NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@bigbisont, what is with the inner jaw/tongue ?
It looks an the new Alien Warrior sloppy and without fine details.
I dont see the individual teeth. Have the new Warrior a different tongue than the old Warrior ?

@bigbisont, what is with the inner jaw/tongue ?
It looks an the new Alien Warrior sloppy and without fine details.
I dont see the individual teeth. Have the new Warrior a different tongue than the old Warrior ?

Na, you nailed it. I noticed that too when I did the extended inner mouth pics. I am pretty positive the head and mouth sculpts are exactly the same on the new and old, but the new one has globbed on paint that ABSOLUTELY obscures many fine details, especially on the inner mouth. Individual teeth and the ribbing on the 'tongue' are wiped out by heavy paint on mine. Also, the bottom row of front teeth almost got missed completely (only tips silver).

I have no doubt, like face paint, the mouth paint on the warrior varies figure to figure, but you do actually see correct in that mine is a little chunky in that region. Still glad I got it though.

I was hoping for decent paintjobs on the new Alien because I got kinda crappy ones on the older NECA warriors I got. This sounds a bit disappointing. I'll find out what I've ended up with by friday hopefully.

The paint was less glopped-on with the first figure and they also used an airbrush for certain parts. Now it's just regular paint, a single shade of brown. Shame they got worse with time on the Xeno.

Then again, I did get some really good apps on my first version years ago. Most of the ones in-store were terrible but I got lucky and found one that had a good brown/blue balance and clean apps on the teeth and gums.

Caved in and ordered a Hicks and Hudson from an eBay seller. With expedited shipping, they should arrive Friday or Saturday. The guy has a return policy if they're not up to par so I'm good there.

Out of curiosity Blade, why did you purchase them off of eBay vs an Online collectibles seller?

I must have been blessed by the queen alien herself, the paint on my 2 warriors look great on mine to me,all but the little black bits of paint they placed here and there on the tongue, I don't care for that.
the xenomorph warrior is my favorite figure of 2013 so far , above even all my dutches.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity Blade, why did you purchase them off of eBay vs an Online collectibles seller?

I only wanted Hicks and Hudson and the only online retailer that offered the lowest prices (CSC for me) didn't have them available individually. Plus the eBay seller I bought from had a decent price ($26 including expedited shipping that should get them here by Saturday).

CSC has the set of 3 for $47.99 plus shipping. Mine came to $58.44 after shipping which is the best price I have seen anywhere.

Did some thinking tonight and decided I'd dive into this line completely. Even though I already PO'd two Genocide sets, having a brown Warrior for diversity would be nice and I know I'll get the blue and battle-damaged variants as well -- so I went ahead and ordered a brown Xeno on Amazon which'll arrive Saturday.
My final display will have one of each human character, a couple red Aliens, a couple black ones, one brown, one or two blue, and one of each battle-damaged version (I'm guessing one will be brown and one blue). Lots of bugs. :rock

A heads-up to those who haven't yet ordered any of Series 1, Amazon actually has some pretty decent deals on individual figures for Prime members. $26 (inc expedited shipping) on the Warrior Alien, $24 on each Marine.

EDIT: Did anyone contact NECA via Twitter and ask about the 1/4 line? I feel like I read that on here either yesterday or the day before... I know they mentioned a new Alien but what about Marines in that scale?

Last edited:
You could save some money by ordering the set from CSC. They are in stock and about $15 cheaper than Amazon.

You could save some money by ordering the set from CSC. They are in stock and about $15 cheaper than Amazon.

Yeah, but at the time I placed the order for the Marines I thought I was only going to order them. Ah, well. Paying the price for not planning ahead.

Repainted a little.

0245E724-C73B-429A-A372-BA41EF7BAD58-2157-0000038501E40ED0_zpsd029b027.jpg

Back