Por.toys_studio X we_studio_yh Kaneda Shotaro Custom Headsculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crys

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello,

Just a head up regarding pre-orders of customs from the above - names from the instagram accounts.

Around November last year they opened orders for full custom figures and headsculpts of a realistic interpratation of the main protagonist from the anime AKIRA.

1667053600500.png

The headsculpt and paint looked wonderful so I reached out to we_studio_yh on instagram to make an order as soon as the window opened, within a few hours they replied with all the details, prices and terms of payment.
the 50% deposit was paid and reciept of transaction confirmed.

More recently I start seeing posts regarding the commissions shipping soon, so I contact we_studio_yh to get an estimate of when they will invoice me for the final payment, postage and confirm address.
At this point the communication stops for long periods of time, eventually recieving a message saying that they are shipping in out in batches based on order times. I waited some more, reached out again.
Eventually recieved a message stating that they did not make enough and will have to refund me. I questioned why it was not made to order as I sent payment in the pre-order window and I was told they underestimated the amount.
I have been offered a refund +10%

Days later have still not recieved my refund, wasted money on a diorama setup and parts for a figure I can never complete how I envisioned.
The frustrating thing is seeing some of the established custom collectors showing beautiful shots of the figure but I am forgotten, maybe I should not have left them to get on with the commissions and instead constantly asked for updates to remind them of my order?

Sorry for the downer post! Just a bit of a warning If you plan to Pre-order through them, suggested by Charles Lim who also said that communication was terrible - but he did finally recieve

1667054283441.png

I'm sorry you got ripped off. At the very least I hope you get your money back!

I hope you manage to get the custom head eventually, too. I'm not a fan of the realistic style, but it looks very well done if that's the style you like. Maybe someone else will be able to make copies of the mold and do a better job distributing. I hope things work out for you!

They were made to order no way they could under estimate unless they ran out of plasric. Most likely someone saw their stocks and offered more for them.

Hey OP....no idea if you're still around, but I just saw something on twitter that might interest you.

It's not as realistic, but it's not as cartoony as the original sculpt either.

Fl1DP7lacAEcUNX.jpg

The only info given was that it's by a guy called "Scott Peterson" and that it's called "Bad Boy Biker."

Hope that helps!

Back