1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this has probably been answered, but I hate o go back through all the pages. What all problems reside with dx02 vs dx12? I really want the sonar head and backpack thingy lol. I was reading something about oily chest??

I know this has probably been answered, but I hate o go back through all the pages. What all problems reside with dx02 vs dx12? I really want the sonar head and backpack thingy lol. I was reading something about oily chest??

https://youtu.be/0ab_uKHxhxQ

I can't wait for my dx12 with the armory I missed that one being new to the hobby. Check out this video I found it breaks down the differences.

The early batches of the DX02 had abs made of rubber that had a leaking problem. Later on this was resolved using a hard plastic lower abdomen section. You should look out for a figure with so called "hard abs". I have one of those and no problems occurred.
The other thing is the suit is made out of rubbery material that hinders articulation of the arms a little bit. The arms will not stay bent but have a tendency to straighten out again. It takes a little time to pose him, but in most cases it can be done.

I would recommend only two or three simple modifications:
-Think about a custom cape. Not really required but there are awesome capes available. Installation is easy as pie
-Grab a DX12 utility belt from the bay. These look more realistic and improve the overall appearance of the figure. One of the two belts need shortening for the perfect fit. Otherwise it may have a little slag. The belt has segments that can be glued as you wish.
-If you plan on displaying the sonar head, think about a neck mod. This one is slightly advanced. You have to pry open the neck of the sonar head and remove the rubber neck connector entirely. Then the neck will sit much deeper in the body. The neck sits snug inside the suit, so it shouldn't easily fall out. Be careful not to damage the neck, though

All in all the DX02 is a tremendous figure

Used a BB Bruce Wayne head with shorter neck. Is it too short?

10678860_10153095796293362_3925476657715514901_n.jpg

10624845_10153095620303362_369890405941877676_n.jpg

I got my armory in today! I used the new headsculpt and put it on the DX02 body, and I think it looks great! Here's some shots I took today:

DX02 with Armory Headsculpt

The DX02 will not, and shall not ever die. Did you have to mod anything or plug and play?

edit:
Just noticed the Dx02 looking neck..is that correct?

The DX02 will not, and shall not ever die. Did you have to mod anything or plug and play?

edit:
Just noticed the Dx02 looking neck..is that correct?

No mods at all. All stock but now just with the new armory headsculpt. I think this head sits a little deeper than the DX02 head so the neck doesn't look as long anymore

great pics SixthScaleEdward, i always like the Batman Begins Head Sculpt might, im planning to use the head with ninja outfit

Just wanted to put up a couple pictures of my modded DX02 Batman. I've added the TDK Armory headsculpt, DX12 neck (no more long giraffe neck!), DX12 boots for added articulation, & a lforigno custom rayon cape. Overall I really like the look of it! Here's a few shots I took with my phone real quick:

DX02 Batman (Modded)

Wasn't there some strange chemical reaction with the DX12 boots and the old rubber suits? Or was that only with the TF suit?

Wasn't there some strange chemical reaction with the DX12 boots and the old rubber suits? Or was that only with the TF suit?

Oh, was there really?? If that's the case, than I'll switch back to the old boots haha

EDIT* Just did some reading on the issue and it seems like adding some scotch tape to the suit wherever the boot is touching will prevent the "melting" problem

Oh, was there really?? If that's the case, than I'll switch back to the old boots haha

EDIT* Just did some reading on the issue and it seems like adding some scotch tape to the suit wherever the boot is touching will prevent the "melting" problem

While adding tape may prevent the problem, after looking at your pose, which is great but not very articulated,and you have the cape covering one boot, why chance it? You could get the same results using the DX02 boots while not having to worry about any chemical reaction.

While adding tape may prevent the problem, after looking at your pose, which is great but not very articulated,and you have the cape covering one boot, why chance it? You could get the same results using the DX02 boots while not having to worry about any chemical reaction.

I bought it used and the left boot is broken where the foot peg is supposed to connect which was another reason I switched boots. But after a little thought I agreed with your thinking and switched back to the dx02 boots. Don't want to chance it.

Back