1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

It's not silly at all, you guys are just being ******s about this and I'm not sure why. It's just as bad as all the people that were crying and whining on Facebook about the DX 09 Batman not having a Bruce Wayne Keaton sculpt (despite the fact that he was never shown in suit without the cowl).

The argument this time is even worse though because it ruins the quality of the figure. Make the mask removable and it makes them even more fragile and/or cheap. People will complain about it scuffing the headsculpt or the flesh turning black around the eyes or nose (like what happens with figures with sunglasses like Terminators). Then "oh, my mask snapped, I have to glue it" or "it's too hard to get on". It causes more problems, it's that simple.

I can't believe people are so obsessed with this idea of having her sans mask. She's NEVER like that in the movie, not once. A removable mask just makes the figure less durable.

You got the goggles going up above her head and rotating around her eyes, JUST like in the film. Why the **** do you want more? Anne Hathaway's likeness? It's right there in the figure. Her eyes, her mouth, the nose, it's all there with a mask and the goggles up.

:goodpost::goodpost::exactly:

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

I don't think they're going to make significant changes now. Either the mask was designed as removable, or it is not. Besides, it may not have even been up to Hot Toys to allow Anne Hathaway's full likeness to be part of this item in the first place.

We won't know until she comes out. We still don't know if The Boss can zip up the jumpsuit up past her chest.

And Fabio's entire argument relies on the faulty reasoning that having the mask be removable guarantees it will be fragile, leave stains, and otherwise be full of quality control issues. At this point I think this company can handle making a pair of goggles.

Yup, we don't know, although you have to wonder why HT wouldn't promote the fact that the figure can be displayed as either Catwoman or Selina Kyle unmasked, right?

Either way, doesn't bother me.

If the mask is removable, great!

If it's not, I'm still getting it as I enjoyed the movie and thought the character was a highlight.

Last edited:

Hot Toys is more than capable of making the mask removable WITHOUT people having to worry about it falling off or breaking.

Give me a break, they can make something as complex and intricate as the Gantry or The Bat but they can't make a removable domino mask?

Comparing this to the 89 Batman figure is nonsense, that came with 20 other things to make up for a lack of a Keaton head, plus there is always the promise of the Keaton head coming with Returns Batman.
In this case this is likely to be the only Anne Hatheway CW/Selina Kyle figure HT ever makes, they didn't even need to include an extra head. All they needed to do was engineer the mask to be removable.

Yet another sign of HT's complacency and monopolistic control over this market. If EB had 1/6 TDKR license i'd bet you my house we'd be seeing removable masks.

We won't know until she comes out. We still don't know if The Boss can zip up the jumpsuit up past her chest.

And Fabio's entire argument relies on the faulty reasoning that having the mask be removable guarantees it will be fragile, leave stains, and otherwise be full of quality control issues. At this point I think this company can handle making a pair of goggles.

in that scale, the plastic is bound to be fragile unless its made of metal and that will cause other problems. stains do occur when black is involved, idk why, but seems to happen more times than we would like it to happen. not to pick sides as i want a non-removable and removable sculpt.

Hot Toys is more than capable of making the mask removable WITHOUT people having to worry about it falling off or breaking.

Give me a break, they can make something as complex and intricate as the Gantry or The Bat but they can't make a removable domino mask?

Comparing this to the 89 Batman figure is nonsense, that came with 20 other things to make up for a lack of a Keaton head, plus there is always the promise of the Keaton head coming with Returns Batman.
In this case this is likely to be the only Anne Hatheway CW/Selina Kyle figure HT ever makes, they didn't even need to include an extra head. All they needed to do was engineer the mask to be removable.

Yet another sign of HT's complacency and monopolistic control over this market. If EB had 1/6 TDKR license i'd bet you my house we'd be seeing removable masks.

:goodpost::goodpost::exactly:

in that scale, the plastic is bound to be fragile unless its made of metal and that will cause other problems. stains do occur when black is involved, idk why, but seems to happen more times than we would like it to happen. not to pick sides as i want a non-removable and removable sculpt.

Nah, I'm just making this **** up.

Void and Monger have Hot Toys and Enterbay T-800s, they've never had that problem with the stains or marks. Small thin parts like 1/6 goggles would never be fragile, we've never had that problem with this scale or company before. The mask will go on easily, we all know this.

I'm wrong.

This thing needs a removable mask, 1/6 pearls, a 1/6 flash drive, another head (with different make up considering the mask eyes are done differently) and like, 4 alternate Barbie outfits that she wore throughout the film for the OCD nut bags that are never satisfied and love to burn their hard earned cash on redundant pieces for their collections. Anne Hathaway as Christopher Nolan's Selina Kyle is the selling point here, not Catwoman.

anyway i'm still loving this release!! if only i could find a way to afford it...

the head sculpt is fantastic though (no complains yet from anyone here that i've managed to read)
i just hope when the mask is removed, the anne likeness is there

Maybe the stain possibility could be eliminated by not painting it black on the inside. Just on the outside and any points that are visible.

This thing needs a removable mask, 1/6 pearls, a 1/6 flash drive, another head (with different make up considering the mask eyes are done differently) and like, 4 alternate Barbie outfits that she wore throughout the film for the OCD nut bags that are never satisfied and love to burn their hard earned cash on redundant pieces for their ****ty collections. Anne Hathaway as Christopher Nolan's Selina Kyle is the selling point here, not Catwoman.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

then people will complain that the price is similar to hulk's.

:thud:

Maybe the stain possibility could be eliminated by not painting it black on the inside. Just on the outside and any points that are visible.

true! :exactly:

but correct me if i am wrong, seems like all the base plastics are usually black in colour and then painted on?

Sideshow Freaks Forum = "Neversatifiedwithanything" Freaks Forum... this same old song and dance is getting so tired... remember when it used to fun to collect and talk about it?... yeah, me neither. :/

M.

true! :exactly:

but correct me if i am wrong, seems like all the base plastics are usually black in colour and then painted on?

I'm not an expert on plastics but I doubt that's the case. There's so many toys that are painted black but then when you damage them and the black paint chips off, there is a clear toned base behind it.

SSC said it goes up today, according to their twitter.

Hair haters are ****n nuts. It could not have been any other way. Sparrow has dreads, so it works for him... not this figure. Soft rubber hair would look hideous on this.

This hair looks perfect.

I'm not an expert on plastics but I doubt that's the case. There's so many toys that are painted black but then when you damage them and the black paint chips off, there is a clear toned base behind it.

ah i see. well that would be good to prevent staining!
:yess:

Back