1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

i'm not sure why people were too worried about the S on the back

despite the difference in opinion about the head sculpt, Hot Toys are keen to achieve as much detail as possible, I hardly thought they'd miss the S off the back

as for the HS, I look at it this way (despite being a newbie) - this is a 1/6th scale piece of art, you're never going to get 100% accuracy, at least not often

i'm not saying people should accept a figure that is completely innaccurate, i'm just saying that considering the sizes that these things are, to get the likeness where it is now is incredible

if you go back to our childhood there was nothing like this but we loved them still, we just expect too much. and it's not like the tech of the time really has anything to do with it as this is still down to a human being and the talent they have.

it's fine having your opinion, and i'm certainly not bashing anyone for airing it, but as said before, just bring down the expectation and enjoy it!

and as an artist myself, i can tell you how dang hard it is draw christopher reeve, but then maybe i'm doing it wrong, he just has such a defined facial structure it's hard enough to get down in 2d!

PS. I want that kryptonite! DinoLast - do you think oneseixthbruce will be able to get hold of the EX?

hawk.jpg

What he said :lecture :exactly:

Geez come on SS it's been a day already put up the pre-order page :D

A portion of this collectible figure’s sales benefits will be donated to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation by Hot Toys Limited.

Think u may want add to that... as I'm sure ebay sellers/dealers will not be donating any of their profits/benefits - Think its Toy Hunters only.

I know it's stupid, but I got so excited I pre-ordered from a top rated 100% ebay seller.. Claims he will have the first batch, BS I'm sure! I want 3 or 4 of these! Now c'mon SS put your pre-order up and don't do what you did with the ____ing telescope with Sparrow!

Is anyone else thinking that the reason we didn't get a DX with Clark stuff is because of those fans who constantly pressured HT?

Not that matters, I'll have the Exclusive pre-ordered as soon as it's up!

Last edited:

Because we might get a seperate Clark later. . .

That's what I'm wondering, honestly I would've mind seeing this guy get rehashed with a ton of extra gear and the googley-moogley eyes in the next few years lol. However, on the topic of this figure, it's simply stunning. It is the best Reeve likeness I've seen yet, the suit looks very accurate,and his base really complements the figure. It seems as though HT were going for that very first shot of him in the film in their promo pics, he looks amazing in poses as well.

Hmmmm....the sculpt turned out to be a bit better than the leaked pics. If they can just tweek it a little before it goes out then it would be cool. One thing I don't like is lack of accessories. I mean the Krypto chain is good but they could have thrown in a green crystal or an american flag or something like that. Am guessing the Kryptonite ball will become available to Sideshow customers only and the other retailers will bump their prices up due to the limited nature of the item and forget about ebay prices. Also dude....could have made the base light up...it would have been perfect (am sure modders are on top of that idea already). We get the original HT's style base so I guess its alright but who'd wanna use that when you have the crystal base. All in all I think its a very good effort but throw some more free stuff in their !!! If this figure is priced low due to the lack of accessories and features then I'd be happy to buy this. I just know it that HT's will re-release this with a two in one with 2 head sculpts....talking about 2 head sculpts....why did we only get one with this huh ?!!! We got serious now we need smiling !!

Amazing and the stand is very nice^^

Amazing piece.........the only dilemma is were to buy for the exclusive. Great work HT :clap

The exclusive will probably be through Sideshow, and Toy Hunters.

@breakersrevenge. Just seen your LayAway option for the Supes figure and it sounds good...will be the first time I preorder from a OneSixthBruce !

Does OSB have the exclusive edition?

So did anyone complain about the lack of ankle articulation yet? :wave

Back