NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have open mouth version.its very good item.
Resim016.jpg

Resim014.jpg

Well I'd say about 99.9% of people that saw the film don't know and don't care :)
It's just people like us that obsess over the minutiae of these films. We are an odd bunch. It's why I like it here :1-1:

my open mandible P2 arrived yesterday. This thing is massive and the details are amazing for the price.

A few crappy pics:

2eutke0.jpg

2wd0kn9.jpg

htdvfo.jpg

HEy guyz,i want to pick up an 18" Pred but can you tell me is the netting on the figure really that innacurate?I never really saw it up close but it resembles like the Hot TOys one and i thought that was suppose to be accurate.Am I wrong?^_^

HEy guyz,i want to pick up an 18" Pred but can you tell me is the netting on the figure really that innacurate?I never really saw it up close but it resembles like the Hot TOys one and i thought that was suppose to be accurate.Am I wrong?^_^

is not that it is inaccurate, the problem is that it breaks very easily.

NECA's is very inaccurate. It is really like the netting bag that some fruits are packed in. However, to be fair HT's isn't accurate either. It's better than NECA's, but it is a tad thick.
a9n70h.jpg

If this doesn't confirm you're gay than I don't know what could.

I thought we could be a little more mature than that, but I guess not.

thicker nets is what Neca needs. And what Hot toys makes. Even if they are not accurate.

the thicker the net the better, because it will not break. NECA's nets are too thin, they break even by just breathing on them. I don't understand why they had to be so cheap with the netting. they are super thin. I mean, would thicker nets, or nets made of fabric really be that much more expensive? I seriously can't believe that.

anyways kind of interesting that you would associate "thick" with being gay since I Was talking about the nets,
very interesting lar'jazz Thewi ... projecting much?
CB9xi2s.gif

Last edited:
It's got nothing to do with the size, but rather the material. That plastic crap is brittle and easily breakable.

that's true I guess. JacktheRipper was saying how Hot Toys netting is too thick, but That net will never break (on its own) so it is a lot better. But you might be right as well.

I thought we could be a little more mature than that, but I guess not.

thicker nets is what Neca needs. And what Hot toys makes. Even if they are not accurate.

the thicker the net the better, because it will not break. NECA's nets are too thin, they break even by just breathing on them. I don't understand why they had to be so cheap with the netting. they are super thin. I mean, would thicker nets, or nets made of fabric really be that much more expensive? I seriously can't believe that.

anyways kind of interesting that you would associate "thick" with being gay since I Was talking about the nets,
very interesting lar'jazz Thewi ... projecting much?
CB9xi2s.gif

Hot Toys nets are too thick. They used 0.75mm string, but to be accurate scale, they should have used 0.50 string.
0.50 string is more than strong enough. There is no way it would break(unless you use tools and excessive force to purposely break it.)
NECAs problem is that their nets are plastic, therefore break extremely easy.
NECAs net is correct scale(thickness), but are of inaccurate design.

Hot Toys nets are too thick. They used 0.75mm string, but to be accurate scale, they should have used 0.50 string.
0.50 string is more than strong enough. There is no way it would break(unless you use tools and excessive force to purposely break it.)

They just switched to thinner netting with the new P2

But that's the thing. I would rather have thick but not accurate netting than the crap NECA has.

But that's the thing. I would rather have thick but not accurate netting than the crap NECA has.

Personally, I would rather NECA had accurate design on the net. The thickness is perfect, but the only thing to be improved would be to swap the plastic for string instead.
Thankfully I have no breakages on the cheap netting yet though...and if it does ever break, I will just pretend its natural 'battle damage'! :wink1:
The netting was ripped in the film so...

Holy $h!!!!!!!!!t
Still with the netting?!
Still!?
It retailed for $70 delivered. The sculpt is an nothing short of spectacular, and the paint far far exceeds what should have been expected at this price point. It huge! AND had separate netting. Not sculpted in or painted on. Separate.
$70 delivered at retail
The $2000 wolf has inaccurate netting and there have been fewer complaints by the people that own it for $2000.00
These are a fraction of the price of all their competitors. Who Also have THICK inaccurate netting with barely a peep.
.............. :)
Rant over carry on :wave

Back