1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Canceled this to put funds into other things. Figured I only needed one character from a franchise and Joker is by far the one to get.

There's going to have to be for the PERS, it's unavoidable.

i hope there aren't any seams as well and according to this picture, there doesn't appear to be any, unless they swapped batman's head to the sonar head for picture from behind.

Now that I think of it though, I have no idea how PERS is even going to fit in Batman, Joker's neck is sculpted so there's no need for room for the ball joint in the head, Batman looks to have the 2 jointed neck. I'm going to be very interested in seeing how they work this out. The way Joker's PERS is done is seemingly impossible with Batman. Also, Joker's head is deeper front to back because of hair, Batman has a tightly cowled head.

I guess anyone's guess could be right at this stage, but having Joker and knowing exactly how the PERS works now, I can't conceive of how it'll work on Batman.

So if the protoshoots are to be believed then PERS can only be accessed through the mouth?? That be quite the feat as how would they even assemble it all without any seams? This is going to be interesting afterall :D

The thing to keep in mind is, PERS isn't really about the "joystick" which is what people really seem stuck on. :lol

PERS simply means = Parallel Eyeball Rolling System. How HT makes those eyes rotate (roll) is up to them. People are expecting the exact same set up as the DX Joker and I get the feeling that the mechanism to move the eyes is going to be completely different for the DX Batman. Could be wrong.. but I think the mechanism will be accessed through the mouth opening (when you remove one of the swappable mouths) and it might be as simple as this:

*prepare for a fast and crude MS paint pic* :D

crudev.png

So there's a small lever accessible through the mouth opening. You simply slide the lever from left to right or up and down and it moves the eyes. Simple concept and it's just one possibility.

Thing is though, the thought of us big handed gentlemen trying to control that ish through such a tiny opening is maddening to say the least. :lol:lol:lol

crudev.png

love this...:rotfl

(I agree btw, access from behind the mouth plates makes sense and is a clean way to do it....and I'm with you on the meaty paws - we're gonna need tweezers ;))

That would be a ????? to do though........Devil how could you fit your manly fingers in there?! :lol

Plus I don't would be a able to do a circular motion

Maybe the eyes will move to whatever position the head turns to... or some form... eyes stay centered but the head moves. Giving the impression the eyes are moving when it's just the head. Maybe the mechanism is in the neck itself rather then the head. The head being the trigger.

The thing to keep in mind is, PERS isn't really about the "joystick" which is what people really seem stuck on. :lol

PERS simply means = Parallel Eyeball Rolling System. How HT makes those eyes rotate (roll) is up to them. People are expecting the exact same set up as the DX Joker and I get the feeling that the mechanism to move the eyes is going to be completely different for the DX Batman. Could be wrong.. but I think the mechanism will be accessed through the mouth opening (when you remove one of the swappable mouths) and it might be as simple as this:

So there's a small lever accessible through the mouth opening. You simply slide the lever from left to right or up and down and it moves the eyes. Simple concept and it's just one possibility.

Thing is though, the thought of us big handed gentlemen trying to control that ish through such a tiny opening is maddening to say the least. :lol:lol:lol

After the discussion we had about trying to use Joker's PERS, you're really going to theorize this :lol If that's how it works out, forget me ever using PERS on Batman, if the mouth area's remotely the same size as v1, I could get the tip of my pinkie in their to move it :lol

Maybe the eyes will move to whatever position the head turns to... or some form... eyes stay centered but the head moves. Giving the impression the eyes are moving when it's just the head. Maybe the mechanism is in the neck itself rather then the head. The head being the trigger.

Thats honestly how I thought the PERS would be controlled in the first place.

Could be that you access it via the inside of the neck. Possibly via use of some sort of detachable joy stick. If it's simply a lever won't that only move them back and forth when they're supposed to also be able to move up and down?

I'm sure whatever they come up with, it'll work like Joker with the same range of motion, how they give you access to a control to change their position is the big ? mark.

What if the lever is behind the removable faceplate?

What if the lever is behind the removable faceplate?

Too small an opening for anyone to get their fingers in, unless it comes with an extension or the lever is loose and you plug it in after removing the face plate.

Before we go all out in the theories one also have to think about how to install the PERS mechanism and if there is no opening in the back of the head and no other seam is visible then it be pretty difficult to install the PERS through the neck or mouth opening. But hey I am in awe everyday when looking at my HT collection so who knows what they cook up

I doubt very much if HT will up their cape quality. Not that I'm bothered as I have 3 spare capes left but it would still be nice to see if Hot Toys can make/use very soft flowing capes. I wonder why they never done this from the start.

I could never wrap the stock Hot Toys cape around the Batman Begins figure. It would look all pathetic and wouldn't ever hold.

Maybe the eyes will move to whatever position the head turns to... or some form... eyes stay centered but the head moves. Giving the impression the eyes are moving when it's just the head.

That's intriguing and a cool concept, but it's limited. Because that would mean the head would always have to be turned in order for the eyes to turn i.e. you couldn't have the head straight forward with the eyes to the side etc.

After the discussion we had about trying to use Joker's PERS, you're really going to theorize this :lol If that's how it works out, forget me ever using PERS on Batman, if the mouth area's remotely the same size as v1, I could get the tip of my pinkie in their to move it :lol

:lol:lol:lol I know. After I thought about it I was like "WTF that would actually be a horrible idea". :D

...are you.......are you hitting on devil? :horror

Ok that's just rame. :lol

Back