NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture

Some still think Hot Toys can do no wrong, so regardless of the Tsang-isms that will inevitably show up on whatever Predator sculpts they bring out next, they will be hoarded, cherished, or pimped out faster than Johannson nip pics.
Saved to my pictures! :hi5:

this may have been discussed in the back pages but i'm too lazy to go through all the posts so i'll just ask... according to the consensus here, what's the best pred head of the 3?

masked seems the most popular. price is higher now for that version. but is it the best version though?

the masked is the most popular, but ive said it before the damn thing came out and I'll say it again. Closed mouth all the way.

Masked one all the way for me. After you modded its mask, it'll be the best representation of the predator himself since he wears it all the time except for the last 5 minutes.
Plus it's the most accurate masked version out there, and to me, this is the proper way to display him with his plasma caster (he throw it away before he remove his mask).
The only downside is that you need to fix its visor but other than that I'm very pleased with it.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that a lot of us preferred the closed-mouth look. Very expressive head, it is.

I bought closed mouthed because it was the only one left on Toysrus.com. Now I'm really happy that it was. It's my fav too. It's funny to me that masked version is the most popular when it was probably the easiest one to make.

yeah i got all 3 and i gotta say the helmeted version is by far the coolest. i dunno if it's just because it got the most screentime or because of the variety of posing options that don't look quite as cool with the helmet off. maybe both.

Yeah I have the helmeted and the closed mouth and the helmeted version is cool, but the more I look at the closed mouth, its just such an awesome figure. The closed mouth just has that awesome look of disgust like hes ready to destroy everything in sight.

My favourite is the helmeted version but I display all my Preds that way, I still had to buy myself another one though, so I bought another on Play.com because they were selling him for £55 delivered. The only problem with Play is you don't get to pick which one you want so I ended with my 2nd choice, open mouth but I would of much preferred the closed. I think I need to go back & pick that one up before I regret it.

Certainly out of the 2 unmasked figures I prefer the closed-mouth - it looks so dead-on and the figure looks natural either just standing there or in the semi-crouch roaring position whereas the open-mouth only looks natural to my eyes if you have him in the roaring position.

so has neca even posted any actual updates on their pred figures in like the last month? that's not very reassuring considering no news is usually bad news in this business. they need to get on the stick.

Certainly out of the 2 unmasked figures I prefer the closed-mouth - it looks so dead-on and the figure looks natural either just standing there or in the semi-crouch roaring position whereas the open-mouth only looks natural to my eyes if you have him in the roaring position.

Once I get the closed mouth version repainted, it will defn be my fav. I reckon it will look awesome next to the LSB as well.

so has neca even posted any actual updates on their pred figures in like the last month? that's not very reassuring considering no news is usually bad news in this business. they need to get on the stick.

well we've already seen the finished sculpt of Gort/P1.

Back