1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

And you have unquestionable proof of this statement? :wave

Come on Void, the HT artists are pros. They know when a sculpt is off and needs refining, which I am 99% sure is what happened in this case. It's up to the talent of the artist. All the whining in the world didn't get Indy fans as good a sculpt of Ford as this is of Reeve. If you want to put your chips on the other 1% to validate the incessant whining we've seen in this thread that's cool and the gang, but I don't buy it.

Thanks for the pics OMG. I guess the next few pages will be the same pics quoted over and over again. Really hate that. Looks amazing though.

As do I. Can't people just quote one pic or just the bit of text? Its not like no one will know what you're talking about.

If all the "whining" had anything to do with the headsculpt being tweaked. To the "whiners" I'd like to say .....

Thank you :D

It is obvious that if this forum and everyone here who asks for perfection for these very high priced collectables are the ones to thank for Hot Toy's re-design of the head sculpt. The fact that they did go ahead and do a re-sculpt when they had lots of pre-orders on a "good enough" sculpt for most shows a company that listens to its supporters. My hats off to Hot Toys, you make all of us proud so far. Now lets hope the majority are free of defects for everyone.

It is obvious that if this forum and everyone here who asks for perfection for these very high priced collectables are the ones to thank for Hot Toy's re-design of the head sculpt. The fact that they did go ahead and do a re-sculpt when they had lots of pre-orders on a "good enough" sculpt for most shows a company that listens to its supporters. My hats off to Hot Toys, you make all of us proud so far. Now lets hope the majority are free of defects for everyone.

m93k0.gif

Come on Void, the HT artists are pros. They know when a sculpt is off and needs refining, which I am 99% sure is what happened in this case. It's up to the talent of the artist. All the whining in the world didn't get Indy fans as good a sculpt of Ford as this is of Reeve. If you want to put your chips on the other 1% to validate the incessant whining we've seen in this thread that's cool and the gang, but I don't buy it.

I get that they are pros, but they can only handle so much at one time. My assessment is this:

Arnie Kim put out two, subpar initial sculpts with Indy and Supes.
Fans cried and cried, HT had Arnie address the faults with Supes, but they wanted to release Indy in the same time frame, so he was neglected as Arnie couldn't do two things at one time.

Of course my guess is as good as any, but this is how I see it.

Secondly, this is a forum to discuss views and opinions, a big part of that is discussing how prototypes shown can be improved, so of course there will be mass whining when an iconic, long awaited character's proto is shown and the sculpt appears not to meet expectations

Oohhhh it will be a great day when he lands on my doorstep.

denial is a river in egypt

I get that they are pros, but they can only handle so much at one time. My assessment is this:

Arnie Kim put out two, subpar initial sculpts with Indy and Supes.
Fans cried and cried, HT had Arnie address the faults with Supes, but they wanted to release Indy in the same time frame, so he was neglected as Arnie couldn't do two things at one time.

Of course my guess is as good as any, but this is how I see it.

Possible, but I reckon Arnie can do at least two things at one time. His whole working day devoted to refining a single sculpt at the expense of another? Mmmnot with you on that one :)

Secondly, this is a forum to discuss views and opinions, a big part of that is discussing how prototypes shown can be improved, so of course there will be mass whining when an iconic, long awaited character's proto is shown and the sculpt appears not to meet expectations

:nono there's whining and there's repeated incessant whining. You must know this thread has been full of repeat offenders who would've been called out as trolls in any other thread :)

Actually, I'm really happy I was among the whiners and nitpickers. Maybe t didn't change anything or maybe it did. Whatever, if I hadn't nitpicked and we'd ended up with the proto, I would have been furious with myself for not having, at least, tried!

denial is a river in egypt

You should be posting in the sandbox 'stupid jokes' section :)

Actually, I'm really happy I was among the whiners and nitpickers. Maybe t didn't change anything or maybe it did. Whatever, if I hadn't nitpicked and we'd ended up with the proto, I would have been furious with myself for not having, at least, tried!

:lol good for you 16K, a good take.

C'mon, you're an Aussie. You know how it works - especially here. If you want to be heard get a vocal, persistent minority to keep making noise about their issue. Bad news spreads fast - especially when it's a photoshopped comparison pic.

BUT

I think you're right about it making 1% difference. They probably always intended to tweak/fix it. It's all very clever marketing.

Sure the artists know it's off. Releasing a proto that is sub-par generates discussion (600+ pages here alone). Gets people talking and thinking Hot Toys. Regardless of your point of view, we're all doing exactly what they want - discussing the figure.

Regardless of your point of view, we're all doing exactly what they want - discussing the figure.

...which is freaking awesome. Unboxing this is going to be... well, I may need several bathroom breaks.

After finally getting Spiderman the other day I'm nicely stoked about getting this.

...if that sculpt was changed, it wasn't changed much.

After seeing OMG's pics, I can barely tell the difference between them now. Wouldn't surprise me on bit if that was the same sculpt as before. :monkey1

Back