NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to thank Fonky for getting these out to me so quickly (England). I was reluctant buying on-line due to the reported paint app issues, Fonky was good enough to take the time and pull me a nice Hudson and Hicks.

Received this morning, can't believe how good these look. Paint application is spot on, no issues with Hudson's eyes.

Prefer to purchase from the smaller outlets, as they'll look after you.

Took some general pics, and some direct "head to head" comparison shots.

I'll say again, its not "fair" to compare these new figures to a 9 year old McFarlane one. Neca had better be the superior figure by that time! (which of course they are). But I have nothing else to really compare it against...so here it is.

First off, the figures obviously are solid.

(googly eyes more obvious with flash)

Gear (McFarlane up top, Neca bottom row)

Hick's Back (Neca hicks given Hudson's lamp so "Apples to apples" comparison could be made).

NOW...the Warrior!
Posing pics are everywhere, I'm just going to focus on the direct "Aliens Warrior -to- Warrior" comparison.

Newest Neca on left, first Neca in middle, and McFarlane on right

I'm going to go on a limb and say the 'new' neca Warrior and their old one use the exact same head and sternum. New paint apps obviously make them quite different (with the new one being a bit sloppier actually), but the "new sculpting" appears to apply primarily to joints in the limbs. Body, head, back and tail all look identical.

Resculpted Pelvis/hips and thighs (old left, new right)

I really do like all 3 (soon to be all 8 when the 5 variants [blue, black, red, battle damage brown, and battle damaged blue] of the new one starts popping up).

Despite their many differences, they all play together pretty nice.

Last edited:
Thank you for the great comparison pictures....well done and visually informative! :clap

I am still on the fence with the marines. I really like them but I would prefer them with their helmets. I am sure that NECA will release them individually with helmets after they release the helmet two pack (look at masked city hunter) down the road.

Back when the the "Lost Predators" where reveiled and being release I had this excited feeling of owning them all. I am starting to feel it again with owning the Marines (we will see how many Neca is allowed to produce)

Well got my brown alien warrior already, and I've dubbed him gimpy, his left leg is warped were it attaches to the foot. I'll try heating up the left leg and freezing it in place to see if I can fix it later. While I can still get him into poses, his weak joints don't want to keep him standing there, ratcheted ball joints on the arms and legs are good, but he should also be ratcheted at the knees and elbows, as is, mine is gonna need a stand.

Great sculpt, okay paint, way better plastic then the Wolf I complained about earlier, as I don't have any fear of breakage, but I don't know if I'll bother with the Genocide pack.

All in all I paid £18 (£15 + shipping) and while it has issues I got what I paid for, a cheap slightly funky toy, and the way things are looking for Alien related products I might have to start collecting a few statues regardless of being a figure fan just to get some proper Aliens in my collection.

S0OBR4C.jpg

8CdrE7i.jpg

vzp4ybk.jpg

the aliens warrior is an work of unique art imo, can't wait for series 2 alien 1 drone and blue high lighted warrior, and finally around jan.the royal Queen herself

I'd like to thank Fonky for getting these out to me so quickly (England). I was reluctant buying on-line due to the reported paint app issues, Fonky was good enough to take the time and pull me a nice Hudson and Hicks.

Received this morning, can't believe how good these look. Paint application is spot on, no issues with Hudson's eyes.

Prefer to purchase from the smaller outlets, as they'll look after you.

Thanks for buying from me :D

Well got my brown alien warrior already, and I've dubbed him gimpy

Lol gimpy. Ive also got an alien with a dodgy looking leg :( its still in the box but theres no way I could give it anyone.

Yep Fonky thanks again for sorting out those figures for me. I can't wait to get hold of these figures! Exciting! !!! !:D

Bri

Had a moment to take a pic of my Hudson's head. I'm not great camera man, and it's hard to pinpoint exactly what is off about it, but hopefully the pics convey what I'm saying. Kinda crosseyed, face is a little...lumpy? There's something odd about the painting of the teeth, it makes him look, I dunno...just weird.

b4z1fr.jpg

2m4uo1e.jpg

Now, question about the Warrior (because I don't want to wade through this entire thread): is the lower jaw removable? I opened the jaws up a bit to see if the tongue/inner jaw would slide out, and when I did, the lower jaw detached. I was sure I'd broken it, but it popped back into place. Just paranoid about destroying these things.

A flash often accentuates the very worst aspects of a sculpt/paint, but yeah...some Hudson's are better than others. Its good to know that while I think mine is also off, it could have been a lot worse!

As for his shoulder lamp, it was a solid piece of plastic as I recall. No moving up and down.

Wow...Thanks for the Marine pics guys. You just made my decision a lot easier. I think I'll just be picking up the Alien Warrior.

Hicks has a rat face, and Hudson looks.....just plain wrong.:horror

It's funny how Neca can do such a great likeness of Arnold, but completely fail on other actors.:confused:

Yours should arrive tomorrow BuGz :cool:

Would it be easy to repaint the wonky eyes?

That's not something I could myself but I have one boxed and its a shame for it to go to waste.

Last edited:
Thank you Fonky!

Will let you know when they arrive mate!
Yeah I think it would be quite easy to repaint the eyes. You would need a very fine brush.

Bri

Eesh these were a definite buy... Not so much now. If I'm wowed in person maybe I'll pick them up.

Repainting eyes at this scale is a nightmate imo.

I will have to see Hudson in person before I make my decision. I don't open my NECA's, just purchase and store away so if the likeness is good in package it is cool with me. I might pass on the Alien as I have so many already.

some figures have better paint application than others. Having said that, the sculpts of Hicks and Hudson are very nice. You guys need to see them in person before you decide to deprive yourself of incredible figures. As long as you grab a nicely painted figure, these marines are every bit as good as Arnold (imho).

Back