1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Awesome poses. Link saved!

Here is another Superman Review if it havnt been posted

https://www.elljay-hobby-collection.com/2011/12/19/superman-christopher-reeve-1987-ver-ht-mms/

6537702027_fa9188f9e0_b.jpg

Ordered myself one, I've always been a bat fan but this is such an iconic figure I couldn't resist

anyone having trouble with the clear post holding Superman up leaning forward? Mine has a very prominent lean to it now.

Does anyone know of any tutorials for how to remove Supes costume? I'm thinking of buying a loose costume and swapping it for the one he's wearing. The first fig I received had a gouge on his forehead with a bunch of snags in the fabric - however the shield was perfect. BBTS sent me a replacement. This time the HS is perfect but the shield is crooked and only one snag/run. I'd rather not risk returning him again since the HS is perfect, but the shield and the run in the fabric across his leg is really bothering me. Plus I serioulsy doubt BBTS would send me a second replacement. So has anyone swapped their costumes?

I had the same problem with mine. The suit itself is pretty easy to remove, just be gentle to avoid any snags. I undid the snaps attaching the cape to the suit before unzipping it down the back.

The hardest part? Removing the belt buckle. Since it is glued, you will probably have to slide a xacto knife under the buckle to break the glue bond. The belt buckle has a peg that fits into a hole on the end of the belt, but this will have to be reglued once you suit Supes back up. Don't worry if you screw it up - the belts are pretty cheap on Ebay.

Much easier than unsuiting the Superman Returns Supes figure. Shame to have to do this on a $200+ figure.

anyone having trouble with the clear post holding Superman up leaning forward? Mine has a very prominent lean to it now.

Ya...you have to heat up the base to get the pole in better. Mine is doing the lean but I'm cool with it as it allows for a very convincing flying pose.

I had the same problem with mine. The suit itself is pretty easy to remove, just be gentle to avoid any snags. I undid the snaps attaching the cape to the suit before unzipping it down the back.

The hardest part? Removing the belt buckle. Since it is glued, you will probably have to slide a xacto knife under the buckle to break the glue bond. The belt buckle has a peg that fits into a hole on the end of the belt, but this will have to be reglued once you suit Supes back up. Don't worry if you screw it up - the belts are pretty cheap on Ebay.

Much easier than unsuiting the Superman Returns Supes figure. Shame to have to do this on a $200+ figure.

Thanks for the advice - I really appreciate it. And you're right that we shouldn't have to do this to a $200+ figure. I'm gonna try to get a snag-free suit off Ebay. There are plenty for sale and most seem to be from China. Any chance these suits were never on a figure in the first place? I'm wondering if these sellers were somehow able to get these suits from Hot Toys before being put on Supes.

No. Is yours anchored into the base far enough?

got my Ex yesterday. 10/10 for me. Awesome.

No. Is yours anchored into the base far enough?

yes, it goes all the way down into the hole. There is a tone of play though. It seems the hole is a lot bigger then the pole. *insert jokes here*:clap

So I called SSC about the mysterious hole in my Superman's upper right leg (in the plastic, not the fabric). They said that they are looking into getting me a replacement body, but they are not sure if they'll be able to get me one.

They also looked at an unclothed version of the Muscle body, and they said that there are no caps/holes on the upper right leg that could possible cause the aforementioned hole. :( :S Big boo boo on Hot Toys' behalf.

This really sucks :( It's really very noticeable, and I don't want to risk damaging this figure and fixing it myself. Nor would I want any money back, I just want a good Superman... Has anyone had any luck trying to contact Hot Toys directly?

Haha. I don't think that guy left an achievable pose out. Simply stunning work.

I really love these two, as well as the one above.

6537638373_061c0c69a9_b.jpg

6537644347_575e6cf39e_b.jpg

I like the lower one. Contemplating changing mine to that.

So I called SSC about the mysterious hole in my Superman's upper right leg (in the plastic, not the fabric). They said that they are looking into getting me a replacement body, but they are not sure if they'll be able to get me one.

They also looked at an unclothed version of the Muscle body, and they said that there are no caps/holes on the upper right leg that could possible cause the aforementioned hole. :( :S Big boo boo on Hot Toys' behalf.

This really sucks :( It's really very noticeable, and I don't want to risk damaging this figure and fixing it myself. Nor would I want any money back, I just want a good Superman... Has anyone had any luck trying to contact Hot Toys directly?

You may want to direct Sideshow's attention to this auction where you can visibly see the cap and tell them to stop jerking around their customers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HOT-TO...108?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6ce7b6cc

Last edited:

Show them this picture, which shows the covered hole. If they had given that reply in e-mail form, I would include that as well and tell them you don't appreciate being lied to, and to give you a replacement or get a supervisor.

Picture264.jpg

Thanks so much for those pictures guys!!! You are awesome!

Sending them to SSC right now! Will keep you posted :)

Back