MMS121 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ali032373: Amazing work on those whiplash bro! Love the electric effect! Hopefully, you could somehow find a way to hide to electrical wirings behind him so that he could be displayed neately. Congrats!!!

Thanks. I did the wire hiding bit last night. The wires are bound and go up the arm, around the mechanical stuff on each side of his back, down the back of his pants through each leg and then out holes I cut on the calf portions of the pants. Then the wires will run along the back edge of the display shelf and then down.

Thanks. I did the wire hiding bit last night. The wires are bound and go up the arm, around the mechanical stuff on each side of his back, down the back of his pants through each leg and then out holes I cut on the calf portions of the pants. Then the wires will run along the back edge of the display shelf and then down.

I was wondering, because the power use on EL wire is so low, could you run a smaller gauge wire so that its not as visually intrusive?

I used 22 gauge wire like the EL wire folks said to do. Once I tucked them all tidily away you can't see the wires.

Here's how the wires got laid out:

IMG_20110316_192940.jpg

IMG_20110316_193119.jpg

IMG_20110316_193048.jpg

Finally got him on the shelf and the wires tucked away. I slightly lowered the pulse rate on one of the inverters so it looks slightly more random.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/qehXMxIG94s?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/qehXMxIG94s?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Price has been lowered to $151.99 at BBTS. I still can't pull the trigger on this guy. So much on PO and summer vacations not far away. I need a raise

This guy looks so incredible, and the headsculpt in my opinion is one of their very best. It's a shame the figure has almost no options for poseability.

Back