1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Bumping the beauty.

3719_438422322862768_1898756597_n.jpg

Mad. This is the only HT TDKR figure I have interest in, seeing as Bane looks wimpy and Bats looks googly. :lol

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Well you are just a bag of contradictions aren't you? And a lot of your arguments are fatuous at best. Where do I start...

Well, I stand by assessment and my own generalisation. Nothing you said in reply changes anything. You have posited no substantive rebuttal or refutation of any kind. In fact, you basically just say the same thing again, only varying your words. What's the first rule of Film School? Buy a Thesaurus!

So, I suppose that I have to begin with this thought...If that is what the the people who are teaching Post-Grad film students are thinking, then it's no wonder that there really is such a dire overflow of utter bilge that passes for filmed entertainment these days.

The students, if this really is the academic view, are being taught that the audience does not think. Now you can say that people go to the cinema to escape from reality for 2 hours...that is certainly true. But I am sure that the average audience member does not then sit there for that 2 hours and believes everything on the screen has been real. So, with regards to this, I have to ask...Your 'case in point' STAR TREK. Just how many SF TREK geeks did you actually talk to/ask/study/conduct polls with to enable you to be able to realistically and authoritatively speak for them like that? Not many I'd wager.

For shame, and you the academician.

And besides which, I don't actually believe that there is this wayward group of marauding Trekkers that disowned the film because they thought the science was wrong, that's way too convenient an exemplar to just drop in like that here.

Also a film can be an all-show-and-no-go 'style over substance' Burtonesque film like BATMAN (1989) and still be entertaining to me...but the point is that I recognise it as such just as many did, that its visual appeal heavily outscores it's dramatic content.

You may have been addressing the film makers, but you (despite what you say) did also not hold back from having a pop at the audience too, in a back-handed complimentary manner.

I know that I have crossed and answered your replies to Monger, but it was a) all in the spirit of the post, and b) under the full knowledge that Monger is more than capable of piping in and confidently speaking for himself.

Offended? No. Just bemused.

Don't read between the lines mate. There's a major difference between people going to the cinema to get away from reality without over-analizing what they're watching and saying that they don't think. What I did write is: "Most people don't give any thought to plot development, character development, dialogue and performance when they watch movies..."

About them geeks, it's just an example, besides I said many, not all, not the majority, so basically, you're overgeneralising here. And I gave that example to help prove your point:
You are basically saying that it does not need to make sense, the dialogue can be dire, the plot be incomprehensible and the acting be terrible...but as long as there are stunts, explosions, lots of action and excitement and the odd flash of boobs, the viewing public would be too stupid to notice that it was actually a piece of crap.
Just in case you're taking it out of context again, this is what I wrote prefacing the bit that you seem to have a problem with:
"Most filmmakers rely on people's ignorance so that they don't get too analytical about the movie they're watching which would ruin the whole experience. "

Again, you're making the same point I did, in a way, with the bit you underlined. Remember this?
As you pointed out yourself, the tone and story flow and sountrack make the movie what it is, an enjoyable summer movie.

If you find that Burton's Batman is entertaining to you, that's fine and dandy but what part of your own post that can be considered objective?

I wasn't replying directly to Monger, was I? I mentioned him because his earlier post reads:
Looking back I think this movie was pretty bad and it really wasn't a worthy followup to the previous two films.
And I gave my two pennies worth. If you don't like it, then sorry mate. I though I can voice my opinion on online forum?

If my backhanded compliment is such a problem to you, then just say so and I'll apologize. Why are you having such a go at me? You came in late in the discussion and start throwing fits at me, is there any particular reason? I thought you said you weren't offended?

Ouch where do I come into all of this? :lol I haven't been following this thread much at all. Am I really the first person that comes to mind when it comes to hating TDKR?

Thought it was a misspelling of my User name.

Bumping the beauty.

Mad. This is the only HT TDKR figure I have interest in, seeing as Bane looks wimpy and Bats looks googly. :lol

Just noticed the stand, looks nice.

Don't read between the lines mate. There's a major difference between people going to the cinema to get away from reality without over-analizing what they're watching and saying that they don't think. What I did write is: "Most people don't give any thought to plot development, character development, dialogue and performance when they watch movies..."

About them geeks, it's just an example, besides I said many, not all, not the majority, so basically, you're overgeneralising here. And I gave that example to help prove your point:
You are basically saying that it does not need to make sense, the dialogue can be dire, the plot be incomprehensible and the acting be terrible...but as long as there are stunts, explosions, lots of action and excitement and the odd flash of boobs, the viewing public would be too stupid to notice that it was actually a piece of crap.
Just in case you're taking it out of context again, this is what I wrote prefacing the bit that you seem to have a problem with:
"Most filmmakers rely on people's ignorance so that they don't get too analytical about the movie they're watching which would ruin the whole experience. "

Again, you're making the same point I did, in a way, with the bit you underlined. Remember this?

If you find that Burton's Batman is entertaining to you, that's fine and dandy but what part of your own post that can be considered objective?

I wasn't replying directly to Monger, was I? I mentioned him because his earlier post reads:

And I gave my two pennies worth. If you don't like it, then sorry mate. I though I can voice my opinion on online forum?

If my backhanded compliment is such a problem to you, then just say so and I'll apologize. Why are you having such a go at me? You came in late in the discussion and start throwing fits at me, is there any particular reason? I thought you said you weren't offended?

Like I said, bemused. But no, it's not personal just opinion so no need for apologies. I thought we were just debating opinions.

I do not actually see where you are going with your BATMAN non-sequitur...only to say that if you think that my post lacks objectivity, you are right. It is my reaction to you seeming to want have your cake and eat it too, regarding your analysis....

People do not think too deeply about the films they are watching.

People do think too deeply and over analyse films (eg STAR TREK) and claim they don't like the film just because of fluff like "the science is not good."

Not the most consistent argument.

However, I do concede that I cam to this part of the thread late. But having said that, with my number of posts in it numbering in the 40's and yours only in the 50's out of a 2984 post count...neither of us really qualify as thread champions. :lol

Seriously, no offence is intended. I did not mean to 'have a go' at anybody...please don't mistake my mischievous nature for real bile.

Yeah, the stand looks nice and it seems to be taken from the movie poster. And I'd just noticed that there is a noticable gap between the nose bit of her mask and the nose itself plus there's a gap between the mask itself and the goggles. Looking forward to seeing what Maglor will do with that though it could just be me being too finicky.

Like I said, bemused. But no, it's not personal just opinion so no need for apologies. I thought we were just debating opinions.

I do not actually see where you are going with your BATMAN non-sequitur...only to say that if you think that my post lacks objectivity, you are right. It is my reaction to you seeming to want have your cake and eat it too, regarding your analysis....

People do not think too deeply about the films they are watching.

People do think too deeply and over analyse films (eg STAR TREK) and claim they don't like the film just because of fluff like "the science is not good."

Not the most consistent argument.

However, I do concede that I cam to this part of the thread late. But having said that, with my number of posts in it numbering in the 40's and yours only in the 50's out of a 2984 post count...neither of us really qualify as thread champions. :lol

Seriously, no offence is intended. I did not mean to 'have a go' at anybody...please don't mistake my mischievous nature for real bile.

People do not think too deeply about the films they are watching. >>> my point

People do think too deeply and over analyse films (eg STAR TREK) and claim they don't like the film just because of fluff like "the science is not good." >>> counter to my point but was addressed to point out the fallacy of an earlier post, NOT by you, but by our friend, Monger.

Call me paranoid, but how does "That's the best definition of the closed-of-mind 'Corporate' attitude I have ever read" not mean having a go?

But I see where you're coming from though I honestly don't see the point of totting up post count. Seems childish, don't you think?

Can't wait to see Guyver's pics with his DX12 and this kissing and holding each other. :lol:lol:rotfl

Well this sure is a confusing last few pages. Guess it's all too deep for me :lol

Bumping the beauty.

Is that how her butt looks? Oh man I know its a figure but that is unacceptable. If we want a buffer bane, then we should get a fake ass too. It's only fair...

Was just about to say looks like she got shovel booty. Cannot have that. Im an ass man.

People do not think too deeply about the films they are watching. >>> my point

People do think too deeply and over analyse films (eg STAR TREK) and claim they don't like the film just because of fluff like "the science is not good." >>> counter to my point but was addressed to point out the fallacy of an earlier post, NOT by you, but by our friend, Monger.

Call me paranoid, but how does "That's the best definition of the closed-of-mind 'Corporate' attitude I have ever read" not mean having a go?

But I see where you're coming from though I honestly don't see the point of totting up post count. Seems childish, don't you think?

Childish? Ouch! :) Touché. Your "...childish" and my "...closed of mind" makes it 'one all' I'd say. Shall we call it a draw and move on?

Kuroi namida nagasu watashini wa

No particles to help us with poor Japanese skills? You're killing me :lol

I'm guessing you're saying that you're crying black tears? This has my interest far more than the figure :slap

Why the ni after the watashi though? Especially without a space either. Stuff like this makes more sense when actually done in Japanese rather than romaji >_<

It's the end of one sentence and the start of another, that's why it makes little sense.

Kuroi namida nagasu
Watashi ni wa nani mo nakute kanashisugite

Ha it's from a song. With all that arguing nonsense, i injected my own randomness

Figure is beautiful, can't wait to get it from sideshow. The whole "butt" issue shouldn't be one as Anne was very thin but curvy for her role. A bigger butt wouldn't be movie accurate.:)

Need to buy this girl and shave her hair, making a Les Miserables figure with my Wolverine.

Back