MMS121 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the start.

IMG_20101011_233327.jpg

...oh my...I may have to try for this. It looks great so far Robbie. Nice work.

^^Wow thats awesome looking ..but i think a more white yellowish would look better and more screen accurate.

I did see some white and yellow ones on ebay.

So how is it powered? ..does it have to be plugged into the wall?(if so i have just lost interest:()

..also did you see how it looks with the plastic power effect over that? ..id imagine it would look cool.

nice work! Are you going to try to also bring it to the back of his rig?
:borg:

Im working on that. I need to get more wire. I did this just to see how it would look and so people could see there is possibilities with this stuff. The problem is the pivot point where the two units meet. Not designed to have a solid line running through it. So I think Im going to do it in two parts. That way I dont change the design. The down side is this stuff really isnt vary bright. It has a good glow but not like the cathodes being used for light sabers.

Calcifer- it's battery operated but Im rigging mine to plug in. I like to leave stuff on and the battery will only last a couple of days. I started to put the "electric crackles" on but I didnt find it appealing so I didn't bother finishing it. They make a really thin version of EL wire that Im thinking about adding to it for the crackles. It bends like normal wire so you can get some really sharp angles. That and some modeling I bet I can get the look of the original but one that lights up.

Hello everyone, I just scored a Whiplash off Ebay for $150 shipped. Just wanted to let people know that I've been seeing him go for between $130 and $160 shipped.

Attachments

• jjoes.jpg
    jjoes.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 5
Had a $75 GC from Comic-Con that I wasn't sure what I wanted to use it on. Saw that they had moved this over to GC status and decided to go ahead and get this guy. Will go great since I also have War Machine coming in and hopefully the Mark IV soon.

Back