1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Ya know, even if the don't change the suit for the 3rd movie I am SURE that HT will do another figure anyway so yeah I guess I will wait :p

Ya know, even if the don't change the suit for the 3rd movie I am SURE that HT will do another figure anyway so yeah I guess I will wait :p

I'm not that sure. I think that the DX Batman will be their final TDK Batman figure. There is no reason why they should do than again another run with this figure.

I'm not that sure. I think that the DX Batman will be their final TDK Batman figure. There is no reason why they should do than again another run with this figure.

I think VS is saying that when the next movie comes out the TDK suited figure will get some kind of re-release like the 'Begins' suit did for this movie.

I think VS is saying that when the next movie comes out the TDK suited figure will get some kind of re-release like the 'Begins' suit did for this movie.

I've understood what VS have said but I still think that they're not going to do a re-re-release of the TDK-bat when the 3rd movie comes out. I can't imagine that HT will release 3 same versions of one character. If so, than come on HT, re-release your T-800 Endo!

I've understood what VS have said but I still think that they're not going to do a re-re-release of the TDK-bat when the 3rd movie comes out. I can't imagine that HT will release 3 same versions of one character. If so, than come on HT, re-release your T-800 Endo!

They will most certainly release another version of him even if its the same suit. I mean cmon, have you seen how much they've improved in just the past year? Imagine in 3 yrs from now, when such a figure is likely to come out.. we probably won't be able to tell the difference between the figure and the real thing haha

In 3 years of production the next Batman figure ( 4 years, we know how long it takes after a movie comes out for a figure to be made) will probably include a material used for the cape that can actually mimic the skeleton of the movie and it will be made out of 90% lycra and 10% fairy wings.
Hot Toys will harvest those fairys on fairyfarms outside of the borders of China in a secret facility only known as "Mushroom Kingdom".
Yep, 2013 's gonna be awesome.

Oh and I bet the next headsculpt and suit will be awesome, too for the figure.

As long as the TDK suit even makes an appearance in the next movie, I'm sure Hot Toys will make another figure, maybe more limited in production like the Begins costume, but with the advances they'll have made by then, and the fact that those few years also opens up for people too young or not making enough money now to get their figures to be able to afford them and won't have the v1 or v2 and be looking for v3.

Out of everything so far with this figure... how come nobody has blasted the hand peg talk yet...

Out of everything so far with this figure... how come nobody has blasted the hand peg talk yet...

Well, the Begins pegs were a non-issue, my replacement peg is a non-issue, so until we get these figures in hand, we can't tell if the wrist pegs are going to be a pain or not.

For a $200 DX figure, I do think there should just be one per hand like Predators.

hand peg?
something wrong with it?:confused:

Yes, the hands required heat every time to swap out on the first TDK suit figure.

Well, they're actually pretty aware of it I would think. I know a number of people here either directly or through wherever they bought it, ended up getting replacement pegs out of Hot Toys because of breaks that occurred trying to swap out hands, which should be easily done since the figure's intended to do it.

Hopefully they learned and improve things.

The strange thing is, the Batman figures use an old type of connection to attach the wrist peg into the hand, a wide, mushroom peg, where newer figures use a small little peg more like Sideshow figures and those are much easier to swap around.

Part of the trouble too with the TDK pegs is the whole thing is basically inside the hand with the glove around it, so you can't get at any material really other than the small peg that goes into the figure forearms.

ahh now i know.
i think the narrow shoulder TT have the same problem.
i tried to swap hands the other day but it didn't fit in.
then i realize that the peg had bigger connection so it won't fit the small holes on the gun holding hands.

Batman still looks Bulky.

batmanjp.jpg

Last edited:

even though he still looks bulky with some modding and a new cape he will be perfect.

i don't see it so. in this pic he looks fater then ever. I think you have to sand the half figure to look just normal :sick

And I can't accept that I had to sand him to look alright. It's the second chance for Hot Toys, they have all the sources, they have all the time to do it perfect, so do it just how it should look. I hate their lazyness. The "Deluxe"-one should be perfect, common Hot Toys you can do it. :peace

None of those shots of Batman in the above pic is new. They're all old, right? Just reassembled for a magazine page.

Back