Highlander Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highlander just screams Mads Mikkelsen. He will be involved in some capacity I'm sure.

Remember being chased down the street in Vancouver by Adrian Paul with his sword as a kid.
Saw him at a convention few years back and he remembered it with a chuckle.

I had never actually watched the whole film all the way through, or if I did I don't remember the experience ... I only remembered the scene in the Highlands where the Kurgan skewers what's-his-face, and the end where he gets all the powers. So I watched the whole thing the other day.

I don't think it needed a reboot. :lol

I can't imagine they'll add anything of value to what was already a very thin premise. And I guess after ... what ... 30 years(?) of remakes and reboots I'm kinda done?

I had never actually watched the whole film all the way through, or if I did I don't remember the experience ... I only remembered the scene in the Highlands where the Kurgan skewers what's-his-face, and the end where he gets all the powers. So I watched the whole thing the other day.

I don't think it needed a reboot. :lol

I can't imagine they'll add anything of value to what was already a very thin premise. And I guess after ... what ... 30 years(?) of remakes and reboots I'm kinda done?

Leave this thread never to return!

The passage of time, loss of loved ones, sword fighting, the human spirit, great locations. Highlander1 is a great film and is always nice to go back to these personal movies and get away from the avalanche of CGI. I hope they keep it that way, just add CGI for lightning and maybe some destructible environments.

The passage of time, loss of loved ones, sword fighting, the human spirit, great locations. Highlander1 is a great film and is always nice to go back to these personal movies and get away from the avalanche of CGI. I hope they keep it that way, just add CGI for lightning and maybe some destructible environments.

Fair enough, but this is my issue with a reboot ... they're likely going to CG the crap out of it. I may not have been blown away by the original film but it had a heart.

Highlander is one of my go to movies when I am not in the mood for anything specific. Lambert, Connery and Brown were awesome in their roles. Great scene transitions too. My favorite is Conner's face to the Mona Lisa Mural wall. Queen's soundtrack was great too. I always felt a bit sad for Connor outliving loved ones. I really liked how they explained what he had been doing for generations to amass his fortune by being the heir to the person who died each time.

Fair enough, but this is my issue with a reboot ... they're likely going to CG the crap out of it. I may not have been blown away by the original film but it had a heart.

Hard to outdo a classic original. Hollywood usually overcompensates and then blames the audience.

Nah, to be honest, I didn't really like much of Queen's 80's output. There's some amazing tracks, like Under Pressure, Another One Bites the Dust or I want to Break Free, but overall I wasn't impressed with Queen in the 80's.

Nah, to be honest, I didn't really like much of Queen's 80's output. There's some amazing tracks, like Under Pressure, Another One Bites the Dust or I want to Break Free, but overall I wasn't impressed with Queen in the 80's.

WkKR.gif

- https://screenrant.com/highlander-reboot-franchise-plans-good/
-How ‘John Wick’ Director’s ‘Highlander’ Remake Differs From Original – The Hollywood Reporter
You know the lead Highlander will end up being black once Cavill steps away.
Cavill is pretty much a lock now that he's done playing Elric The White Wolf I mean The Witcher.
So of course the second lead, Ramirez by default must now be recast as Black, Female, LGBT, or all three?
Almost guaranteed to be the next gratuitous- we can't actually come up with a new character so we'll cut-and-paste swap, and check the we are so "brave" virtue signal box.
Though hopefully Stahelski doesn't feel he needs to lend himself to that.

If they are trying to adjust the accents from the OG,
I think Bardem in look (age 54 same age as Connery was) and presence, invoking an old soul, with a slight flamboyant edge, would make the best Ramirez, to Cavill's more naive (at first) MacLeod

Not sure who for the Kurgan?
be0e0828c5f68fda4544a575f4b55df7.jpg

Last edited:
Back