1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? Cause I voiced my thoughts on a figure I paid money for?
So much fanboy rage.
:lol

How many HT figures have a thread dedicated to how much it sucks?

So, you never heard of the Exclusive Batman Begins/Bruce wayne figure :lol

The Medicom Catwoman is the superior figure.
MAFEX-Dark-Knight-Rises-Catwoman-Teaser.jpg

And you say there is no trolling... :offtopic:

Why? Cause I voiced my thoughts on a figure I paid money for?
So much fanboy rage.
:lol

Heck, there's a thread about the mask breaking. How many HT figures have a thread dedicated to how much it sucks?

Back on topic, this figure should have EASILY been lowered $70. It's obvious HT had no interest in the character and rushed it out to meet fan demand.

The Medicom Catwoman is the superior figure.

So why buy a figure you think is inferior in the first place?? Makes no sense to me. Must be nice to have money to "waste".

And the thread about the mask breaking is exactly what it is, about the mask breaking, not about how much the FIGURE sucks, just the MASK, and it seems 80% or so of folk have solved the mask problem, and are able to take it off and put it in at will.

But I'm not here to argue, just do some research next time and maybe you won't be disappointed.

I heard that Hot Toys was going to introduce something along the lines of Flexpay; you get to pay the percentage of price for a figure based on the percentage of likeness perceived.:rolleyes2

I also have a bridge for sale and a large Nigerian inheritance, a large sum of which can be yours with the required banking information.:lol

All joking aside, people can have their own opinions. I think the likeness is pretty damned good.

Yeah... So how do they decide the price? ... Just outta the air! ... I mean its amazing, i spend money, you spend money and if i dont like something i cant say a thing! ...

Wow. As far as your bridge and nigerian inheritance, kinda figured you are in that business ;) ...

No offence taken... None given ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You should probably cancel your wait list then. And stop reading this thread.

Kind of hard to justify any HT product then, because every single head sculpt they've ever produced is off in some way. Some more than others, but IMO, Selina's is a bit above their middle road when you have the mask on.

Hmmm... Godfather, joker 2.0, whiplash, aldo, leon (enterbay)??? These to me are worth every dollar.
They have not yet got a single female headsculpt right. I think the prettiest head sculpt they had was amber, but again i have said this before and saying again thats cause jamie is just so pretty that anything that looks remotely like her is good enough.

I am a simple man who respects money. I spend a lot but that does not mean i have to like every single thing they make. I have the right to buy and complain, not buy and complain, buy and appreciate and not buy and appreciate.. As a collector i respect everyones views and dont start rolling sidey ones, and hope others are mature to not do the same.

When i first received her, i saw her otta the box, it dint do much for me, kept next to the batpod and left it at that. 200 dollars for the head sculpt and just a mask and gun. Money has value bud.

I am a simple man who respects money. I spend a lot but that does not mean i have to like every single thing they make. I have the right to buy and complain, not buy and complain, buy and appreciate and not buy and appreciate.. As a collector i respect everyones views and dont start rolling sidey ones, and hope others are mature to not do the same.

:goodpost::exactly::clap

Yeah... So how do they decide the price? ... Just outta the air! ... I mean its amazing, i spend money, you spend money and if i dont like something i cant say a thing! ...

Wow. As far as your bridge and nigerian inheritance, kinda figured you are in that business ;) ...

No offence taken... None given ;)

Nothing personal.:lol

Just having a laugh.

Thanks bud!... Seriously man, in todays economy each figure is a comfort cars monthly installment. As most of us buy, 12-14 figures a year, the toleranace is zero for me as of now on the quality and look and feel aspect, especially the head sculpts. Rest dont matter as much to me.

I don't understand the point of this image...

Exactly. Medicom does not have a Selina Kyle figure in any format or scale. No one is sure why you brought it up.

Hmmm... Godfather, joker 2.0, whiplash, aldo, leon (enterbay)??? These to me are worth every dollar.

That's great. I wouldn't pay $100 for a godfather figure - the only one in that list that I even care remotely about is Leon, and it's not a Hot Toys figure. And there's plenty wrong with the Enterbay figure like with every Enterbay figure. The quality is simply not remotely close to Hot Toys, but you're still paying high prices, and in case of aftermarket, sometimes insane prices. Follow the Leon thread to read about all the work that figure needs.

Besides, a head sculpt is not the complete figure. Likeness has nothing to do with price, even though it may affect how you perceive value. The Hot Toys body alone is worth more than most company's entire boxed figure.

They have not yet got a single female headsculpt right.

Ugh. Hot Toys have not a single sculpt, male or female that is perfect. It's pretty easy to find a handful of flaws with absolutely every single sculpt. I don't have the Black Widow figure, but almost every image I've seen from other members looks amazing. Much better likeness than Selina to Hathaway.

Another great example of price and value is the Alice figure. The head sculpt is easily at the bottom of the Hot Toys likeness list, but the figure as a whole is excellent, despite also the insanely oversized a55. I paid $155 for it. Indiana Jones is another example - sure I'd like the sculpt to look a lot more like Harrison Ford, but I love the product regardless. And the likeness isn't about being "good enough" - it's the product as a whole has enough value for me (and others) to warrant collecting.

I am a simple man who respects money.

Then you should examine your values - unless of course you meant something entirely different.

that does not mean i have to like every single thing they make.

No one's saying such a thing nor trying to curb anyone's opinion. But there's a difference between not liking something and writing about it. Just look at the inane off-topic trash talk the other guy is going on about. At least I'll give you credit for contributing to the discussion. But as a precursor to your next point, don't forget the purpose of this thread. This isn't the bash Selina Kyle figure thread.

I have the right

Oh my. Right? Actually you (we) don't have any rights whatsoever here. Posting to this forum is a privilege and you'd do well to remember that. This forum is publicly accessible but it's privately owned and maintained - how it's run and whether it runs at all are up to the decision of its owners.

Money has value bud.

Money's only value is what it can buy at any point in time versus the effort expended to earn it. But I don't think that's of relevance to the likeness of a sculpt, especially in this discussion. No one, including yourself have made any arguments on the basis of value except to shout that a non-perfect sculpt shouldn't cost $200. Hardly any point in that without some discourse to explain it. Besides, many people would not place even remotely similar value on any 1/6 product, regardless of the perceived level of quality and likeness by a collector. Eye of the beholder and all that jazz you know?

in todays economy each figure is a comfort cars monthly installment. As most of us buy, 12-14 figures a year

You're making a lot of assumptions and I don't think you really have any facts at all to base any of them on. Three of them in that one sentence alone.

... Wake me up when you are done reading your own post. Holy cow. Thats a lot of words - my ipad is 20 pounds heavier now... ;)

Exactly. Medicom does not have a Selina Kyle figure in any format or scale. No one is sure why you brought it up.

medicomrahcatwoman4.jpg

This isn't the bash Selina Kyle figure thread.

Show me ANYWHERE in the thread title that says 'Only post positive comments'.

Oh my. Right? Actually you (we) don't have any rights whatsoever here. Posting to this forum is a privilege and you'd do well to remember that. This forum is publicly accessible but it's privately owned and maintained - how it's run and whether it runs at all are up to the decision of its owners.

jrexrPU.gif

Last edited:
Back