1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Sorry KneelBeforrSmallville, but that post just won't do. In an effort to strive for perfect grammar and spelling I decided to post a comparison between what you posted and how it should be.

Also your name, I suggest you alter it. While I can clearly see that you have meant before, it's just inaccurate to what I feel it should be. Please drop the second "r" and add and e.

Thanks.

In your efforts to encourage the user known as "KneelBeforrSmallville" to use proper grammar, you were grammatically incorrect. I quote "Please drop the second "r" and add and "e"." What you should have stated was "Please drop the second "r" and add an "e"."

Sorry KneelBeforrSmallville, but that post just won't do. In an effort to strive for perfect grammar and spelling I decided to post a comparison between what you posted and how it should be.

Also your name, I suggest you alter it. While I can clearly see that you have meant "before", it's just inaccurate to what I feel it should be. Your handle name could and should be better. Please drop the second "r" and add and e.

Thanks. Oh, and I also sent this to your facebook wall as well just in case you can't see it there.

Sorry for my poor grammer and profile name , You seemed like a real cool guy on the boards but i didnt know you were an english professor. Ill be shure to cite my sources next time.

In your efforts to encourage the user known as "KneelBeforrSmallville" to use proper grammar, you were grammatically incorrect. I quote "Please drop the second "r" and add and "e"." What you should have stated was "Please drop the second "r" and add an "e"."

Well played sir! :hi5:

Courtesy of Gretzky99 at toysdaily,

An article from "The Sun" HK newspapers

Excerpts from article,

- Ht had long planned to do CR's Superman but it was only in recent years did Warner started releasing it's licence;
- PERS was initially planned for him but resulting effects were deemed 'average' during production so was reverted back to the usual painted eyes;
- cape is wired;
- No plans for a CK version in the short-term future;
- the initial plan for a light up fortress base was scraped because HT was unsatisfied with the resulting uneven light dispersion.

Damn, a light-up Fortress base would have been more cool.:thud:

So that's why they decided to just settle for a MMS.

Thanks for sharing! :wink1:

May I ask, did you mean 100% perfection when you stated "...my post is now 100$ perfection."? If not, then I would like to add another correction. To begin with, "100$" should be "$100." Also, I would like to denote the following statement as a fallacy, "...my post is now $100 perfection," under the pretense that $100 cannot buy perfection, nor is perfection worth $100. Furthermore, your post is not by any means perfect. Have a wonderful evening, Mr.DiFabio.

:lol just as Batfan and Void were making an awkward but steady progress in a different topic direction.

Jaroto mate, among the many, many posts you've made that have been slightly different iterations of the same tired sentence, this one shines through:

"seriously guys, the more I watch pics and compare them, the less I like the sculpt. I insist HT made a bad decision hiring Kim. Im out."

You're like a spaniel humping this thread's tired denim-clad leg with your incessant bleating about this sculpt. You insist you don't like denim and you're out, but here you are, time and time again, humping that leg for all its worth.

ok ok Im sorry i accept im a little stubborn. I will try to change that.

OH MY GOD at the complaining going on around here! What is wrong with you people and you darn entitlement issues. All you're doing is ruining the experience we're supposed to be enjoying by seeing the reveal of a piece of art for everyone else. It may not be perfect, afterall it was sculpted by a human being who is far from being able to reproduce a perfect object. Now don't go pointing out his Bruce Lee, I own Enterbay's Way of the Dragon figure, it's near perfect, but not. This Chris Reeve sculpt is an artist's representation of perhaps the greatest actor to portray a beloved American icon. It's near perfect, and I'm not really sure he could deliver any better (may he dash that statement with a smiling Clark Kent figure). But it's depressing to see how many people are ungrateful people are at how hard HT has worked at creating the appropriate body, suit and headsculpt for this piece. Shameful. Now quit ruining it for others ... jeeze. /Rant Off/

Wow that's a little much isn't it? :slap

But I agree with the rest of your sentiment :goodpost:

Shop Front Display @ 29 May 2011

2011-05-29.jpg

figuremaniac.blogspot.com

Courtesy of Gretzky99 at toysdaily,

An article from "The Sun" HK newspapers

Excerpts from article,

- Ht had long planned to do CR's Superman but it was only in recent years did Warner started releasing it's licence;
- PERS was initially planned for him but resulting effects were deemed 'average' during production so was reverted back to the usual painted eyes;
- cape is wired;
- No plans for a CK version in the short-term future;
- the initial plan for a light up fortress base was scraped because HT was unsatisfied with the resulting uneven light dispersion.

Yeah, thanks for sharing and translating the article! I noticed in the article, the pictures are a little different and I noticed for the first time that there is a little button on Superman's shoulders to secure the cape. I went back to look at the official promo shots and I can see them on those as well. Anyone know if that is being used just for the prototype to keep the cape in place? Is this going to be on the final figure? I'm a little worried about how that will look if I pose the cape in different ways.

His eyebrows are too arched.

Wonder what the deal is with the big seam running down the side of his neck.

Prototype. Guaranteed that won't be on the final figure. It's like the blue tack on Berserker's plasma cannon (seen at SDCC) or how HT used the v1 TDK Batman for promo/display with the new DX head simply because they didn't have the final body ready. It's just a placeholder.

ok ok Im sorry i accept im a little stubborn. I will try to change that.

Well that was unexpected, well done! You have clearly mastered the first stage of your addiction and are ready for the second stage. PM me if you need a sponsor :wave

I'm thinking Xmas light mod for the base.:monkey1

Also, I would like a very beautiful box as well. With foam. In fact all figure's from here on out should be packed in foam. Nice, Soft, N.A.S.A F.O.A.M.:ring

now they are some nice pics! it looks so much better on them, are they from the video that was posted?

i love the colours on the costume, for someting only 1/6 in size, i can see it having a lot of presence

not sure if that makes sense

Back