Naked Gun reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naked Gun is nothing more than an American version of the Pink Panther.

The concept of a bumbling detective is not new nor proprietary to "Naked Gun", so just make it a new franchise with a different character anyway. Doesn't make any sense.

Naked Gun is nothing more than an American version of the Pink Panther.

The concept of a bumbling detective is not new nor proprietary to "Naked Gun", so just make it a new franchise with a different character anyway. Doesn't make any sense.

That's interesting...

Yeah-ok.gif

Nooooooooooooo!! I loved the Naked Gun movies as a kid. There is no way that they can remake it in any decent way.

Nooooooooooooo!! I loved the Naked Gun movies as a kid. There is no way that they can remake it in any decent way.

Like we were discussing before, a lot of the humor will most likely have to be rewritten (or dumbed-down) in order to make it understandable for today's culture. I just can't see how this remake will be successful.

Bad idea. Ed Helms isn't even funny. I blame him for putting the final nail in the coffin that was The Office.

Nobody can do that particular style of deadpan better than Leslie Nielson. Loved the TV series (Police Squad) and the first Naked Gun.

I am sure this will be a major bomb anyway, long forgotten after it's made.

Like someone before me said, should just be another semi-original movie instead of attaching the Naked Gun name to it in a effort to boost box office receipts.

Nobody can do that particular style of deadpan better than Leslie Nielson. Loved the TV series (Police Squad) and the first Naked Gun.

I am sure this will be a major bomb anyway, long forgotten after it's made.

Like someone before me said, should just be another semi-original movie instead of attaching the Naked Gun name to it in a effort to boost box office receipts.

:exactly::goodpost:

Without Leslie's personality, why even bother?

This is the dumbest idea i have heard in a while. Nothing against Ed Helms, but he can't do what Leslie Nielsen did with Drebin. Nielsen MADE Drebin. There is nothing Helms can do to recreate the brilliance that Nielsen brought to that character.

Back