1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Then I'm happy to be a lunatic because this sculpt is indeed mediocre.

Well, don't get me wrong, it's a "beautiful" sculpt, but a very "mediocre" Reeve sculpt. This Supes is a perfect generic Supes, but I'm still looking for the CR likeness.

And if you don't understand why some peoplep call it mediocre, then please check the custom section for Eric Sosa's sculpt, you may have a revelation!

As for HT, I'm starting to beleive they could sell ____ in cans and everyone would be happy! And of course, you get bashed if you don't share this universal opinion that HT is the god of 1/6. For the price we're willing to pay and they ask, we're entitled to get perfection. This is not perfection, just tolerable!

well, to be fair, i guess likenesses can be quite subjective. it's perfectly reasonable i'm seeing something close to perfect and you're not. i remember i had the problem when the origins wolverine figure came out and everyone could clearly see jackman and i was having trouble seeing it.

as for sosa's sculpt, i'm not sure which one that is. there are so many custom supes threads.

No, you wouldn't be happy. Then you'd complain about the cheekbones being 1mm off. Or the spitcurl was too long and sharp. Or his eyes are just a shade lighter blue than they should be. Or his skin tone was too pink. Or the neck was too wide and would be hindering articulation. Or his smile lines weren't defined enough. Or the hairline wasn't perfect.

Sometimes you have to understand that you won't get perfection from a mass-produced product. It will never happen. Stop picking out problems and enjoy the hobby instead of playing the armchair quarterback. If it's that big a deal, don't buy the damn thing. In the end, all you are is another hypocrite until you just stop buying the products you deem to be unacceptable.

Look how far they've come from that. Sometimes you have to accept that perfection isn't attainable, even from the beloved customizers. Not one of them could produce a reasonably-priced alternative to this.

:hi5: :clap

No, you wouldn't be happy. Then you'd complain about the cheekbones being 1mm off. Or the spitcurl was too long and sharp. Or his eyes are just a shade lighter blue than they should be. Or his skin tone was too pink. Or the neck was too wide and would be hindering articulation. Or his smile lines weren't defined enough. Or the hairline wasn't perfect.

Sometimes you have to understand that you won't get perfection from a mass-produced product. It will never happen. Stop picking out problems and enjoy the hobby instead of playing the armchair quarterback. If it's that big a deal, don't buy the damn thing. In the end, all you are is another hypocrite until you just stop buying the products you deem to be unacceptable.

Where did you read in my posts that I was asking for perfection? All I'm asking for is ACCURACY. The last time I read of its definition, accuracy doesn't mean 100% perfection, just an acceptable level of near-original status. Accuracy and perfection are two different words... :slap

Please stop insisting like you know what would make me happy. It's not rocket science. I ALREADY WROTE/SAID what would make me happy. If you can write then it'd be safe to say you can read too. :rotfl

And had you read my earlier posts, I already said I'm not buying it, so again, don't insist on that "don't buy it" thing. :slap

The only hypocrite in all this is the person who will insist that this is an accurate Reeve. :yess::yess::yess::rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

If you're not buying it, get out of the thread and shut the hell up about it. You've got nothing invested in it, so why keep making the discussion miserable for those who are reasonable human beings?

If people with only a passing knowledge of the Reeve Superman films can take one look at a headshot of this figure and know who it is without hesitation, it's accurate. What would make you happy isn't attainable in a mass-produced product, so you're flat-out being petulant and unreasonable and your only goal is to piss and moan about it in an attempt to troll the people who think it's a great product.

You will be buying it in the end, though.

Remember that this is what we got a few years ago.

hottoyssuperman.jpg

Look how far they've come from that. Sometimes you have to accept that perfection isn't attainable, even from the beloved customizers. Not one of them could produce a reasonably-priced alternative to this.

:lecture:rotfl:lecture:rotfl:lecture:rotfl:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

If you're not buying it, get out of the thread and shut the hell up about it. You've got nothing invested in it, so why keep making the discussion miserable for those who are reasonable human beings?

If people with only a passing knowledge of the Reeve Superman films can take one look at a headshot of this figure and know who it is without hesitation, it's accurate. What would make you happy isn't attainable in a mass-produced product, so you're flat-out being petulant and unreasonable and your only goal is to piss and moan about it in an attempt to troll the people who think it's a great product.

You will be buying it in the end, though.

Oooooh, touchy :clap:clap:clap. Reasonable human beings know the difference between accuracy and likeness hahahahahha

So, you're miserable just because of my posts? Maybe you should be the one to get out of the thread :rotfl:rotfl

Some people just need to know the definition of "accurate" :rotfl:rotfl

Hahahaha, no, I'm not buying it hahahahhaha

The only Chris Reeve Superman collectible I'm buying will be the more accurate one, if HT decides to make one. If not, once more for the audience, I'm not buying it :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

even though its movie-accurate (though maybe a little too much in your face YELLOW)

I HATE THAT BELT.

Worst looking belt ever easily. :p

ah well, was going to pass on this figure anyway, never been a supes fan, though if ever there was a superman, it would be reeves.

You'll buy it. You won't swallow your pride and show it off here, but you'll buy it. The lady doth protest too much and so on and so forth.

I'm not miserable at all, honestly. I just feel like I'm conversing with Carlos Mencia here due to the whole laughing at your own "jokes" thing.

As crow said, if you aren't buying it, why are you in this thread? There are about a hundred others just like you, so you don't have to worry about your "cause" not being heard. Does your opinion really mean that much to you that you have to say pretty much the exact same thing as other people?

You'll buy it. You won't swallow your pride and show it off here, but you'll buy it. The lady doth protest too much and so on and so forth.

I'm not miserable at all, honestly. I just feel like I'm conversing with Carlos Mencia here due to the whole laughing at your own "jokes" thing.

So you like Honduran comedy? You have good taste :lol:lol

But, sorry to disappoint you, I'm not wasting my money on an inaccurate sculpt. THEN I would be laughing at Mencia's jokes hahahahhahaha

For someone who's such a stickler for reading comprehension, you sure missed the point of my Mencia reference.

You'll still buy it.

As crow said, if you aren't buying it, why are you in this thread? There are about a hundred others just like you, so you don't have to worry about your "cause" not being heard. Does your opinion really mean that much to you that you have to say pretty much the exact same thing as other people?

Are you saying that you don't think your opinion matters, that your opinions don't mean much to you? Then why are you in a discussions board, if your opinion don't mean much to you? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Look, guys, I'm not here to argue on whether you're right or I'm wrong, or vice versa. I'm just stating what I think about a product, much like you are stating yours. I'm not calling you names or flaming you just because you think and see differently, so why do that to me? Can't we just get along and respect each other's views? You like this figure, then go buy it, and when you receive it, enjoy it, display it, take pictures and post them, be happy with it, and I'll be happy for you. BUT, just to be fair, wouldn't it be nice if you're happy for me too, that I didn't buy it because it didn't reach my expectations?

It would be a nicer and kinder world if we all just learn to get along... :wave:wave

2011-05-29.jpg

figuremaniac.blogspot.com[/size][/url]

Wow! Now, isn't that an, " In yo face" to the Cinemaquette piece. :lol

Quick question, Are we getting that back drop, too? They seem to be using it a lot on their display.

We would get along if everybody would just shut up about whether or not it needs "tweaking."

First 100 pages: "Looks awesome! Can't wait to PO :rock"

Page 101: "Just doesn't look like Reeve to me.:dunno"

Next 103 pages: "Are you CRAZY!?!?! It looks PERFECT!!!!!!!"

"Does not!"

"Does too!"

"Does not!"

"Wow, that PS IS purrrfect!"

"Yeah, HT PLZ make it l00k like dis!"

"Shut the hell up, haterz."

It is so annoying. I swear I want to start a separate "Hot Toys Superman _____ing and complaining thread."

Thing would be mighty fine and kosher if every other post wasn't someone posting that PS manip and saying, "HT PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!!1!!!1! :lol :lol :lol "

If you have something valid to say, by all means say it. Posting the same thing over and over isn't valid. It's obsessing over something a talented PS user did that isn't attainable in a mass-produced product.

The thing is, this happens over and over. Proto pictures are released, people obsess over ridiculous minutiae, then when it's in-hand everyone ____s a brick because it looks great. You're freaking out over pictures of a 1/6 sculpt that point out every single flaw since everything's magnified to hell and back.

Then, when it finally is in-hand, the people screaming "INACCURATE AND MEDIOCRE" from the rooftops are the ones in the commerce forums posting "WTB" threads and paying inflated prices for a piece they claimed they wouldn't buy based on the pictures.

Last edited:

Thing would be mighty fine and kosher if every other post wasn't someone posting that PS manip and saying, "HT PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!!1!!!1! :lol :lol :lol "

If you have something valid to say, by all means say it. Posting the same thing over and over isn't valid. It's obsessing over something a talented PS user did that isn't attainable in a mass-produced product.

That's where we disagree.

There's nothing about the changes proposed that are not attainable in a mass produced produced, except for MAYBE the neck thickness as it may hamper poseability

That's where we disagree.

There's nothing about the changes proposed that are not attainable in a mass produced produced, except for MAYBE the neck thickness as it may hamper poseability

The changes proposed are so small that they aren't attainable thanks to imperfections that will arise from the manufacturing process. Maybe some guy making a run of 10 pieces and hand-sculpting everything will be able to attain near-perfection, but products being made in a giant factory just won't be able to reach that standard.

Again, I'll just point out the massive magnification these pictures put the sculpt through and how every little imperfection is highlighted. In-hand, 99% of the problems people are freaking out over won't be an issue to anyone but the people who refuse to drop their arguments.

now they are some nice pics! it looks so much better on them, are they from the video that was posted?

i love the colours on the costume, for someting only 1/6 in size, i can see it having a lot of presence

not sure if that makes sense

if you mainly collect 1/6, sure, it will have lots of presence because of the base. Not the case if you collect mainly 1:1 and 1:4 though :monkey1

The thing is, this happens over and over. Proto pictures are released, people obsess over ridiculous minutiae, then when it's in-hand everyone ____s a brick because it looks great. You're freaking out over pictures of a 1/6 sculpt that point out every single flaw since everything's magnified to hell and back.

Then, when it finally is in-hand, the people screaming "INACCURATE AND MEDIOCRE" from the rooftops are the ones in the commerce forums posting "WTB" threads and paying inflated prices for a piece they claimed they wouldn't buy based on the pictures.

Blablabla everytime, the headsculpts are re-worked and it's MAYBE because the hot toys guys are nitpicking too with theirs art..

Well then, if one finds it inaccurate, should he just say WOW and ACCURATE just to please everyone else?

Again, no one's complaining about the LIKENESS. Some, like me, are commenting, or maybe even complaining, on and about the ACCURACY.

:slap:slap:slap

Yes, Virginia, there are still a lot of English-speaking people who don't understand English... :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back