My Custom Troopers and whatever else comes up along the way.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great lookin' Commander Bow. :clap Commander Bow was the 1st Clone custom I made, and the 1st project I posted on this board. So it's always great to see another take on the character. Once again, kudos man. Keep up the good work.

Thanks so much man! You know it's funny your Commander Bow was actually one of my inspirations to take him on

Wow man, good stuff here. I really like your paint apps and weathering, well done.

Your custom 501st troopers look awesome. Was the other trooper design from the "Clone wars" series or did you make that up? Either way, looks great.

You can always go back and revisit older customs and use new methods/techniques. I do it all the time, so dont get bummed out. :)

Welcome to the party, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks man! Yeah, haha I'm going to post him up in a bit. I definitely learned a lot from him being my first. That's Hardcase from the "Clone Wars" series. I liked his "thirst for battle shoot first ask questions later" attitude. A lot of things I would do differently if I were to redo him. I might redo him actually. But he is my first so he does hold a special place in my heart hahah!

Well, here's Hardcase. You can definitely tell this was my first custom. I melted some pieces of armor by using acetone. Learned quickly not to do that though nothing melted too drastically. i just sort of played it off as wear HAHA! My brush work on this guy was meant to make it look as if he painted his armor himself. Not sure if I accomplished that but sealing it with a gloss sealer definitely made sure he couldn't come out as cool as I had hoped. Still, I'm very fond of this guy just because he's my first and basically sparked the flame to loving 1/6 scale customizing.

If you don't follow the Clone Wars series, Hardcase was part of the 501st. I'll leave his story out just in case you haven't gotten that far yet.

Anyway, Here he is..

image_zpsdfff4ff3.jpg

image_zpsd77a8f6e.jpg

image_zps5dc0fc39.jpg

I also just realized I never repainted his hands :slap :slap :slap :lol :lol :lol

Love the hardcase,i wanted to do an arf 501st but the paint went.....mega crap

Great paintjob on Hardcase . If you're not happy with the gloss coat , get yourself a spray can of dullcoat , that'll sort it out . :wink1:

Great paintjob on Hardcase . If you're not happy with the gloss coat , get yourself a spray can of dullcoat , that'll sort it out . :wink1:

Thanks dude! You know, I tried that. It didn't work. I didn't go too heavy on the dull coat though for fear of just caking it on and making it worse. Maybe I'll give it another go :)

Ok, so here's my 3rd guy. Phase I Bomb Disposal Unit. It took me forever to finish him mostly because it took me forever to get the decal paper for his shoulder insignia. I finally got it set and got him weathered last night. I really liked the way he looked clean but, as I clone, I think he belongs a bit dirty. Pretty simple guy but I like the way he came out.

image_zps4140e71b.jpg

image_zps0bd4d76b.jpg

image_zpsb7b97947.jpg

image_zpsa64fa676.jpg

image_zps22ca800d.jpg

Also, if anyone is working on any Bomb Squad troopers, I have a bunch of water-slide decals of the insignia. I have them in 1/2" and 3/8" :)

image_zps04c9d601.jpg

image_zpsb756bfb4.jpg

Nice job. How did you learn to do weathering? Did you have a tutorial or was it experimentation?

Thanks man. Yeah I just experimented. I always start with a razor blade. Ill take the edge of a razor blade against any sharp edges of armor and anywhere I would imagine there would be scuffs. After that I mix a little combo of metallic dark gray, enamel black and light gray. Definitely a very light amount on the brush at a time and sometimes with a bit of water and fill in all the cracks and spaces that would have dirt build-ups and then wipe with a paper towel. It's a trial and error process. I still need a lot of work to really get it down but i have been able to get some cool effect like if you look on his rib cage there's sort of that odd shaped dirt ring. Or if you drop a dot of black and take a thinner brush and just sort of dot the armor and the swipe out sort of like blaster burn marks if that makes sense? Sorry this was a long response man haha! :slap

Back