1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Cool pic but is it just me or does he looks beefier here than in the official pics on the first page?

He looks the same as in the beginning, just look at those pics from Tommy Richardson:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1824631#post1824631

Hope they'll slim the body and do some major modifications... I wouldn't pay 200$ and more for that as he looks on the proto-pics. But maybe I'm just alone with this thought :D

Hello,

Thanks for your valuable comment & support in Hot Toys products!
The information will be forwarded to our production team for their reference.

Please keep visiting our official website for getting our most updated news!

Best regards,
EF / Hot Toys
I got that to, is auto response

Never had a personal response, I doubt anybody has....

I keep thinking somebody has whacked this figure across his privates with a cricket bat. It's all flat there. Did anyone else mention this?...

If we get the perfect batman made with the slim body and other mods than I would no doubt have 3 set up. I would have a pose with a sonar head and one of the 3 mouths and cape next to the DX joker. Another one for the bat-pod with cape and regular head and finally another one with the cape pack like the hong kong scene.

Yeah. Everybody worships the suit on that figure but to me it looks slightly chunkier than its actual movie counterpart. Just like this DX TDK one.

Looking at the DK suit pictures you posted though, it looks like Hot Toys worked off of photos like those instead of movie stills. And who can blame them, you hardly see the suit details in the movie :lol

The suit does look different depending on lighting and photo composition, a lot of film shots make the body look even smaller to the head size than full body promotional images.

I think the proportions look pretty good on the DX, just a slight widening/beefing up of the head like that one photoshop image and it should be set in that regard, it's more the thickness of the body from a profile that's still not a match, but not sure you'll ever get a figure that's exact, this is at least much much closer than we've seen yet, so glad for that.

As for the Begins figure, I think it looks pretty close to this personally.

01.jpg

Have you got yours out on display yet or still all boxed up?...

They're still in my HT Batman drawer, along with the other 90% of my collection. My moving out plans have been stalled but as soon as I get my own place I'll be building up a display.

I got that to, is auto response

Never had a personal response, I doubt anybody has....

I do have one, actually from a guy named Kody. It was about a hand peg I broke :monkey2 When I asked for any news on the new DX Bats, auto responses started coming... :lol

Agreed MF, if the DX Batman was released tomorrow I would be pretty happy with it. It's a complete toss up if they will make it slimmer in the end or not.

He looks the same as in the beginning, just look at those pics from Tommy Richardson:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1824631#post1824631

Hope they'll slim the body and do some major modifications... I wouldn't pay 200$ and more for that as he looks on the proto-pics. But maybe I'm just alone with this thought :D

I hate to say it, but some of those photos don't seem like he made them, the ones photoshopped against film backgrounds just look awfully weak in posing and lighting for his work.

Yeah. Everybody worships the suit on that figure but to me it looks slightly chunkier than its actual movie counterpart. Just like this DX TDK one.

Looking at the DK suit pictures you posted though, it looks like Hot Toys worked off of photos like those instead of movie stills. And who can blame them, you hardly see the suit details in the movie :lol

plus the nose and chin seem off on BB

Agreed MF, if the DX Batman was released tomorrow I would be pretty happy with it. It's a complete toss up if they will make it slimmer in the end or not.

One thing I think may prevent them from going any slimmer is, I don't know how small they can go with thickness of the parts and the actual size of the torso to still have all the mechanics needed for the arm articulation or not having the plastic be so thin that you can easily break the pieces inside. Some people made the first TDK better shaving down the chest, but still not close to film accurrate, just better than factory appearance. I have a feeling that because it's a figure, the DX is probably the slimmest he can get before you start losing functionality in the base body. He's not perfect, but I'd rather a figure this close in appearance and posable and badass than almost exact in appearance and significantly less posable.

Almost 100 pages in 3 days? Batman has no limits!!:wacky
HT did it again.... I'm sure this fig will ROCK HARD! Must buy...:banana

For some reason, I just can't push the button on pre-ordering this item. How many versions of the same figure does one really need? It's to the point now that it really seems they are milking the heck outta that dead cow. Figure looks very nice......but not different enough to lay down that kinda money........too many of the same figure gets a little crazy.......

Interesting that ActionHQ has a date expected: 02/26/2010. There's no telling though as Iron Man Mark 2 shipped from them before Toys2 but usually they get their stuff a month later than Toys2.

MaulFan was wrong. Though..... is he wrong. How would one know if it is or isn't... put a bright light on anything and it's overexposed. Then there's no way of telling until you physically have it.

The suit colour appears it hasn't changed on this. So therefor it was the lighting?... It's still the grey'ish rubber look thats on v1.

Still mind-blowing every time I see this - I know a lot of collectors on here are picking a fair few faults with it but for me this is the ultimate Batman and the accessories are just astounding - I really can't fault it at all :D

20090713_f57e32fe51769b713788bNg46PjDVGgd.jpg

Not the same shot, but notice the difference in lighting between the full standing shot in the add and the lone HT image here.

DX02_TDK_Batman_14.jpg

More dramatic lighting, stronger contrast of shadow and light in the HT photo, the forms are much more defined and a strong definition given to the elements, the magazing shot almost looks like a more solid mass because it's more lit.

Back