MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Prison Break/Pirates of the Carribean was the turning point. Thats when they really started to improve. Their first few figures were so bad :lol

Their overall figure quality yeah, but I belive Rambo 3 was HT's first figure release with Yulli, when sculpts started to hav great likenesses and maybe even JCs early paint work. Rambo 3 was a shocking figure on many quality levels.

Still not sure I'd be bothered with the other characters other than Dolph Lundgren but yeah, pics can change everything. Its just that I've been waiting for a decent Stallone to put on the shelf. I'll take this one for older Sly and maybe they'll make some version of younger Sly at this standard too.

I know it's not screen accurate, but you could use the white Wolverine tank to really show off the tattoos, necklaces, and muscles.

I am buying a second of this figure for that purpose, body and head to go with the big gun :D

RAM4.jpg

Yeah, but doesn't the body this new figure come with have tattoos?

Anyhow, this guy looks amazing. Fantastic accessories and I don't have a single nitpick with the headsculpt. Statham will be a toughie for sure, now. He has a fairly distinctive face, but it's easy to make some minor mistakes and get him looking like your average soldier. I sense a Death Race bash...

Those arms can achieve a rifle-firing position, right?

I wish they had a pic of him in that pose. This is the closest thing to it, but it's not chest height:

theexpendablesbarneyros.jpg

It looks really good. Thankfully, I won't be buying this one and I can save some money, but I'm sure it's a definite purchase for any fan of the film.

Never seen the film and had hope because of that fact I wouldn't be tempted to buy this. But this photos are tempting me. :slap

Just amazing.
Resculpting a little and this piece should make for an amazing Lincoln Hawk Custom.

And I said it a few times in real life and now here:
I think Stallone doesn´t look that botoxed anymore.
I think he just looks again like himself, just older.
And to me that´s awesome...

Back