1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

My DX02 with DX12 base and custom wired cape:

img76489sbki3a5vd.jpg

img7654gy6f9har7v.jpg

Wanted a more dynamic look...

DCD batches with hard abs can still leak.

100% correct. I just got one of these MIB in a trade, and there are two tiny wet spots behind the clear plastic barrier on the belt. Since this is going on display in my office, I'm not going to get bent outta shape about it. Do any of the DX 02 experts here think that it will worsen if I remove the barrier? I'm inclined to leave it, but seek your learned council.

100% correct. I just got one of these MIB in a trade, and there are two tiny wet spots behind the clear plastic barrier on the belt. Since this is going on display in my office, I'm not going to get bent outta shape about it. Do any of the DX 02 experts here think that it will worsen if I remove the barrier? I'm inclined to leave it, but seek your learned council.

Did you wipe the wet spots? If so, did the moisture return?

Leave the plastic sheet in there. I removed mine and the leaking got considerably worse until I cut a piece of cloth to replace it with. The cloth did help soak up the oils, unlike the plastic, so I'd recommend that if you do chose to remove the plastic barrier. Also take care to check and dry the abs on the regular basis. That will prevent against the oil deteriorating the plastic over time.

That's an excellent idea. Perhaps a small piece of adhesive felt would stop (or slow) the chemical reaction.

I used an old microfiber eyeglass lens cloth. Just cut it to size and folded and gently stuck it under the ab plate. It seemed to resolve the issue for as long as I owned the figure after that. But again, the plastic sheet is better than nothing at all.

Well, first see if the oil even returns in the first place.

Hey guys do all the dx02 leak? I really like the backpack and night vision cowl. But I don't want to waste 150 for recast. Thanks

Ah ok so there are some that don't leak than.

Hey guys do all the dx02 leak? I really like the backpack and night vision cowl. But I don't want to waste 150 for recast. Thanks

I've got 3 from the DC-Direct batch, with hard plastic abs (unlike the soft rubber of the Asian release). None are leaking.

Ah so it was the first Asian batch that had oily leaks?

Yes, there were two Asian batches (a very small, limited Honk Kong release and shortly thereafter a general Asian release). Then several months went by, during which the oil leaking was reported and widespread. Finally, the Western batch was released, and the abs at that point were made with a different material.

All:
Someone is offering to sell this guy, along with black widow for $490.
Always wanted a dx02 for some reason, already have a dx12, but there's just something about this guy that makes me want to buy him. His abs are perfect, and overall in pristine condition /complete.
Yay or nay?

Back