NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys...is there some sort of trick to taking these guys apart? the arms, legs, etc? im going to attempt a netting mod....any and all help would be fantastic :wave

I don't have pics or anything, but just be careful while doing reverse engineering, because if it breaks, well, you know....
Somebody post some pics for this guy!

hey guys...is there some sort of trick to taking these guys apart? the arms, legs, etc? im going to attempt a netting mod....any and all help would be fantastic :wave
You have to completely disassemble the figure, which can be a pain since many of the parts are glued together. I used heat and a small flat-head screwdriver to break the glue.

How to disassemble your Jungle/Gort Predator:

Remove Head - Pull straight up

Remove backpack, skulls, etc - easy peasy.

Remove Hands & Feet - pull out, heat may help.

Shoulders - Remove left shoulder armor, breaking the glue, a hair drier may help. Pull arms straight out.

Elbows - Pull straight out. There is a plug at the elbow which can be removed by pulling hard. I believe I used an Allen wrench to pull it out.

Torso - Remove the three screws hidden under the back of the skirt. Pull groin apart (ouch) and set legs to the side. Remove the body armor, it is glued, but can be pried off fairly easily. Remove plug from bottom of torso, this will free the bottom netting. Remove the neck, this joint can be very tight, so heating will help. The netting can now be removed from the torso.

Legs - Remove the two screws that hold on the shorts/frills. Pry off from top of leg. Knees are just like the elbows, pull apart, then remove the plug holding the netting.

How to disassemble your City Predator:

Same as above except -

Both the hips and torso are held together with screws. Once the torso is apart, you can remove the neck (also held in with screws).

Not sure if a predator 2 thread exist's ( sorry if it does ). Was surfing around on Toysrus today and saw they have the Predator 2 Masked 1/4th scale for $59.99 for those interested.

Not sure if you will be charged sales tax or how much shipping would be to your location but it seemed like a great deal...as I have never saw one this cheap.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17674416

You have to completely disassemble the figure, which can be a pain since many of the parts are glued together. I used heat and a small flat-head screwdriver to break the glue.

How to disassemble your Jungle/Gort Predator:

Remove Head - Pull straight up

Remove backpack, skulls, etc - easy peasy.

Remove Hands & Feet - pull out, heat may help.

Shoulders - Remove left shoulder armor, breaking the glue, a hair drier may help. Pull arms straight out.

Elbows - Pull straight out. There is a plug at the elbow which can be removed by pulling hard. I believe I used an Allen wrench to pull it out.

Torso - Remove the three screws hidden under the back of the skirt. Pull groin apart (ouch) and set legs to the side. Remove the body armor, it is glued, but can be pried off fairly easily. Remove plug from bottom of torso, this will free the bottom netting. Remove the neck, this joint can be very tight, so heating will help. The netting can now be removed from the torso.

Legs - Remove the two screws that hold on the shorts/frills. Pry off from top of leg. Knees are just like the elbows, pull apart, then remove the plug holding the netting.

How to disassemble your City Predator:

Same as above except -

Both the hips and torso are held together with screws. Once the torso is apart, you can remove the neck (also held in with screws).

thank you soooooooooooooooo much for the help, i am going to try this when i get home (figners crossed) :clap

Posted this before, but it might help you. The only different is that the newer figures have ball-jointed hips. Everything else should be similar:
dca1jr.jpg

Couple things..

as much as i wish the Predator was 8 feet tall, he was NOT 8 feet tall.

He wasn't. But he was at least 7'2" (since that was KPH's height). A realistic estimate (with the stunt shoes/feet and headgear) would be 7'5" - 7'6" tops. Which is not 19" in 1/4 scale and not 14" in 1/6 scale.

Pics like those are worthless in a discussion about height unless you know the height of someone else pictured.

height for male actors is something that is ALWAYS over-estimated, and bumped up.

How about singers? Are their heights "ALWAYS over-estimated, and bumped up"? Because this is a pic of Hall with his wife Alaina Reed and Luther Vandross, an R&B singer who's 6'2".

227wedding_350.jpg

The average height of a US door/door jam..

Let me stop you right there. :lol

No but seriously.. it was a set. So the average height of a US door/door jam is irrelevant.

As long as all the predators are in scale with each other, I don't really care what is says on the box.

it is false advertising for collectors that don't know what we know. It's a pretty ****ty move actually. If these were $300+ statues or figures or whatever, people would prolly be more outraged about the scale of these.

Couple things..

He wasn't. But he was at least 7'2" (since that was KPH's height). A realistic estimate (with the stunt shoes/feet and headgear) would be 7'5" - 7'6" tops. Which is not 19" in 1/4 scale and not 14" in 1/6 scale.

Pics like those are worthless in a discussion about height unless you know the height of someone else pictured.

How about singers? Are their heights "ALWAYS over-estimated, and bumped up"? Because this is a pic of Hall with his wife Alaina Reed and Luther Vandross, an R&B singer who's 6'2".

227wedding_350.jpg

Let me stop you right there. :lol

No but seriously.. it was a set. So the average height of a US door/door jam is irrelevant.

Everyone knows these neca Preds arent true 1/4 scale.

The only thing you factually and definitively offer is a picture of KPH next to Luther ****ing vandross :lol

LOLs aside, lets examine that picture. if Luther vandross was about 6-2 according to the picture he's roughly one human head shorter than KPH ( one average human head...not a Bigfoot Silva head). The average male human head is about 8-10" tall...So according to your photographic evidence this makes KPH about 6'10"-7'0" tall. It's safe to say he's 2" shorter than ur statement of KPH being "at least 7'2"...KPH's height of 7-2 was over estimated and bumped up :lol

Back