripe. I feel like Neca "shorted" the initial release so the next one would be all the "cooler".

Maybe I'm OCD and psycho. But thats my vibe at the moment.
Those pics will still follow shortly.

Hmmm yeah some of those points you raised are surprising like Hicks not being correctly outfitted (or facial expressioned!) for any one part of the film. No doubt there'll be variants which will hopefully allow us to increase the accuracy. Strange though, NECA normally notices everything, even stuff that we don't.

Slightly worried about what kind of eyes I'll be getting on my figures. I too ordered from BBTS like FForFake above.

I can deal with all the movie inaccuracies' you've posted, but the thing that worries me the most is the 'Hudson Problem' (as it shall now be called).

Getting NECA products in my area is hit-or-miss at the best of times, so I've actually ordered 3 sets of series 1 from 3 different online suppliers. I'm not sure that will make my chances any better, but I'll post the results of my haul(s) when I've got them in hand. BigBadToyStore and Amok Time should arrive tomorrow (Wednesday) followed by Cornerstone Comics somewhere around Friday.

Here's hoping. But all in all, I'm glad to see so many people impressed.

Caved in and ordered a Hicks and Hudson from an eBay seller. With expedited shipping, they should arrive Friday or Saturday. The guy has a return policy if they're not up to par so I'm good there.

Most of the brown Alien Warrior shots I've seen look too sloppy for my taste so I'm preordering a couple Genocide packs and using those. After that I'll just wait for Series 2 and the battle-damaged sets.

Finally managed to order mine. Will take loads of pics when they arrive. :D

Can't wait! !

Bri

Hey all, here's my vid review of the new Hicks, Hudson, and Xenomorph Warrior figures! Hope you can check it out, like, subscribe and comment!! Thanks :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geNYa-OGJpI[/ame]

Back