Highlander Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny enough, I just mentioned Highlander today in a post -- a title I have not uttered in over a decade.

tenor.gif

There was a saying regarding Highlander that, "There can be only one...movie." First one is awesome, the rest are garbage. I trust Cavill and his decision making.

I can think of a couple of actual Scottish actors who I think could do justice to the role of Connor MacLeod, but they're too old to play him. Kevin McKidd and Gerard Butler. Richard Armitage has the look for the part but he too is about 20 years too old. I love the original Highlander, but I agree with Craig Ferguson. They cast a French accented actor (Lambert) to play a Scotsman, and an actual Scotsman to play an Egyptian. ?????? Whatever, it had better have, at the very least, James Cosmo in it, and maybe Rory McCann as the Kurgan.

Highlander has so much potential. So many time frames to draw from. A great film can be forged here.

I always liked Highlander. Great cast and the Queen soundtrack really made the movie for me. Connor was a great character and Connery as Ramirez was awesome. If they get a new one out I hope it is more like the original than the sequels.

I can totally get behind this. Highlander has been needing a decent reboot for a long time. I was a huge fan of the first movie and the TV show with Adrian Paul. I think Cavill is a great choice to star as a new character.

I always liked Highlander. Great cast and the Queen soundtrack really made the movie for me. Connor was a great character and Connery as Ramirez was awesome. If they get a new one out I hope it is more like the original than the sequels.

I never watched the second one and read about it...wtf is that about? :lol Highlanders are from another planet or something and this takes place in the future. I didn't bother going any further than reading that. :monkey4

I never watched the second one and read about it...wtf is that about? :lol Highlanders are from another planet or something and this takes place in the future. I didn't bother going any further than reading that. :monkey4

It was pretty bad. The original version of the movie made them time traveling aliens and was utter garbage. They did a revised cut later and make no mention of them being aliens but the movie is still trash. 3 was just a remake of one with a lesser villian and 4 brought Duncan into the movies.

Back