1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

That's the point innit? Me saying that I love godfather trilogy, that's me being subjective. Our personal preference can/should not be imposed onto others.

Oh I just recalled a pretty badly or in my books from recent days but may step on a few toes myself Expandable 2 was horrible in my books. I remembered 1 to be entertaining. Like I said for me to say something as bad and even pretty bad it has to reach a really low level. Everything else you see as badness I see a typical and average ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

When I first saw BB I thought meh pretty good movie. It just felt like yet another batman. Still very cool cause I love the character.

Then I saw TDK I was blown away. Here I thought wow they are going to have a hard time topping this one with the third installment. This movie set the bar for all future super hero movies.

Lastly I saw TDKR. I knew going in it wasn't goi g to top the last but I was still optimistic. Bane was a good choice for a villain but his voice was horrible. I couldn't stop laughing everytime I heard him talk. But the performances felt real. It was a good way to end the trilogy. I really enjoyed the emotional moments with Alfred and Bruce. Very real and very moving.

I liked it but I still think TDK is the most real comic book movie of all time. There are other greats but this will always be my favorite.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

When I first saw BB I thought meh pretty good movie. It just felt like yet another batman. Still very cool cause I love the character.

Then I saw TDK I was blown away. Here I thought wow they are going to have a hard time topping this one with the third installment. This movie set the bar for all future super hero movies.

Lastly I saw TDKR. I knew going in it wasn't goi g to top the last but I was still optimistic. Bane was a good choice for a villain but his voice was horrible. I couldn't stop laughing everytime I heard him talk. But the performances felt real. It was a good way to end the trilogy. I really enjoyed the emotional moments with Alfred and Bruce. Very real and very moving.

I liked it but I still think TDK is the most real comic book movie of all time. There are other greats but this will always be my favorite.

Agree with you on most everything... with the exception that I didnt think TDKR was very moving or interesting...

The reason TDK is so good its because its the ONLY REAL BATMAN MOVIE in the trilogy... You don't spend anytime building up Batman...he's already batman when the movie starts. In his prime. Also you don't spend time with him crippled or hobbled or broken deciding if he wants to be batman again like in the third movie. Instead TDK is just a hero and a villain going toe-to-toe. Its a shame they didnt try that again with the third. I dont agree with the need to 'tie-up' the trilogy and end it neatly. But that's just me.

Agree with you on most everything... with the exception that I didnt think TDKR was very moving or interesting...

The reason TDK is so good its because its the ONLY REAL BATMAN MOVIE in the trilogy... You don't spend anytime building up Batman...he's already batman when the movie starts. In his prime. Also you don't spend time with him crippled or hobbled or broken deciding if he wants to be batman again like in the third movie. Instead TDK is just a hero and a villain going toe-to-toe. Its a shame they didnt try that again with the third. I dont agree with the need to 'tie-up' the trilogy and end it neatly. But that's just me.

I agree and I think one of the reasons why TDK is such an amazing movie is the fact that throughout the movie you get a clear sense of danger and chaos whereas with TDKR it's almost like a full on political satire and you don't feel like there's any real threat from the nuke because the flow of the story gets interrupted every now and again by questionable plots like Bruce-Talia relationship (what's her motivation for sleeping with someone she hates?), Bruce in the pit (seems like it's in a totally different continent, how did he get back to Gotham?), etc. which don't really take you away from the main storyline though it affects the movie as a whole.

And Bane as a villain feels more like James Bond gone rogue, very collected and very motivated and he even speaks like Sean Connery although to be fair, that's exactly how he is depicted in the comic books.. apart from the accent.

Another reason is because you see people die in all kinds of horrible manners in TDK whereas TDKR feels like a PG movie where people die of gunshots without bullet holes and/or blood. Speaking of violence, TDK's fight scenes feel like something out of Bourne trilogy (Matt Damon) whereas TDKR feels like Peter Griffin's fight with the 6 foot tall Chicken. One is there for a reason and the other feels forced.

All good comments! But this has to do with the catwoman figure what?

Because Catwoman is in the movie. And the relevance ends there.

Speaking of the figure, do you think that maybe we can strip it to the point where we can add some bulk to her pelvic area and back?

Because Catwoman is in the movie. And the relevance ends there.

Speaking of the figure, do you think that maybe we can strip it to the point where we can add some bulk to her pelvic area and back?

I don't know but i doubt it, probably like the dx12 suit, where as it would be nice to be able to strip it to remove the thigh expanders, but to do so would mean cutting open the suit. I fear cat woman will be the same

Haven't been on this thread in awhile, has her mask been confirmed as remove able?

Not that I know off, and no pictures of such have surfaced

Well that sucks. But oh well, I wouldn't display her unmasked anyways, I'm still on the fence about her right now.

Another reason is because you see people die in all kinds of horrible manners in TDK whereas TDKR feels like a PG movie where people die of gunshots without bullet holes and/or blood. Speaking of violence, TDK's fight scenes feel like something out of Bourne trilogy (Matt Damon) whereas TDKR feels like Peter Griffin's fight with the 6 foot tall Chicken. One is there for a reason and the other feels forced.

This is a really good way to put it. I had a problem with the fighting as well. Really unemotional and basically meaningless.

Monger might not agree with me, but TDKR is weaker than BB and/or TDK as a movie. Hype clouds people's objectivity and to be fair that's also the beauty of 21st century movies. As you pointed out yourself, the tone and story flow and sountrack make the movie what it is, an enjoyable summer movie. Most people don't give any thought to plot development, character development, dialogue and performance when they watch movies. So it's all down to subjectivity. But of course, as a movie, it's weaker than BB and TDK due to all of those 4 factors I mentioned earlier and more. Fun factor, on the other hand, is somewhat better than TDK which is already superior to BB.

I'm not most people.

I'm also not "Monger".

Meh. People go ae**** over Ben Kenobi in Star wars ('77) and he's got little to no more character developement that Catwoman in TDKR. Don't get me wrong I love Alec Gunniess in that movie, but characters like that are merely a catalyst. The get the ball moving and are pretty much useless come the third act.

Still I dug Hathaway's Catwoman and the subtleness between Kyle and her thief persona. Could she have been more drawn out? Absolutely. But I don't think that wil keep me from putting the Cat on shelf. An I'm hardly the biggest Nolanversenuthugger.

I wish we saw more of Bane's origin. Even watching it for the first time and that 1% vs 99% started going I thought "Uh oh, this is going to eat up a lot of time."

I'm not most people.

I'm also not "Monger".

Ouch where do I come into all of this? :lol I haven't been following this thread much at all. Am I really the first person that comes to mind when it comes to hating TDKR?

Most people don't give any thought to plot development, character development, dialogue and performance when they watch movies....

That might be true of you, but not me.

That's the best definition of the closed-of-mind 'Corporate' attitude I have ever read. You are basically saying that it does not need to make sense, the dialogue can be dire, the plot be incomprehensible and the acting be terrible...but as long as there are stunts, explosions, lots of action and excitement and the odd flash of boobs, the viewing public would be too stupid to notice that it was actually a piece of crap.

This is the same stale attitude that has held SF and Fantasy back for decades. But then, when someone like Chris Nolan (and there have been many before, as well as many yet to arrive) comes along and proves that it does not need to be that way...suddenly it's like a new art form has been discovered.

The DARK KNIGHT Trilogy prove that a fantasy based character like BATMAN can be done and still have some internal logic, make sense and still be compelling and enjoyable.

They are far from perfect (just how did Bruce get back into Gotham?) and I have used a few broad generalisations in the past myself but your generalisation was too broad even for me!

Oh and of course people take into consideration plot development, character development, actor performance, etc... People really like to generalize that the main stream are mindless sheep, but this is far from the case. We live in an educated society :/ That doesn't mean there are not many who turn their brains off before watching a movie, but that does imply they are far from the majority. Or at the very least, it is highly dependent on the movie and age of the viewer. People going in to see Expendables 2 probably have no intentions of deeply analyzing it for philosophical undertones. Some films just dress to impress. Others go for some more complex flair. The audience is similar in that regard.

That might be true of you, but not me.

That's the best definition of the closed-of-mind 'Corporate' attitude I have ever read. You are basically saying that it does not need to make sense, the dialogue can be dire, the plot be incomprehensible and the acting be terrible...but as long as there are stunts, explosions, lots of action and excitement and the odd flash of boobs, the viewing public would be too stupid to notice that it was actually a piece of crap.

This is the same stale attitude that has held SF and Fantasy back for decades. But then, when someone like Chris Nolan (and there have been many before, as well as many yet to arrive) comes along and proves that it does not need to be that way...suddenly it's like a new art form has been discovered.

The DARK KNIGHT Trilogy prove that a fantasy based character like BATMAN can be done and still have some internal logic, make sense and still be compelling and enjoyable.

They are far from perfect (just how did Bruce get back into Gotham?) and I have used a few broad generalisations in the past myself but your generalisation was too broad even for me!

Sorry to offend you sir. It's just a bit of an honest critique. That part in bold is a gross generalisation, isn't it? Also, it's not a 'Corporate' attitude but academic.

Most people watch movies to be taken away from reality so I'm strongly behind what you're saying. However, you're taking my point way out of context. Read my earlier post:

Hype clouds people's objectivity and to be fair that's also the beauty of 21st century movies. As you pointed out yourself, the tone and story flow and sountrack make the movie what it is, an enjoyable summer movie.

I do have a postgrad degree in filmmaking and what I wrote in earlier posts were not only my personal view but also the view of the people who study films as an art form. I love the fact that you're taking it personally when the ones I'm actually having a go at are the filmmakers.

Oh and of course people take into consideration plot development, character development, actor performance, etc... People really like to generalize that the main stream are mindless sheep, but this is far from the case. We live in an educated society :/ That doesn't mean there are not many who turn their brains off before watching a movie, but that does imply they are far from the majority. Or at the very least, it is highly dependent on the movie and age of the viewer. People going in to see Expendables 2 probably have no intentions of deeply analyzing it for philosophical undertones. Some films just dress to impress. Others go for some more complex flair. The audience is similar in that regard.

I agree with you except for the bits in bold because they suggest that every society regardless of where we live is an educated one. Fair enough if what you're saying is that your country is an educated society (though some, like me, might disagree with that). I'm also interested to know what you mean by

"That doesn't mean there are not many who turn their brains off before watching a movie, but that does imply they are far from the majority"

That sounds to me like a logical fallacy, furthermore, you're saying that based on what? Just because you know and do take those things in mind whilst watching a movie does not mean that eveyone does. Most filmmakers rely on people's ignorance so that they don't get too analytical about the movie they're watching which would ruin the whole experience. Proof in point is Abrams' Star Trek. General public loved it, but because some sci-fi geeks know more about physics and because there are a lot of fantastic out-of-this-universe science involved (do they actually expect scriptwriters to be as informed as freakin' Hawking just to write a sci-fi script?), they didn't like the movie.

At any rate, let's just agree to disagree. Let's not get too highbrow and insted let's discuss Selina's 4rse.

Sorry to offend you sir. It's just a bit of an honest critique. That part in bold is a gross generalisation, isn't it? Also, it's not a 'Corporate' attitude but academic.

Most people watch movies to be taken away from reality so I'm strongly behind what you're saying. However, you're taking my point way out of context. Read my earlier post:

I do have a postgrad degree in filmmaking and what I wrote in earlier posts were not only my personal view but also the view of the people who study films as an art form. I love the fact that you're taking it personally when the ones I'm actually having a go at are the filmmakers.

I agree with you except for the bits in bold because they suggest that every society regardless of where we live is an educated one. Fair enough if what you're saying is that your country is an educated society (though some, like me, might disagree with that). I'm also interested to know what you mean by

"That doesn't mean there are not many who turn their brains off before watching a movie, but that does imply they are far from the majority"

That sounds to me like a logical fallacy, furthermore, you're saying that based on what? Just because you know and do take those things in mind whilst watching a movie does not mean that eveyone does. Most filmmakers rely on people's ignorance so that they don't get too analytical about the movie they're watching which would ruin the whole experience. Proof in point is Abrams' Star Trek. General public loved it, but because some sci-fi geeks know more about physics and because there are a lot of fantastic out-of-this-universe science involved (do they actually expect scriptwriters to be as informed as freakin' Hawking just to write a sci-fi script?), they didn't like the movie.

At any rate, let's just agree to disagree. Let's not get too highbrow and insted let's discuss Selina's 4rse.

Well you are just a bag of contradictions aren't you? And a lot of your arguments are fatuous at best. Where do I start...

Well, I stand by assessment and my own generalisation. Nothing you said in reply changes anything. You have posited no substantive rebuttal or refutation of any kind. In fact, you basically just say the same thing again, only varying your words. What's the first rule of Film School? Buy a Thesaurus!

So, I suppose that I have to begin with this thought...If that is what the the people who are teaching Post-Grad film students are thinking, then it's no wonder that there really is such a dire overflow of utter bilge that passes for filmed entertainment these days.

The students, if this really is the academic view, are being taught that the audience does not think. Now you can say that people go to the cinema to escape from reality for 2 hours...that is certainly true. But I am sure that the average audience member does not then sit there for that 2 hours and believes everything on the screen has been real. So, with regards to this, I have to ask...Your 'case in point' STAR TREK. Just how many SF TREK geeks did you actually talk to/ask/study/conduct polls with to enable you to be able to realistically and authoritatively speak for them like that? Not many I'd wager.

For shame, and you the academician.

And besides which, I don't actually believe that there is this wayward group of marauding Trekkers that disowned the film because they thought the science was wrong, that's way too convenient an exemplar to just drop in like that here.

Also a film can be an all-show-and-no-go 'style over substance' Burtonesque film like BATMAN (1989) and still be entertaining to me...but the point is that I recognise it as such just as many did, that its visual appeal heavily outscores it's dramatic content.

You may have been addressing the film makers, but you (despite what you say) did also not hold back from having a pop at the audience too, in a back-handed complimentary manner.

I know that I have crossed and answered your replies to Monger, but it was a) all in the spirit of the post, and b) under the full knowledge that Monger is more than capable of piping in and confidently speaking for himself.

Offended? No. Just bemused.

Back