NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not Gort.

This is P1.

Gort is in P2.

Not P1.

However, Gort's bio was originally going to be used on P1.

Which is what this is.

P1 with Gort's bio.

But yeah, this is not Gort, this is P1.

you're starting to know a little bit about cinema. you see, you are getting older and wiser.:hi5:

Hello everyone!

I just picked up the masked Predator from NECA and it's pretty sweet. A few problems such as the paint missing on the laser sight. But overall a pretty sweet figure.

I need to fix the mask gap and need to look into how to convert the lasers to LEDs. Any help would be appreciated.

Great to be here. Heres a quick pic. Thanks.

Hello everyone!

I just picked up the masked Predator from NECA and it's pretty sweet. A few problems such as the paint missing on the laser sight. But overall a pretty sweet figure.

I think the paint is one of the best points on this figure, I was pleasantly suprised for Neca. My problem is, although it looks awesome, its feels poor quality. as soon as I picked mine up the "string" with the bones on came apart/ snapped and the arms feel kinda loose too. anyone else have this problem or did I just get a duffer? :slap

you're starting to know a little bit about cinema. you see, you are getting older and wiser.:hi5:
Huh, you didn't repeatedly state that everything you do not care for is, "gay"!
Maybe you're gaining some maturity!

Up, nevermind, you're still targetting people based on their ages.

Keep trying though, you'll get it eventually!

:wave

I think the paint is one of the best points on this figure, I was pleasantly suprised for Neca. My problem is, although it looks awesome, its feels poor quality. as soon as I picked mine up the "string" with the bones on came apart/ snapped and the arms feel kinda loose too. anyone else have this problem or did I just get a duffer? :slap
No, this is normal and expected for the price.

I have had no problems with the necklace, however my Pred's right arm is loose.

You could probably just super-glue the necklace back together, and if the arms get loose enough to the point where they are constantly falling out, you could probably just put a small layer of hot glue on the end to increase the size so it will fit in more securely..

No, this is normal and expected for the price.

I have had no problems with the necklace, however my Pred's right arm is loose.

You could probably just super-glue the necklace back together, and if the arms get loose enough to the point where they are constantly falling out, you could probably just put a small layer of hot glue on the end to increase the size so it will fit in more securely..

Yeah I kno the necklace is no biggie, it actually has a little hole that the string was stuck into and just needs re-gluing. The arm isnt falling out loose but moves up and down way too easy.. if that makes sense?? it can still hold posistions but not as solid as I would of liked. I dont plan on "playing" with it so fingers crossed it will stay good as it is for display use only.

I bought all 3 preds and the necklace on one of them had the same problem as yours. Fixed that with superglue.
One of his arms was loose but all it needed was to be pushed in.

That chick is far from hot. She has no hips, no chest, a face like a dude and sounds like Plankton's computer wife Karen off of Sponge Bob Square Pants :monkey4

That chick is far from hot. She has no hips, no chest, a face like a dude and sounds like Plankton's computer wife Karen off of Sponge Bob Square Pants :monkey4

lol, there is already a thread where everyone (including me) said stuff like that about her, well, I only said something about the way she talks, but
the guy doing those videos was not happy about it... at all
lol :lol

but yeah she annoys the $#@$ out of me, well her infomercial style of voice but, im not a hater,

Last edited:
Late to the scene, but my 1/4 just arrived today!

Spotted 2 rips in the netting though:

1. One at the left chest pec (from my view)
2. and one at the belly.

Has anyone actually tried repairing them or is it just not possible?

I'm also thinking about doing the Helmet Mod, but seeing how frail the netting is, I'm afraid to even touch it besides setting it in one pose and running away to look at it from afar for good.

Also, I've lost track how many people gave their many versions and methods of doing the helmet mod and I'm not sure which is the safest, most reliable one.

Edit: Is it actually worth returning to the supplier for a replacement just for those 2 rips? AFAIK I can't seem to find anything else wrong with the figure.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbygQq93ULM"]‪Ace Ventura (1994) - She's a Man!!!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

lol, there is already a thread where everyone (including me) said stuff like that about her, well, I only said something about the way she talks, but
the guy doing those videos was not happy about it... at all
lol :lol

but yeah she annoys the $#@$ out of me, well her infomercial style of voice but, im not a hater,

:lol I'd said on another thread that she wasn't hot, and I think people were throwing gay slurs and everything at me :lol
Just different People have different opinions of what's considered "hot", and she's far from it.

But anyways, back to the NECA 1/4ish Predator figure :D

I'm also thinking about doing the Helmet Mod, but seeing how frail the netting is, I'm afraid to even touch it besides setting it in one pose and running away to look at it from afar for good.

Also, I've lost track how many people gave their many versions and methods of doing the helmet mod and I'm not sure which is the safest, most reliable one.

I found this tutorial within this thread. It looks pretty good. The only thing I was confused on is do you place the head in actual boiling water. The picture does not show that and I thought I heard it wasn't good to put figures in boiling water.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3565007&postcount=8694

photo0014hv.jpg

photo0010qi.jpg

Here is a good tutorial that was posted in this thread. The only confusing part is the boiling water section. I'm not sure if you actually put the head in boiling water or just very hot water as the picture doesn't show boiling water. I also thought I heard it isn't good to put a figure in boiling water.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3565007&postcount=8694

Back