1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Duh. Hang him from a string.

When I was a kid I had a 12" Superman Toy that literally hanged from a string, you could attach it to the ceiling and the string was attached to his waist. He had a propeller on one of his boots and would fly in circles, it was awesome!!
:rock
I'm not sure if it was a bootleg, but I've never seen one since...

Next, for those in the L.A. area... On June 11th, at The Chinese 6 on Hollywood Blvd, they are showing Superman & Superman II (the Donner Cut) including a discussion with Richard Donner and a DC Entertainment panel with Jim Lee and Geoff Johns. Look up herocomplexfilmfestival for the details (as I don't have them handy right now.)

That's really cool! :rock!

When I was a kid I had a 12" Superman Toy that literally hanged from a string, you could attach it to the ceiling and the string was attached to his waist. He had a propeller on one of his boots and would fly in circles, it was awesome!!
:rock
I'm not sure if it was a bootleg, but I've never seen one since...

That's really cool! :rock!

Use to have one that was a glider. He was about 1/6 scale too.

oh, damn, I didn't know SS was stingy like that. I like the ex too. I'm sure you Canadian guys can get a freak that isn't interested in this piece, to get you guys the Ex and ship it up there to you.

Showed this to my girlfriend and she's order two exclusives and three regular. And she doesn't even collect 1/6. Just likes it and the idea that a portion goes to charity. By the way those are for her, I ordered my own.

So, slightly off-topic, question to those of you who have made/bought custom CR Superman figures, what are your thoughts now?
I have a few custom figures (most notably the Nanjin Star Trek trio) and have never had a customized figure get the Royal HT treatment later on.
I wonder how I would feel about my Trek figures if HT made figures of them as well. If I would keep my custom figures alongside HT's, or if I would sell them off.
The closest I can think of is the multiple Alien figures I have, or the Medi-Vader and SST-Vader. I don't feel the need to sell off my Medi-Vader, even though I don't have him displayed anymore.

oh, damn, I didn't know SS was stingy like that. I like the ex too. I'm sure you Canadian guys can get a freak that isn't interested in this piece, to get you guys the Ex and ship it up there to you.

We can order, thats not the problem. Its paying for (signature required) shipping. Its like $40 or something stupid. I think they use UPS or Fedex.

BRILLIANT!!! What the problem is with some of you...I don't know! A MUST!!!

Ordered a second through AE.... I didn't realize that I had 35 bucks in points sitting there, so grabbing a second for 165/shipped was a win-win. :rock

Us canadians cant order the exclusive, because we live in north america. The exclusive is in the contenenal us and europe. I mean seriously, they can ship it to europe but not canada??

This Canadian ordered the Exclusive. :wave :moon :lol

This Canadian ordered it as well. I think what SS means is that it's only available from them, but nowhere does it say they can't ship it to us unless I'm understanding wrong.

Is Nobody else pissed of that flying poses shown CANT BE POSED??

You CAN'T have this superman in a flying pose on your shelf, the Stands will only allow for vertical poses, so half of the images of this figure cant be done once you have the figure.

This was the most iconic flying character HT has done and the one that DEMANDED a new base design for forward "Horizontal" flying poses.

I love the figure but HATE the advertising of poses that cant be done, BOO HOT TOYS for photoshoppong un-feasable poses and leading the customers into thinking they can be done in-hand. :pfft:

And his ankles look like they have limited range of motion so no feet pointed downward when in "flight".

W00t!!!! ORDERED!

We can order, thats not the problem. Its paying for (signature required) shipping. Its like $40 or something stupid. I think they use UPS or Fedex.

I doubt it. I order from them and it never costs me that much. Even my War Machine Maquette that cost $550 + $25 shipping only had a tag of $40 or so dollars when it got here. Don't forget that it's built in the US so there's the "free trade" agreement that kicks in as well.

oh, I see...........for those that already ordered, there's no special code for the free shipping thing on this right?

Back