Naked Gun reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't like the originals very much so I'm sure I won't like a remake. Even for the fans this seems like a stretch for a reboot. Will they reboot Airplane next?

First off this is the dumbest remake idea ever and second I can't stand Ed Helms. Peace out. I hope this remake crap fails miserably.

This is the dumbest idea i have heard in a while. Nothing against Ed Helms, but he can't do what Leslie Nielsen did with Drebin. Nielsen MADE Drebin. There is nothing Helms can do to recreate the brilliance that Nielsen brought to that character.

One of the reasons Nielsen was so effective in the Naked Gun movies (and Airplane too) is that for most of his career he was known for being a heavy dramatic actor. Having a guy like that deliver the most absurd dialogue in a deadpan, matter of fact way was lightning in a bottle.

I'm all for another slapstick comedy, ala Naked Gun, Dumb & Dumber, etc, but why make it a reboot? Just call it something else. After all, I'm sure all the jokes will be different anyway. It would be lame if they did all the same things again.

I think I'll just watch the originals and if this never gets made, I'll dance.

1251191958_naked_gun_leslie_nielsen.gif

What I loved about Leslie Nielson is that he often gave the impression that he was aware of how insane the events surrounding him were

His facial expressions and delivery were just perfect

I can't think of anyone now who has that quality

Maybe Jason Bateman, maybe.

I'm all for another slapstick comedy, ala Naked Gun, Dumb & Dumber, etc, but why make it a reboot? Just call it something else. After all, I'm sure all the jokes will be different anyway. It would be lame if they did all the same things again.

I know, something along the same lines as the Naked Gun but under a different name and different characters. So just a different film altogether.:lol

Just when the idea of this horse **** was bad enough... it's going to be a more of a sequel instead of reboot.

"It was announced last month that Paramount Pictures had signed Ed Helms to lead a reboot of the comedy franchise The Naked Gun. Today, CraveOnline caught up with co-screenwriter Ben Garant (who writes alongside creative partner Thomas Lennon) and learned that the project isn't so much a remake as a sequel.

"Right now we're calling it 'Episode IV – A New Hope,'" Garant says. "That will change, but that's the working title... Our take is that Ed Helms is Frank Drebin, no relation. That's how he introduces himself."

Based on the earlier short-lived ABC TV series "Police Squad!"(which also starred Leslie Nielsen and was created by Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker), three films were released including The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! (1988), The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear (1991) and The Naked Gun 33 /3: The Final Insult (1994).

Similar to what was done with John Singleton's Shaft, J.J. Abrams' Star Trek or even the surprisingly franchise continuity-faithful Herbie Fully Loaded (that Garant and Lennon also drafted), The Naked Gun will use the "no relation" joke to offer a rebooted protagonist without technically contradicting the events of any of the previous films. In fact, Garant suggests that his aim is to capture the style of the original films without repeating the specific storyline.

"We are trying to reinvent the world," he says, "because that world was very 'Dragnet,' but we're trying to fit in 100 jokes a page... It's going to be a lot of fun. We’re very much embracing the style.""

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=113348

Last edited:
Back