1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Iron Man and Hulk are probably the only likely candidates in that list.

I agree. Hulk because he was in the most recent "Coming Soon" teaser. Of course, so was Catwoman. But with only 9 days left in June, if we don't see any of them from OMG within the next 2 weeks or so, they won't make July at all.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Can you teach me how to be able to afford $200 toys without a job please? :1-1:

I have 4 final flex pays in July. Hulk, Catwoman, BD Iron Man Mark VII and Amazing Spiderman.

I wonder if I will get any of them in July?

luck to you to be able own BD mark VII:clap
hopefully in future they make it again :pray:

9c78189719e024d04b3d0e4916f0b3e3a262b757_m.gif

We're waiting Hot toys hurry up.

tumblr_m4brhyoXPo1qgsjfm.gif

:impatient::impatient::impatient::impatient:

Joking aside I PO`d this last sept sideshow have had my deposit and 2 payments this is coming up to a year now and is simply not good enough Either hot Toys or sideshow should offer a discount as this is highly unprofessional behavior. I ain't a happy teddy

Last edited:

There was a deposit required when this first went up for order? Not so in February when I ordered. I can totally understand being annoyed at having to lay down a deposit. Now imagine what I went through for this last house... $20k deposit, 6 months late. ;)

I do think that Hot Toys should reevaluate the estimated times they give to retailers because it seems like they're always running late on their items. I don't expect a discount but they really need to work on that a bit more if you ask me. I get that quality control is a big deal and would rather get my figure without a bunch of issues but maybe they need more manufacturing facilities or people working on this stuff if it takes this long to get items out.

More people and more factories means less $$ to go around (at HT). Better estimates and forecasting are the keys here. And maybe starting particular licenses earlier if they care about releasing things to tie in with movie premieres.

I think the key here guys is hot toys must be honest with there release dates , if I was aware that the item would take a year then at least I would know where I stand but to give a release month of march and keep putting it back is ****ty. To put it into context I have a hand built car it was 2 months late due to production delays I can understand this as the correct laws have to be adhered too etc and the complication of the production process. But this is just a friggin little dolly.

More people and more factories means less $$ to go around (at HT). Better estimates and forecasting are the keys here. And maybe starting particular licenses earlier if they care about releasing things to tie in with movie premieres.
Yeah the biggest disadvantage to more factories/employees is that it would most likely mean higher prices in the end for us. I think they do need to do something though. On the one hand I get that they want to reveal items when the films are out and the timing is good to get people excited about ordering, but on the same token it's a bit annoying to order something and be given an estimate when to expect it and a lot of times that date is off. It would be one thing if it was a couple weeks off or something but when an item gets pushed back month after month it get a little old.

Last edited:

Yeah the biggest disadvantage to more factories/employees is that it would most likely mean higher prices in the end for us. I think they do need to do something though. On the one hand I get that they want to reveal items when the films are out and the timing is good to get people excited about ordering, but on the same token it's a bit annoying to order something and be given an estimate when to expect it and a lot of times that date is off. It would be one thing if it was a couple weeks off or something but when an item gets pushed back month after month it get a little old.

Welcome to the world of HT...
thing is despite my excitement waning for getting a movie figure a YEAR (or more) after the movie comes out...they STILL routinely sell out. I think HT doesn't care about delays..it doesn't really seem to bother sales.

I think I got a bit of nerd rage

I watched a vid of neny dee in hong kong at hot toys store they basically told him to **** off filming. How short sighted and arrogant of Hot Toys, if thats the case I dont think they will give a dam about products being late.

Last edited:

:goodpost::exactly:

You are spot on.

I totally get the nature of the high-end production of these figures--they take time to get right, especially at the mass produced level.

However, this does not excuse what has to be the worst release date estimation process in all of toydom. Whomever is in charge at Hot Toys of making release estimates is clearly working on a different calendar than the rest of the world.:slap :lol

Last edited:

I think Hot Toys just didn't anticipate The Avengers. They must've felt a lot of pressure to capitalize on that license at the expense of other pieces. They haven't seemed to have much problem with getting out the 'touch up' figures like Iron Man, Barney Ross, re-issues of Iron Man I, the Predators, the DX terminator and DX TDKR Batman etc. Unique figures seem to pose an entirely different problem.

I also suspect the costume could be part of the problem, look at TASM figure that was announced ages ago and there's been almost no mention of it since. This is why I'm not shocked at the 10 month window for MOS Superman.

We'll probably get her during Leo season which is fitting because it the lion sign. meow meow meow

I hope the suit is black like the movie and not a dark gray like recent pics make it look like

I think I got a bit of nerd rage

I watched a vid of neny dee in hong kong at hot toys store they basically told him to **** off filming. How short sighted and arrogant of Hot Toys, if thats the case I dont think they will give a dam about products being late.

Just watched that video. Seriously dude, those guys at the HK flag store are douchebags. I was there personally and got snubbed off by them. They make great figures but the people working for them are totally arrogant. Glad I don't have to preorder from that store. The guys working at the Enterbay store are far more nicer than them, too bad the quality of their figs isn't at the same level,....yet.

Back