1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you get the wrinkles out of his cape? I was contemplating putting a Luke warm iron on it
8asa6uqa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have heard that collectors steam them. Have not tried this myself but was considering it.

You could iron this cape I would think. Also, you need to get the clips in place at the shoulders. You want them fully under the chest armor, then they will not be standing up at all.

That said, I strongly recommend a custom cape for this figure.

Yeah, just use an iron. Don't apply too much pressure or let it get too hot (though the DX02 capes are thick enough that you shouldn't be too worried about it, unlike most 1/6 fabric clothing). No reason the stock cape can't look great.

I'm selling the DX02 cape soon, but the clips are apparently missing according to the previous owner. Anyways, anyone who wants them for modding or whatever, letmeknow.

Thanks guys the cape looks much better, I did a light iron on it, I still cannot get the clips under the armor on the cape
yqe2ate3.jpg

Thanks guys the cape looks much better, I did a light iron on it, I still cannot get the clips under the armor on the cape
yqe2ate3.jpg

Unacceptable. It ruins the look of the figure.

Try this: Point the clips straight down towards the shoulder when pushing it into place. At the same time, lift up on the chest armor.

This is a huge pet peeve for me... I've posted picture tutorials of how to do it, and have shown it in my videos. It's not hard, and it doesn't hurt the figure. It is simply displaying the figure with the stock cape in the way Hot Toys intended. The clip design is actually pretty cool once you get them correctly in place, but until you do they will be a constant source of irritation and they will be the only thing people see in your pictures of the figure.

^^^ Yeah, in the beginning it was a pain trying to figure it out but now it's pretty easy. The suit underneath is rubber. Like Maglor said, point the clips straight down and don't be afraid to push it down into the rubber suit as it will bend downwards along with it, allowing you to get the clip deeper inside the slot. Then gradually slide the clip from down to towards you so that it slides into place and it will look much better line in my older pics. Cheers!

You guys are giving him the worst advice ever.
This is what you do:
1) take stock cape
2) throw it back in the box
3) PM lforigno or TonyMeis and get a custom cape
4) install that cape
5) Done

I already said that. But he seems determined to use the stock cape.

The stock cape can be futzed to look okay if you get the clips installed correctly.

^^^ Yep, exactly. The DX02 cape I liked a lot more than the DX12. I only planned on getting the TonyMeis wired cape for my DX12 on the Batpod b/c the cape holder from the Batpod just sucks...

You guys are giving him the worst advice ever.

They're giving him the advice he asked for - how to make what he has as good as it can be.

When someone asks "How can I make my cape look good?" and your reply is "Spend a bunch of money to get a new cape," you're not answering his question and you are not being helpful.

This is what you do:
1) take stock cape
2) throw it back in the box
3) PM lforigno or TonyMeis and get a custom cape
4) install that cape
5) Done

Are you offering to pay for that cape for him?

Throwing money at a problem isn't the answer when all he has to do is iron the cape and properly attach it with the cape clips.

Lol, y'all are so crazy, I'm still working on it. I think I can get it in, but it's not easy at all. I'm wondering if it will be a pain getting the cape back off.

It just seems hard. There is a knack to it, but once you get it you can take it on and off at will.

Back