1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Got my supes from alteregocomics today very nice figure but..... a few nits!
Had a snag, right arm where the hand goes needs glued together, and the plastic piece that was around the neck left marks. Anyone had that piece do the same?
DSC_00012.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

Had a snag, right arm where the hand goes needs glued together, and the plastic piece that was around the neck left marks. Anyone had that piece do the same?
DSC_00012.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

I have an issue with the left wrist joint being stuck, I can't rotate it in the lower arm wirst socket! I'm scared to force it... And I don't have a cape issue like your's sorry!

I'd put in for a return. If you have those problems in addition to what looks like a crooked symbol, this should be an easy return. Go get a good one, buddy.

This time I ordered from Alter ego. I usually use BBTS and decided to change to Alter Ego because BBTS usually gets their stuff later. This time it is the oposite. I feel like I am always last to get my figures.

Thanks to those of you that posted about taking a hair dryer and heating up the base to make the crystals fit in properly. Took 5 minutes and what a difference it makes. Thanks again.

same here. i had to do the same thing.

I really, really dislike the cape. I took the wire out of it.
It's hangs more naturally, but I might also water treat it.

100_3016.jpg

Personally, I think you made a mistake by doing that. If it were a lifesized cape it would have a lot more folds and curves than you'll be able to achieve by just letting gravity do it's thing. With this scale and in this material you need the wire in order to get those folds. Only something similar to velvet or what they used for Leonidas' cape will be able to achieve that.

Personally, I think you made a mistake by doing that. If it were a lifesized cape it would have a lot more folds and curves than you'll be able to achieve by just letting gravity do it's thing. With this scale and in this material you need the wire in order to get those folds. Only something similar to velvet or what they used for Leonidas' cape will be able to achieve that.

I disagree and want to take mine out also, but I won't

Here is some quick shots of mine.
da42d5e7.jpg

f83f980e.jpg

83e0c726.jpg

32fea35c.jpg

Now some nitpicks...
Belt doesn't latch correctly and when looking on the left side angle its ugly...
568ff41f.jpg

d7870b74.jpg

I've since glue it will the smallest amount of adhesive, which I hope will be enough for it to hold...

So now I can pose him without worrying about the belt...

It's ok Robo... I got this!
01cf6d7c.jpg

34c7748a.jpg

Nice collection of Superman figures^ I hope they make an official General Zod.

OT but whats the most anyone here would pay for that Superman Returns Clark Kent figure?

So the crooked S is a common flaw. I just don't know how they mess that up. What's the first thing you notice on a superman costume.

Got mine yesterday.

Overall, it's a fantastic toy and I would have been ecstatic to have this when I was a kid. Head sculpt is nicely done and as always - the paintjob is exceptional. I wish I could paint like these Hot Toys factory workers! J.C. Hong really knows how to do this stuff.

Costume color isn't too bad (it's too blue but not as bad as I feared), but the lycra they've used is too sparkly. I hadn't really noticed that in any pics posted so far but in hand - it's practically glittering.

Cape material is weird - almost like a velvety type of material. WTF???

Chest and cape logos are bad (particularly the cape logo).

All of these critiques are coming from someone who has spent a long, long time studying this costume and having displays made in various scales ranging from full size to 1/4 scale. I've also seen an authentic Reeve costume in person, so know exactly what color and appearance this fabric should have.

I was disappointed that it doesn't seem to be possible to put his arms down in a relaxed pose to match the manhattan skyline publicity pics. That's how I was going to display him but the muscle body doesn't seem to allow it.

Mine will be off to ebay shortly if there's no people interested in buying it here on the forum. I was lucky to get a correctly placed chest logo thanks to Wai Man at OneSixthBruce who checked it before he shipped it to me.

Chris

Last edited:

I'd be down if HT made a Dru-Zod figure. :rock

I'd be down if HT made a Dru-Zod figure. :rock

It'd be great if it had a sound chip. "KNEEL before Zod!", "Is there no one to even challenge me?", "you WILL bow down before me Jor El! Both you and one day your heirs", "Then DIE as you deserve to". So many great lines.

Costume color isn't too bad (it's too blue but not as bad as I feared), but the lycra they've used is too sparkly. I hadn't really noticed that in any pics posted so far but in hand - it's practically glittering.

Cape material is weird - almost like a velvety type of material. WTF???

Chest and cape logos are bad (particularly the cape logo).

I was disappointed that it doesn't seem to be possible to put his arms down in a relaxed pose to match the manhattan skyline publicity pics. That's how I was going to display him but the muscle body doesn't seem to allow it.

Mine will be off to ebay shortly if there's no people interested in buying it here on the forum.

Interesting. The one I got was ALL KINDS OF AWESOME :yess:

He looks like he's wearing a wind breaker with the wire in, it's completely useless for static poses, IMO. Obviously the intent for the cape, is not to be used for static poses, but s*** happens.

Now I've removed it, I'm completely happy. :pfft: :wink1:

Back